Betting Talk

2018 NCAA Picks

Comments

• fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    BB,
    Thanks for the compliment. Interested in your reasoning on why Wisky wins. Playing at Kinnick is tough, Iowa playing well. Yes, Badgers coming off loss but I think Iowa has a bigger chip on their shoulder. All preseason it was the Big Ten East and who would play Wisconsin. Also interested in calling for a Wisconsin win but moneylined against them vs a lesser opponent?
    I don’t think it’s a homer play, but I like opposing viewpoints to make more informative decisions!

gl this season ( just not this game, HaHa)
    boom
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    fishboom wrote: »
    BB,
    Thanks for the compliment. Interested in your reasoning on why Wisky wins. Playing at Kinnick is tough, Iowa playing well. Yes, Badgers coming off loss but I think Iowa has a bigger chip on their shoulder. All preseason it was the Big Ten East and who would play Wisconsin. Also interested in calling for a Wisconsin win but moneylined against them vs a lesser opponent?
    I don’t think it’s a homer play, but I like opposing viewpoints to make more informative decisions!

gl this season ( just not this game, HaHa)
    boom

yeah boom--my biggest reason for liking the Badgers here is mostly based on non-statistical considerations. I normally would not give a contrarian opinion to anyone's picks and especially not yours, but I feel I know this team very well. Last week I took the flyer on the BYU moneyline because the Wis team seemed content and not particularly motivated (the proverbial reading their own press clippings). I guess I didn't really expect BYU to win but at the odds available thought it was worth a shot. Last year in Madison the Badgers won 38 to 14 and the game wasn't that close. (The hawkeyes scored both their touchdowns on interception returns I believe). The Iowa offense showed no capacity to score and I think they are even more offensively limited this year. Coach Paul Chryst is normally a laconic, laid-back personality, but I've been told by people inside the program that he has already started lighting a fire under his guys this week. In the first 3 games of the year the Badgers have been extremely vanilla both offensively and defensively. I truly believe that they were trying to take a "big picture" perspective on the season, and it came back to bite them right in the ass. I think you will seen a lot of new looks, on both offense and defense this week from Wis. My only trepidation about the Wis pick is that it is a night game at Kinnick, But I believe the Badgers are simply, quite a bit better team than the Hawkeyes. Now, I've been wrong before...........
    edited September 2018
    Just one other tidbit I meant to mention. As tough as Iowa is at home, the Badgers have won their last four games at Kinnick. Now, does that mean that they know how to handle that environment, or is Iowa due to beat them. I guess we'll find out Sat night.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    yeah boom--my biggest reason for liking the Badgers here is mostly based on non-statistical considerations. I normally would not give a contrarian opinion to anyone's picks and especially not yours, but I feel I know this team very well. Last week I took the flyer on the BYU moneyline because the Wis team seemed content and not particularly motivated (the proverbial reading their own press clippings). I guess I didn't really expect BYU to win but at the odds available thought it was worth a shot. Last year in Madison the Badgers won 38 to 14 and the game wasn't that close. (The hawkeyes scored both their touchdowns on interception returns I believe). The Iowa offense showed no capacity to score and I think they are even more offensively limited this year. Coach Paul Chryst is normally a laconic, laid-back personality, but I've been told by people inside the program that he has already started lighting a fire under his guys this week. In the first 3 games of the year the Badgers have been extremely vanilla both offensively and defensively. I truly believe that they were trying to take a "big picture" perspective on the season, and it came back to bite them right in the ass. I think you will seen a lot of new looks, on both offense and defense this week from Wis. My only trepidation about the Wis pick is that it is a night game at Kinnick, But I believe the Badgers are simply, quite a bit better team than the Hawkeyes. Now, I've been wrong before...........

Surely not!
    edited September 2018
    UCF -13.5

gl
    boom
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    Been on the felt for last few months
    Will be playing in Shreveport and Vicksburg next week
    Hope you are doing well and successful
    BEST as always my friend
    edited September 2018
    I will in Vicksburg October 18 for Heartland Tour.
    You there then?
    Boom
    edited September 2018
    From Sunday/Monday: Tennessee +4.5, Iowa +3, Toledo/Nevada over 68, Auburn/Arkansas over 56

Ball St -2.5
    gl
    boom
    edited September 2018
    Maryland-2.5
    Kansas St +16.5
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    I will in Vicksburg October 18 for Heartland Tour.
    You there then?
    Boom

Possible - Will keep you advised
    Good luck today and in the futurs
    edited September 2018
    Oregon/Stanford over 58.

gl
    boom
    edited September 2018
    23-12 UTD
    I bow to the power of the Badger! Nice call Bucky!

gl
    boom
    edited September 2018
    23-12 UTD

gl
    boom

boom--there will be no gloating or chest pounding here---the Hawkeyes were better than I thought they were and the game could have easily gone the other way. Just a sense of relief that the Badgers escaped Iowa City with a win.
    edited September 2018
    186 North Texas -6.5
    edited September 2018
    thanks for posting and thanks for using the rotation # (hope that continues)
    edited September 2018
    135/136 La-Monroe/Ga St over 62.5
  • ComicBookGuyComicBookGuy Member
    edited September 2018
    23-12 UTD

gl
    boom

I think you might have missed a play from last week in your record. You should have a total of 36 picks. 23-13?
    edited September 2018
    113/114 NIU/EMU under 47

- - - Updated - - -

I agree 23-13 looks correct.
    Thanks
    boom
    edited September 2018
    197/198 Coastal Carolina/Troy over 57.5
  • hundohundo Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    Boom,

I am shocked this total in the Troy game is dropping the way it is. Is there a big injury I missing in this game? I just wanted to see if you read anything. Thanks.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    hundo wrote: »
    Boom,

I am shocked this total in the Troy game is dropping the way it is. Is there a big injury I missing in this game? I just wanted to see if you read anything. Thanks.

Looks like the Coastal Carolina QB is doubtful.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    seems since start of last season there is a new QB playing for CC due to injury every other game.
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    113/114 NIU/EMU under 47

- - - Updated - - -

I agree 23-13 looks correct.
    Thanks
    boom

#115/#116 Thanks for sharing.
    edited September 2018
    139/140 Pittsburgh +13