Betting Talk

Direct TV Call..NFL Sunday Ticket

kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
edited April 2020 in Sports Betting
I made my call to the retention team today and was able to get $40 and $25 off for the next 12 months..anyone else have any luck?

Comments

• BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Made my semi-annual call to DirecTV today. Asked for the "Loyalty" dept and ended up getting $60 off per month for the next 12 months and the MLB package free for the rest of the year. Even with the NFL Max package this will get/keep my monthly bill to around $100. I always discuss that I've been a loyal customer for over 23 years now, and it does seem to carry some weight. The lady I spoke with today suggested I call back in early Sept to see about some more discounts on the NFL package, that look like they will become available, but currently are not. I hate that I have to make these calls, but they are worth the small effort.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    I did not call yet , i received my bill for this month and they added the 60 something bucks to the bill for the nfl ticket, my wife sent the money in but minus the ticket price. I personally thought it was too early to call but now reading your posts ill call this week ....ill let you know how i made out.
    If you read my posts about this last year they told me they would have the red zone only package...i guess they dont. ....am not watching individual games ...i put the red zone on and watch that all day long , but when they gave me the package for free they wouldnt give me the red zone with it...not sure why but fuck it , havent paid for the nfl ticket in a long time...
    let you all know what happens once i make that call this week.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Made my semi-annual call to DirecTV today. Asked for the "Loyalty" dept and ended up getting $60 off per month for the next 12 months and the MLB package free for the rest of the year. Even with the NFL Max package this will get/keep my monthly bill to around $100. I always discuss that I've been a loyal customer for over 23 years now, and it does seem to carry some weight. The lady I spoke with today suggested I call back in early Sept to see about some more discounts on the NFL package, that look like they will become available, but currently are not. I hate that I have to make these calls, but they are worth the small effort.

I think they're the greatest and most likely won't make a call because I'm not interested in the Football package and I'm getting a lot of monthly discounts right now. But a funny thing happened I called the other day to tell them please take me off the Auto renew on the NBA and if I want it I'll call back. I didn't even speak to the Loyalty program because I was getting enough and had no intention of asking for anything. But as Bucky says being a customer since the early to mid 90's even before if was Directv (It was called Pegasus here in Nevada) The guy say okay I'll take care of it give me a minute and when he was finished he said by the way being long time customer I have a promotion for 6 months you'll get $27 off your bill. I say $27 in addition to what I'm receiving he said yep n/p I said TY. They are the best treat you well. AT&T pretty much the same as when it was Directv.

- - - Updated - - -
    jets96 wrote: »
    I did not call yet , i received my bill for this month and they added the 60 something bucks to the bill for the nfl ticket, my wife sent the money in but minus the ticket price. I personally thought it was too early to call but now reading your posts ill call this week ....ill let you know how i made out.
    If you read my posts about this last year they told me they would have the red zone only package...i guess they dont. ....am not watching individual games ...i put the red zone on and watch that all day long , but when they gave me the package for free they wouldnt give me the red zone with it...not sure why but fuck it , havent paid for the nfl ticket in a long time...

What I use to do was after the Super Bowl I would call them and tell them to take me off the Auto renew and if I want the Football next year I'll call back. This way they can't do anything until you call. I do that with all the sports packages that I get.
    edited August 2018

I did ask about getting the "Red Zone" only and was told that it is not an option at this time.
  • kramerkramer Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Just call loyalty dep. Got $60 off for a year and free HBO for 6 months
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    sucks that scumbag Pac12 commish Larry Scott cant get a deal done with direct, especially how easy they are to deal with. I play tennis with Larry sister in law, and I tell her same thing, should fire him
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    kramer wrote: »
    Just call loyalty dep. Got $60 off for a year and free HBO for 6 months

Called today had a young lady Jennifer gave me $60 off for a year & 16.50 a month for 6 months so I got the NFL Max for free, Been with Direct TV 22 years.
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    I just canceled DirecTV. Bill was around $120/mo. and only would offer me $5 off a month.

Going to sign up for DISH. I can get the Top 120 which has all the sports channels except CBS sportsnetwork and NBA TV for $69.99 plus I finally will get the PAC12 channel. I get that this is just a 2 year promo but DirecTV could not come close to this price.
    edited August 2018
    helmut , how long have you been with directv ?
    edited August 2018
    helmut , how long have you been with directv ?

14 years
    edited August 2018
    and they only offered 5 bucks, thats fucked up, and am probably looking at the same thing then , am around the same 14 years, they have been very good to me in the past , we share see once i call...am just going through the other services around me so i have an idea if its going to pay to cancel if they put me in the position ..
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Just called and got $77 off my bill. Basically half off
    edited August 2018
    helmut wrote: »
    I just canceled DirecTV. Bill was around $120/mo. and only would offer me $5 off a month.

Going to sign up for DISH. I can get the Top 120 which has all the sports channels except CBS sportsnetwork and NBA TV for $69.99 plus I finally will get the PAC12 channel. I get that this is just a 2 year promo but DirecTV could not come close to this price.

