Betting Talk

PayPal to Bitcoin

cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
edited May 2018 in Sports Betting
Anyone know if there’s a way to get some bitcoin with PayPal? Looking for about $1500 worth of BC, willing to pay someone for helping out.

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    localbitcoins.com is the best way but is expensive, I think you can also use coinbase to fund with paypal
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Dan, looked into both options and it doesn’t look like Coinbase offers it. Found a couple on localbitcoin but they all take 7 days to release the bc. I need the bc for a game tomorrow night. If anyone is willing to help out I’ll send $600 for $500.
    edited May 2018
    no they have tons of instant release if you can verify you are the owner of the paypal account, you also can try paxful and aspkin both might have somebody but if you want instant release via paypal you are going to have to jump through some verification hoops for sure.

Sellers of bitcoin accepting an very easy to reverse method like paypal are going to be expensive and will require at minimum a selfie holding an ID and the ID must match the name on the LBC account and the paypal account. Big hassle but can be done.
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    I can help out Cpech if you still need it.
    edited May 2018
    ericvanden wrote: »
    I can help out Cpech if you still need it.

I sure do, can you request my email from the great folks of BT. Appreciate the help, will look for an email.
    edited May 2018
    just make sure it is the member and not a hacked account or something because paypal to bitcoin is very risky! I am not saying anything about either member, I am just saying paypal to bitcoin is SUPER high risk and it is a very normal practice to hack a forum account of a good respected senior member and run the I need bitcoin from paypal scam, be cautious!
    edited May 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    just make sure it is the member and not a hacked account or something because paypal to bitcoin is very risky! I am not saying anything about either member, I am just saying paypal to bitcoin is SUPER high risk and it is a very normal practice to hack a forum account of a good respected senior member and run the I need bitcoin from paypal scam, be cautious!

I think I’m in good hands, time will tell. Thanks for the kind words Danshan.
    edited May 2018
    oh the issue is not you, the issue is the guy accepting paypal, he faces all the risk not you, if you get the btc it is not reversible but paypal is 1 click reversible. I am not saying you are a bad guy but it is a common practice to exit scam from a forum this way and also if a senior member gets hacked. I am not involved or know ANYTHING. I am just saying the paypal receiver needs to be cautious
    edited May 2018
    I mean why would a guy give up 100 bucks to place a bet when he can use another method and just wait the few days to transfer the paypal to cash and buy bitcoin with cash or with credit card instant on coinbase, I am just suspicious sorry, no offense intended for anyone
    edited May 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    I mean why would a guy give up 100 bucks to place a bet when he can use another method and just wait the few days to transfer the paypal to cash and buy bitcoin with cash or with credit card instant on coinbase, I am just suspicious sorry, no offense intended for anyone

None taken. It’s the world we live in these days, I get it.
  • bkszebksze Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    you can send money via paypal gift and it's much harder to reverse

in any event, if you need BTC, i can help you out

you can ask a mod for my email
    edited May 2018
    paypal gift is the easiest method to reverse and is the hardest to dispute. Paypal gift they file unauthorized and you have no proof of any reason for this gift, BE CAUTIOUS!
    if I was going to do it the only way I would do it to BARELY protect myself at all is with a sale for goods and a US shipping address and I would overnight the private key to that amount of bitcoin via US mail with a tracking number and that is barely even a hair of protection but is the best method.

this is the exact reason people use what I call the Paperclip method to protect on digital sales via paypal.
    edited May 2018
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paperclip-With-Maxed-Clash-Royale-Account/222969065713?hash=item33e9fdf0f1:g:58UAAOSwEA9a78y8
    you can see that here on this random listing but you are essentially paying 1000 bucks for a paper clip that comes with a digital account and obviously the value is in the account not a paperclip
    edited May 2018
    bksze wrote: »
    you can send money via paypal gift and it's much harder to reverse

in any event, if you need BTC, i can help you out

you can ask a mod for my email

A gentlemen from here on the site has reached out to help. Having s little issue with coinbase right now on his end but the money has been sent. I I appreciate all the helps/concerns. I’ll let ya know if I find out I was a victim of a scam.
  • bkszebksze Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    cpech56 wrote: »
    A gentlemen from here on the site has reached out to help. Having s little issue with coinbase right now on his end but the money has been sent. I I appreciate all the helps/concerns. I’ll let ya know if I find out I was a victim of a scam.

Sounds good, lmk in the future. I'm canadian but travel to the states a lot so any way i can accumulate more USD without having to buy it at our shitty currency rates, I'm all for it.
    edited May 2018
    I received the BC a little bit ago and everything worked out fine. Thanks again for all the help
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    I can't imagine that PayPal will be making it easy for anyone to buy Bitcoin...given that Bitcoin will eventually make PayPal obsolete.

But hey...maybe they will realize it, accept it, and make whatever money they can in the space while they still offer something of value (fiat onboarding). We shall see.
    edited May 2018
    I think for 100% totally trustworthy merchants like walmart or target or something nothing could beat btc but any other 3rd world sites, I am scared to send them btc, heck no I will send paypal.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    going through all this for a game tomorrow night ?
    edited May 2018
    yeah i think it was really fishy but its not my money or bitcoin!
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    As the other person on the end of this transaction, I think it went great. Would I have done it for $5000, no way. It was $600 to help a fellow poster get down on a game. I made nothing on the exchange.
  • trofoostrofoos Junior Member
    edited March 2023

I know for sure that using the PayPal payment system you can make payments for the purchase of goods and pay with cryptocurrency, but I don’t know if it is possible to buy cryptocurrency using PayPal. Most likely not, because then all these exchangers would cease to exist. By the way, have you heard anything about Bitcoin halving https://halvingbitcoins.com/ When do we expect the next period? Thank you.