IP H R ER BB SO
05/25 vs BALTIMORE D HESS -155 8.5 -2 Loss Un 0.67 2 1 1 0 1
05/20 at LA ANGELS S OHTANI +182 8 -3 Loss Un 1.33 0 0 0 2 3
05/19 at LA ANGELS A HEANEY +155 8.5 2 Win Un 1.00 0 0 0 0 3

line is bouncing around -05/-10 either way

my model has tbay as a much higher favorite like at least 50 cents
pretty solid model and one of highest variance for me all year
overnight so cant go on any pitching or line up changes

have no confidence in his pitching ability and no idea why the rays are trying to demolish this guy
but i think i am going to have to back him tomorrow

ot its still early out there and saw you just post
so let me know what u think thanks for the hre's and by the way how about that nyy over the last week (5-1-1) !!!!!!!

fire away

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    Predator wrote: »

hasn't made it out of the first inning in all three

You do know that it's deliberate ? It's part of the strategy.
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    Obi One wrote: »
    You do know that it's deliberate ? It's part of the strategy.

exactly.. so does that make me the only crazy !!!
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    Pred,

Obi's right. Since they lost Stroman they decided to use the bulllpen by committee when his(Stroman) turn was to pitch. Actually Romo did a pretty good job. 7ks in 3 innings.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    I really don't know what to tell you. I really haven't looked much into this new strategy. I could be wrong but I believe collectively the first inning has the most scored runs. He's doing things backwards and what is he doing to his bullpen besides using them up. isn't he losing one that maybe is needed in the later innings. Is he giving up a position player to carry an extra reliever. What if he gets hit who does he bring in the starter with men on base or another reliever. Like I said I really don't have any answer and I really haven't thought to much about it.

I'm still watching these hitters trying to beat a shift with 4/5 players on one side of the field and they refuse to bunt or just tap the ball where nobody's playing. You would think they would do it in the late innings down a couple of runs but not even then. What happen to my baseball. Sorry I can't help.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    the Rays got about as much money invested in baseball as we do, they got no chance and if I was them I would do anything, I might start a left fielder because no matter what they do, they are just a farm team for the big dogs. Keep developing talent and see if they can have a great season and finish 3rd in the East.