Betting Talk

Two Futures for the Board.

RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
edited September 2015 in Sports Betting
This is just an opinion thread. Yours is as good as the next guy.

#1 Would you lay -200 Matt Williams get fired if the Washgtn Nats fail to reach post-season?

#2 Who gets the Republican Presidential nod in 2016?

Comments

• kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    #1 Yes

#2 Walker or Bush
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    #1 No, but only because the team has been crushed with injuries this year. Only so much the skipper can do.

#2 Walker is my best guess. Can they really try to run another Bush up there?
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited August 2015
    1. Yes
    2. Bush seems like the safest bet. Ted Cruz for a decent longshot.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Sorry, link won't work, but the article points out how bad he is at handling a pitching staff, especially the bullpen
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    If I was the GM he be gone NOW! Lets see the next doz or so games IMO they have no chance of catching the Mets. Why didn't he take out Scherzer why didn't he take out Gio the man doesn't have a clue. It's a lifeless team except Harper.

#2 Who gets the Republican Presidential nod in 2016? Is there really a difference? If you were going to get robbed and both robbers were wearing masks would it matter you rob you. Have a good time in the voting booth how's the last 8 years working out for you.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    If I was the GM he be gone NOW!

#2 Who gets the Republican Presidential nod in 2016? Is there really a difference? If you were going to get robbed and both robbers were wearing masks would it matter you rob you. Have a good time in the voting booth how's the last 8 years working out for you.

A lot better than the eight years before Obama
    edited August 2015
    I disagree with that. How's Obama care working out for the people who have to have it. This man disrespects this country in many ways and the sheep will follow. Then they voted him in a second term what a joke. Where have all the Ronalds gone.
    edited August 2015
    kane wrote: »

From what I understand nobody is hitting over 240 in the infield (I think there is one not going to look now) may I ask Mr. Williams there's a kid I think his name is Turner tearing up the league why wouldn't you call him up and give him a shot and possibly a spark to the team and an understanding the way Maddon did it with the cubs no job is safe. Everybody takes a piece of the blame but the Manager has to put it out there you hit you play you don't well will try someone else. Can't stay the same way when it's not working.
    Under 500 is disgraceful for that club.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    The Nat's front office has made more blunders than Butch Hobson(sorrykdog). I cudda made him an entry with MW. Rizzo was named GM by default. Arizona didn't want him. Unprecedented move by shutting down Strasburg during a playoff drive. Threatening to send BHarper to the minors last year(half-ass denial). Who knows maybe Rizzo orders:thumbdown2: the club to shut down Scherzer.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    1. Yes

2. Rubio...Saw a report that Iowa folks think Walker is boring, that has to be the kiss of death.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I disagree with that. How's Obama care working out for the people who have to have it.

Love it. Saved me about 20k
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    durito wrote: »
    Love it. Saved me about 20k

Must be pre existing condition?
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Must be pre existing condition?

Yes plus access to a better plan. Plan still sucks though, but was a vast improvement over previous ones.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    I disagree with that. How's Obama care working out for the people who have to have it. This man disrespects this country in many ways and the sheep will follow. Then they voted him in a second term what a joke. Where have all the Ronalds gone.
    Are you suggesting Ronald Reagan was a great president?
    edited August 2015
    He had balls like Kennedy when they were needed. Politics is a very touchie subject much like religion. Some of us don't believe in God some do some liked Ronald Reagan some didn't I guess it's all what your beliefs are. So I will answer your question with a yes and the ball is in your count but they will be no futher discussion on this topic.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    #1 Yes
    # 2 Trump and Trump :laughing:
    edited August 2015

Well ya unless you like the smell of Russian uranium :laugh:
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Kashmir wrote: »

Yes, 100%
    edited August 2015
    Just amazing.
    edited August 2015
    Did you guys know that Mexican Drug Lord EL CHAPO said he will put a hit on Trump if he wins. Guy just escaped from a Mexican Prison for like the 3rd time and paid close to 50 mill to engineers to dig him that tunnel escape route. When this guy orders a hit safest place to hide would be one of the Poles. :scare:
    edited August 2015
    Trump won't get the nomination. He can't win a general election. Just like Huckabee and Cruz. Those guys would get killed in a general election. It's just a matter of time before the Fox News tools figure it out and his numbers fade. They have to be careful too. They need him to want to quit. If they piss him off and go Independent they have an even bigger problem on their hands.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Next president is doomed anyway, rates won't be rising till summer 2016, next president will step right into a rising rate recession. Sucks for you Mrs. Clinton.
    edited August 2015
    Kashmir wrote: »
    Just amazing.

You shoud Google him a lot of interesting stuff. Not everyone is perfect

PRINCETON, NJ -- Ronald Reagan, the nation's 40th president, became one of the nation's most revered public figures in recent years, a distinct turnabout from the more routinely average ratings he received while he served in office between 1981 and 1989. Reagan's job approval ratings in his first years in office were hurt by the bad economy, and the last years of his administration were marred by the negative fallout from what came to be known as the Iran-Contra affair. Nevertheless, Americans have more recently upgraded their retrospective approval of the job he did as president, and now routinely think of Reagan as one of the nation's more outstanding presidents. Reagan has appeared in the Top 10 of Gallup's annual Most Admired Man list more than 30 times, more often than any other person except evangelist Billy Graham.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2011/0204/Was-Ronald-Reagan-a-good-president
    edited August 2015
    You shoud Google him a lot of interesting stuff. Not everyone is perfect

PRINCETON, NJ -- Ronald Reagan, the nation's 40th president, became one of the nation's most revered public figures in recent years, a distinct turnabout from the more routinely average ratings he received while he served in office between 1981 and 1989. Reagan's job approval ratings in his first years in office were hurt by the bad economy, and the last years of his administration were marred by the negative fallout from what came to be known as the Iran-Contra affair. Nevertheless, Americans have more recently upgraded their retrospective approval of the job he did as president, and now routinely think of Reagan as one of the nation's more outstanding presidents. Reagan has appeared in the Top 10 of Gallup's annual Most Admired Man list more than 30 times, more often than any other person except evangelist Billy Graham.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2011/0204/Was-Ronald-Reagan-a-good-president

Christian Science Monitor?

Classic.
    edited August 2015
    There's so much more and so many different sites. But I forget Your Kashmir the chosen one that's never been wrong since I know you.
    edited August 2015
    There's so much more and so many different sites. But I forget Your Kashmir the chosen one that's never been wrong since I know you.

Feeling inadequate?

Have some jelly beans. That will make everything better.
    edited August 2015
    Inadequate with a piss ass like you. How's the building a model on making half-time NBA lines going? Your a very angry boy you should talk to someone it's possible someone is in the next room that will make everything better.
    edited August 2015
    Inadequate with a piss ass like you. How's the building a model on making half-time NBA lines going? Your a very angry boy you should talk to someone it's possible someone is in the next room that will make everything better.

Seems like you're the only one that is angry. I thought you weren't going to post on this subject at all? I think you should heed your own advice in the future. Maybe just curl up in bed with your Christian Science Monitor and call it a night?

And by the way I am very pleased with what i've found so far while working on my model.
    edited August 2015
    Looking forward to your posting half-time lines and plays and I wish you the best of luck. I'll post a few myself half-times only should be fun.