Betting Talk

Is 5dimes the only book offering odds on the NDST/Mont?

helmuthelmut Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Sports Betting
Only college game scheduled for Saturday

Wish more books put up numbers on these games

I think if they are on TV they should be treated like the extra games are now.

Comments

• BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    helmut wrote: »
    Only college game scheduled for Saturday

Wish more books put up numbers on these games

I think if they are on TV they should be treated like the extra games are now.

A pet peave of mine-- why are there still "extra board" games? The Sun Belt should be treated like all the rest-- not to mention the College basketball leagues that have been on the "extra board" for close to 25 years now.

Also, these TV games between top 25 1-AA teams should be lined like everything else (5Dimes has -120 until gameday)-- after all, they handicap these games when the playoffs roll around. But, of course, I'm for lining all Div 1 basketball teams too.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    LOL you guys know why there are 'extra board' games with low limits. So you can't beat them for much when you know more than they do.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    The point is, they're not bookies anymore-- they're number movers. Most so called "bookies" couldn't make a decent number on a game if their life depended on it. I've said for years, if there's a game on TV (especially football) be it Div 3 or a couple of SWAC teams a real bookie would put a number on it. Sure, the limit can be next to nothing, but the average Joe will bet a game he knows nothing about if it's on TV, so why not take his money? And, in Vegas, it's all about getting him in the door. He may win his coin-flip $50 on the TV game-- while losing a couple hundred at craps or slots.

All the books should be talking up this stand-alone first college game of the year-- after all, many will "climb it because it's there."
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2015
    Sportsoptions has this on the rotation schedule now, there is a decent chance some others will put this game up because it is on ESPN.