Betting Talk

hout/tb

jets96jets96 Senior Member
edited June 2018 in Sports Betting
stabnek goes 8 innings in the past 6 games , gives up ZERO er and 2 hits to yanks and hout and in those games tb is 3-3.
Am sure everyone is watching this very closely , get a guy to start to get through the top 3 or 4 batters , thats it ...
its interesting to say the least.

thoughts ???? like or dislike

Comments

• bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    I like it. Thinking outside the box. The first inning is the highest scoring inning. Follow that with your "starter" who can then go deeper into the game before facing hitters for the 3rd time, especially the top of the order. OPS goes up dramatically when facing a pitcher for the 3rd time in a game.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    these teams have no way of competing, the best they are doing is getting more on the mound time for more pitchers so they can get a "real" major league look.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    It's a joke Kevin Cash trying to keep a job and show he could think out of the box. Tampa Bay is pitching well right now but most of all they catch the ball. Give me Defense and decent pitching and you can be competitive.. As matter of fact with good enough pitching and good defense you don't need big hitting to win it all. He uses up a reliever and if the reliever gets in trouble now the starter has to come which really isn't his routine and routine is very important not only to pitchers but for all of us. Does he carry one less position player to keep an extra reliever?

Yes I'm a Traditionalist when it comes to baseball until I see something that's different and better for the team. So far the only thing that I agree with is batting your best hitter 2nd that's makes sense. This just doesn't JMO.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    what if you have a pen like the yankees , how many guys do they have that can throw over 95 , you only need them to get past the first inning, i am also old school, but its going to happen more ,
    One of my sons travel coaches changed pitchers every inning , or tried to , had hard throwers first , replaced with junk ball guys, then replace with hard throwers, those guys were so off balance it was crazy ...we didnt lose much.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2018
    jets96 wrote: »
    what if you have a pen like the yankees , how many guys do they have that can throw over 95 , you only need them to get past the first inning, i am also old school, but its going to happen more ,
    One of my sons travel coaches changed pitchers every inning , or tried to , had hard throwers first , replaced with junk ball guys, then replace with hard throwers, those guys were so off balance it was crazy ...we didnt lose much.
    First you need to compare apples to Apples
    I don't think it will catch on because of the possible overworked factor. No chance for a complete game even though you don't see them much anymore. What about 8 innings and the closer the rest of the BP gets a rest. How about these pitchers learning how to set up batters for when they see them the 2nd and 3rd time. If you have 4 pitches it shouldn't be that hard and if you don't have 4 pitches then learn. Baseball is quickly becoming a joke pretty soon top 10 man on 2nd. Everything is down and I can't wait to see what the FA are going to get next year.

One more thing how many Yankee bullpens are there. Count on one hand how many good bullpens there are.