Betting Talk

heritage get out of bet free...

munson15munson15 Senior Member
edited September 2018 in Sports Betting
looking for advice on how to handle this promo tonight, haven't played there in some years...thanks in advance.:toast:

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    Funny I was going to send Heritage a little something via BC yesterday and I just asked what promos you have going for a reload. Just to backtrack many years ago around the mid 90's when they were invite only. They were my first far away sports book and over the years I would go back once in a while but it's been a few years so anyway they tell me we have to check your profile and then will tell you what bonus we can give you. Two minutes later they come back and said we can't give you anything. WTF does that mean. I don't remember beating them for anything. Has anyone reloaded recently and has that happened to you.
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    munson15 wrote: »
    looking for advice on how to handle this promo tonight, haven't played there in some years...thanks in advance.:toast:

The first half line is Memphis State - 18. So if I'm not beating that line by 3.5 points at the half I drop the bet. I have no dog in the fight, but I want to bet a side that is more likely to be beating the first half line by a big margin. And I think you want the underdog there. very unlikely for example that fave will be up by 28 at the half, but somewhat less unlikely that the underdog would be down 8.

So take Georgia State + 28.5, and if they trail by 15 or more at the half drop the bet.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    I don't play at that shit joint and don't know the rules. Anyway, I'd lean to the theory of "go for the gusto" on a freeroll.
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    The rule is you play the full game line 28.5, and you can withdraw it at halftime for any reason. $250 max bet.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    I agree with your suggestion paddy. It's hot as hell there at kickoff.
  • NortheastNortheast Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    Make sure you read the fine print. As paddy said max 250 and no totals, moneylines, props, or buying more than 2 points. Also I thought I read somewhere you can't bet both sides of the game there and then cancel one side. You could however take the fave at Heritage, the dog somewhere else, and then cancel the fave if they're not covering by a lot at half (or vice versa).

OT you may not have cashed out a lot from them but you may have gotten consistent CLV and/or had your bettor profile marked as sharp and thus they won't offer you a typical bonus. Not the exact same scenario but I lost my initial deposit at one shop and when I reloaded I noticed they had cut some of my limits without me cashing out a cent yet.
  • maidenguymaidenguy Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    The best way to play these---suppose you took Memphis and laid -28. They were up 28 at half. Check the second half line, it was Memphis -11 1/2. The projected win was Memphis by 39-40. If you laid 28 with Memphis you stay with your bet and if you took Georgia St. you cancel. It's that simple and the only way to play these.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    thanks for all the advice...laid the 28.5, then I was out to dinner with my wife and another couple, saw that Mem led by 28 at the half, slipped off to the men's room and took the dog +11.5 for the 2nd half...not exactly orthodox but got lucky and hit both...will keep these suggestions in mind next time they run the promo, surprised they are hard balling OT, I have always been treated well there, but I admit I rarely have beaten them...they give me 10% every deposit and still have the 8th deposit free promo running...must be all based on whether they perceive you as sharp or square with my account obviously falling into the latter category...
    edited September 2018
    When I switched over to the reduced juice program I lost all the free contests they run. There a great book but I think it's unfortunate they don't base these on loyalty. I've been playing their for over 6 years and made only one withdrawal. I am a small player but have made money their overall.
    With all the talk about last nights GOOB at halftime ,for the first time I didn't bother playing this, because I wasn't sure I could cancel if I wanted to. It seemed some could play and cancel, some couldn't play and some could but couldn't cancel.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm also on reduced juice, guy, and still got the promo, plus the free squares and even the free last man standing (which I already lost!)...
    edited September 2018
    They wont let me even sign in on the contest page.