Betting Talk

Is the 49ers' offseason the worst in NFL history?

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited August 2015 in Sports Betting
What a disaster of an offseason. Numerous super-important players retiring (Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Chris Borland). Aldon Smith getting into more legal trouble. Harbaugh out. Frank Gore and Michael Crabtree left. And now to top everything else off Jerome Simpson is suspended yet again for drugs (we signed him a few months back).

This team has lost about half it's defense in one offseason and it's not the result of guys signing elsewhere or anything.

The team was in the NFC Championship game in 3 of the last 4 years and now can barely field a team.

Sad.

Comments

• Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Can anyone think of a worst offseason?
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Even if the roster stayed the same, it would be a tough blow to go from Harbaugh to Jim Tomsula. Or is it Tom Jimsula? But then you throw in the mess with the roster and I can't come up with anything worse.
  • odiecabodiecab Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    As bad as it seems the offseason for the 1973 Green Bay Packers was 10x worse.
    edited August 2015
    Ahmad Brooks just charged with sexual battery. Lovely.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Hey, at least you can put the Rugby dude in the positive category. Pretty cool story.
    edited August 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    Hey, at least you can put the Rugby dude in the positive category. Pretty cool story.

He's been about the only positive of camp so far. Guy has vision for days and is hard to bring down. He'll be fun to watch.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Hey Jake, I played the Niners under 7 wins, as square as it looks, I just couldn't resist. On paper I don't know how they win 8 games. What do you think, as apparently you follow them pretty close
    edited August 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Hey Jake, I played the Niners under 7 wins, as square as it looks, I just couldn't resist. On paper I don't know how they win 8 games. What do you think, as apparently you follow them pretty close

As a fan I'm calling for Kaepernick to carry them to the Super Bowl.

As a realist I think 4-12 is more realistic than 8-8 at this point.

Their OL is a mess. Learning new techniques. Lost too many experienced players on offense.

On defense they lost their star linebacking crew. Justin Smith. Ray MacDonald is gone. Tons of new faces.

The schedule is tough. The NFC West is loaded. No easy wins.

It's going to be a long year unfortunately. Fingers crossed though.