Just MO but I would call every day for at least 3/4 days and always ask for the customer loyalty program. I never heard anyone say anything good about Dish. But good luck.
    edited August 2018
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Just MO but I would call every day for at least 3/4 days and always ask for the customer loyalty program. I never heard anyone say anything good about Dish. But good luck.

agree with OT here--also if you do not call them, they will almost certainly call you with a much better offer to stay with them. I have a friend who does that---cancels--and then waits for their " please return" offer every year. Not my style but it has worked very nicely for him.
    edited August 2018
    Something new now I don't go to directv.com anymore I have to go to AT&T.com they gave a pin # if I'm asked for it. Same email addy and same password just different site. It also seems my bill date has changed because I use to get it on the 12th without fail and now I still haven't gotten it. Maybe it won't come lol. I had to play 20 questions to get to the Customer loyalty program but I stay calm and get there. They take very good of me I can't complain because you won't get what they give anywhere else.
    edited August 2018
    I don't care about their Sunday Ticket or other Pro sports packages so the fact that DISH does not have them is not that big of a deal. Never had a problem with DirecTV other than it starting to cost too much. Other than live sports I never watch much TV so all that other crap they try to entice you with like free HBO and Showtime didn't do a thing for me. MY mom has DISH and it seems to work fine when I'm at her place.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2018
    I agree with OT. I call every year and threaten to cancel and if they don’t offer enough on the first try, I call again. Always end up getting hooked up big time in the end. Can be a pain to go thru it every year, but still +EV for me.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2018
    I had to switch to Dish 7 years ago because of a tree in a neighbors yard. I've been fine with them. I don't care about the Sunday Ticket, only teams I care to watch are NE and Atlanta and I usually get one of them every week as my regional game. Outside of that, Red Zone channel is all I need. I have all the channels plus the NHL and MLB package. I'm set up on their Eastern Arc satellites instead of the Western Arc and I think the picture is clearer than my in laws DirectV picture and their signal strength is higher because they live in BFE.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Just called Monday--- took a while, but got the loyalty dept (I've been with them about 10 years)--- Got $60 a month off. I hate arguing with that computer to get a human, but it's always been worth it.
    edited August 2018
    Just called Monday--- took a while, but got the loyalty dept (I've been with them about 10 years)--- Got $60 a month off. I hate arguing with that computer to get a human, but it's always been worth it.

Just say MISTAKE when she starts the menu you then get right through and then ask the clerk for the Loyalty dept. They don't mind less work for them and as we the american is as lazy as you can be. No disrespect to the workers but it is what it is.

They can't fix mistakes they have to put you through. been working for a couple of years now.
    edited August 2018
    OK ...so , i didnt pay the 1st installment of 48.99 on last months bill , today i received the bill and had that and the 2nd installment added to my bill.
    So i called and talked to loyalty dept , told them i couldnt afford the package or directv and my wife wants me to cancel it....my poor wife , i blame everything on her, best part ,she doesnt know i blame her, anyway , the guy lavar gave me 35 bucks off per month and because i have one installment of 10 bucks off hbo and showtime left to call back and they will give me something off on them also.
    So when i asked them about the ticket , he told me id have to call back once the season starts and if they gave it to me for free in the past it shouldnt be a problem going forward, so for now , ill take the 35 bucks off per month and wait two week to call.

Question , i dont want to fuck myself , i was thinking about calling back in the beginning of next week and telling them am going to cancel and see if i can get the ticket , or do you think i should do what he said and just wait to the season starts , i wont be around week one anyway ..

thanks for advise in advance
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    I called Monday and told them I wanted to cancel my auto renewal of the Ticket, and asked if they had any specials on it. She said they didnt have anything out yet, but to try back closer to the season. Then after she removed it from my account, she said an offer to re-add it for free popped up, so I'm good for another year for nothing.
    edited August 2018
    interesting ....i think i might call back next week then and tell them my 35 bucks wasnt good enough to keep it , when i can get a bundle for 80 bucks a month which gives me cable , phone and interent
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Week 1 is a free preview for everyone. I often make my call between weeks 1 and 2.
    edited August 2018
    TommyL wrote: »
    Week 1 is a free preview for everyone. I often make my call between weeks 1 and 2.

I don’t believe in talking about canceling because to tell truth they have been very good to me over years and I feel I need them more than they need me. I don’t want Cox they won’t give you nothing but raises. It’s bad enough I have there modem which IMO is the best out there but there a pain to deal with. I hear good and bad about dish but I’m not giving up 23 years for a couple of $’s oh with that said I got the NFL package for free.

I didn’t get it last year and no intention of getting it this year but wanted to take a shot. Now I’ll get in a $300 contest with a low 5 figure pay out for 1st place and maybe a play a game or two here and there. So jets don't wait and make sure your talking to the Loyalty dept. when you say mistake it takes you to the billing dept. get there name and use it clerks like that. They’re going to try and help you just tell your looking for the football package and if there’s a promotion. Whatever they offer just say thanks but I’m a longtime customer please connect me to the Loyalty program. If you want to use the cancel card that’s up to you and if you do I hope it works.
    edited August 2018
    when the prompt comes on asking you where you want to be connected to i always say loyalty dept but of course you cant get there that way so i say want to cancel and it always brings me to the loyalty dept , guy even tells me yesterday that dont ever talk to billing or anyone else , always talk to loyalty dept, ive been with directv since 2001
    edited August 2018
    when the prompt comes on asking you where you want to be connected to i always say loyalty dept but of course you cant get there that way so i say want to cancel and it always brings me to the loyalty dept , guy even tells me yesterday that dont ever talk to billing or anyone else , always talk to loyalty dept, ive been with directv since 2001

That's even better I listen to billing's BS and then they transfer me but I like your way better.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Been with them for 7+ years, called today as discounts ran out, they offered basically nothing and bill going up 50.00 per month.
    Crazy, didn't even ask for the football and currently pay full price for mlb and nba. What to do.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    golfguru1 wrote: »
    Been with them for 7+ years, called today as discounts ran out, they offered basically nothing and bill going up 50.00 per month.
    Crazy, didn't even ask for the football and currently pay full price for mlb and nba. What to do.

Try calling back and getting someone else. Sometimes it can depend on the rep you get.
    edited August 2018
    buckeyes wrote: »
    Try calling back and getting someone else. Sometimes it can depend on the rep you get.

This ^