Betting Talk

Tiger Woods just hit an eagle to tie for the lead in r2

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
Is he finally back??? Love him or hate him he makes golf more interesting.

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Get over him Jake..............he's history. The last 5+ years he's chewed up more sucker money than many pump and dump stocks. Let's promote the upstart kids like Spieth, McIlroy, Day, etc. When I get Tiger flashbacks he's alway in a twosome with Eliot Spitzer.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Get over him Jake..............he's history. The last 5+ years he's chewed up more sucker money than many pump and dump stocks. Let's promote the upstart kids like Spieth, McIlroy, Day, etc. When I get Tiger flashbacks he's alway in a twosome with Eliot Spitzer.

He's taken a ton of money don't get me wrong... but his play thru 2 rounds has been vintage Tiger. I keep holding out hope he'll be back... only to be let down.
    edited August 2015
    Jake T. wrote: »
    He's taken a ton of money don't get me wrong... but his play thru 2 rounds has been vintage Tiger. I keep holding out hope he'll be back... only to be let down.

He's tied after the second round in this Wyndham Tourney. Have you checked the field? With some exceptions it's a JV contest. DLove3 is is one stroke back on a less than difficult course. Don't get too excited.
    edited August 2015
    He's tied after the second round in this Wyndham Tourney. Have you checked the field? With some exceptions it's a JV contest. DLove3 is is one stroke back on a less than difficult course. Don't get too excited.

This is my current level of excitement:

http://media.giphy.com/media/5QDMONlew3jby/giphy.gif

I'll try to reel it in.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2015

This field isn't exacly the Mayakoba either.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Tiger's buying at the Waffle House!!
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Tiger is still a long way from being as good as the top 30 players in the world.

As far as the field goes, this is much less important now then it was 10-15 years ago.
    All the fields are good now wether they are rated as high as others or not.

Tiger is still very far away from being a top 50
    Players in the world. I would lay -400 right now that he doesn't win this week and I would feel real good about the bet.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Tiger is still a long way from being as good as the top 30 players in the world.

As far as the field goes, this is much less important now then it was 10-15 years ago.
    All the fields are good now wether they are rated as high as others or not.

Tiger is still very far away from being a top 50
    Players in the world. I would lay -400 right now that he doesn't win this week and I would feel real good about the bet.

-340 on Dimes right now you are in business
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    other than his major issues with the driver, he is refining the rest quite well. doesn't need driver much this week obviously so that helps him and who cares about the field; he shot 2 rounds in the mid 60s and if the other guys were all playing then I still think is close to the top with -11. hope he wins and moves on which i'll the take the odds he does... this course is fairly easy for him.
    edited August 2015
    newcombe wrote: »
    other than his major issues with the driver, he is refining the rest quite well. doesn't need driver much this week obviously so that helps him and who cares about the field; he shot 2 rounds in the mid 60s and if the other guys were all playing then I still think is close to the top with -11. hope he wins and moves on which i'll the take the odds he does... this course is fairly easy for him.

Id like to see him win too, but I'd also be happy to book that bet. He ain't winning and you heard it here first.
    edited August 2015
    From what I've heard his warm up sessions and practices have been phenomenal. He just can't bring it to the course. He will eventually, but he's not ready to win right now imo.
    edited August 2015
    its not that i'd like to see him win (although i think it would be cool) as much as i think this course is an easy fit for his game. iron play, shorter course, soft. he should've shot lower today... (i know should've, would've, could've) but he easily could have shaved another 2 strokes off.
    edited August 2015
    I would love to see him win this week. But dam I just don't see how. It's been an eternity since he's won out there. Most people don't underetand how hard it is to win out there..

He will prolly win by 8 this week since I dogged him lol
    edited August 2015
    Just shanked a putt on 18 to bogey. 2 back heading into 4th round tomorrow.
    edited August 2015
    Just shanked a putt on 18 to bogey. 2 back heading into 4th round tomorrow.

Just coughed up more sucker $$ in his matchup with Snedeker.
    edited August 2015
    Maybe shank wasn't the right word for his putt. Just bad luck. Here's the GIF:

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/635209934674595841
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Just coughed up more sucker $$ in his matchup with Snedeker.

I avoided that matchup but normally I would have taken Snedeker for sure if he hadn't just shot a 61.
    edited August 2015
    same Gore that won the Cox Classic back in '05 i believe here in Omaha... 1 win since on the pga tour. he doesn't finish in top 5 is my guess.
    edited August 2015
    same Gore that won the Cox Classic back in '05 i believe here in Omaha... 1 win since on the pga tour. he doesn't finish in top 5 is my guess.

I hope gore plays well today. He's one of the nicest guys out there. He's almost quit pro golf twice. Good story
    edited August 2015
    Gore has been through a lot. I don't think he is going to feel the pressure as much as you would normally think today. I don't think he wins, but I don't think he will take a big dive today.
    edited August 2015
    i agree with you both but final group on Sunday on a course that is allowing guys to destroy it after shooting a 62. odds are certainly stacked against him in my opinion but if he won that would be something special.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I hope gore plays well today. He's one of the nicest guys out there. He's almost quit pro golf twice. Good story

Little tidbits like this are some of my favorite posts here at BT. You should share more of them about your golf experiences.
    edited August 2015
    i agree with you both but final group on Sunday on a course that is allowing guys to destroy it after shooting a 62. odds are certainly stacked against him in my opinion but if he won that would be something special.

Well yeah that is why he is 5 to 1 and not the favorite. But I don't think he chokes either. I could be wrong though.
    edited August 2015
    Tiger had another "fine" performance today on a course that saw about 70% breeze under par. Tiger matchup players were again sucked into the hype with his matchup against WSimpson. If you guys still can't see the value that's still left............root like a cheerleader.
  • Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    From what I've heard his warm up sessions and practices have been phenomenal. He just can't bring it to the course. He will eventually, but he's not ready to win right now imo.

From few weeks ago, but good example of what you're saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO3-fqitzkw
    edited September 2015
    Tiger Woods has second back surgery, done for 2015

Tiger Woods had back surgery Wednesday and won’t play again in 2015.

“This is certainly disappointing, but I’m a fighter,” Woods said Friday on his website. “I've been told I can make a full recovery, and I have no doubt that I will."

The microdiscectomy surgery was performed in Park City, Utah, by neurosurgeon Dr. Charles Rich, who also performed the initial operation to Woods’ back March 31, 2014. He missed three months after that surgery.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2015/09/18/tiger-woods-back-surgery/72427386/
    edited September 2015
    Tiger Woods has second back surgery, done for 2015

The microdiscectomy surgery was performed in Park City, Utah, by neurosurgeon Dr. Charles Rich,

The Vonn girl was too much for him sexually. While in UT, Dr. Rich might try to convert him to the LDS ministry. The chicks up there are more docile:wonder:
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    No turkey, unless it's on a club sandwich