Betting Talk

RAS Free Play Discussion Thread

TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
edited June 2018 in Sports Betting
Please post any questions/comments in this thread, thanks.

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    will this be everything or a specific set of sports?
    edited May 2018
    they were random there too I wondered if they had narrowed it down to anything specific but thanks for the link to the original post for clarity
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    they were random there too I wondered if they had narrowed it down to anything specific but thanks for the link to the original post for clarity
    The size of our team has expanded in recent years, and with more manpower and resources we have become active in many more markets than just CBB & CFB that the service is best known for. We included NFL preseason (14-7, 66%) as part of the invite-only service last year, and from 2008-13 we went 56.7% on roughly 400 WNBA picks publicly. We are prepared to enter more markets publicly this year, likely at lower volume, including WNBA, NFL, NBA, MLB, as well as other smaller/seasonal markets. Our ultimate goal is to offer a year round multi market product. We are actively exploring the best way to do this.

Until further announcement, we will be posting picks at low volume from various markets here on BettingTalk, and on Twitter @raspicks, at no charge.

Reading is fundamental.
    edited May 2018
    you missed I wondered if they narrowed it down to anything specific, you missed that part sometimes trying to be mean for no reason except to impress your buddies is not worth the effort but thanks for trying to clarify the post for me!
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited May 2018
    Hasn't changed from what buckeyes bolded above.
    edited May 2018
    thats awesome I like how that line moved instantly after that awesome!
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2018
    thats awesome I like how that line moved instantly after that awesome!

This is not new. RAS lines have moved instantly upon release for years.
    edited May 2018
    yeah I understand that but just thought it was very cool!
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    Way cooler than moving a Big West cbb total
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    With moves like that, they are going to be money the other way.
    edited May 2018
    I think it will creep back up again, i thought it was low at 207 but we shall see, RAS knows better than me!
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    I bet it actually closes higher than 207...
    edited May 2018
    i know that a group I work with really appreciates RAS releasing under 207 :thumbup::surprised:
    edited May 2018
    this is gonna be fun, that is awesome that we can comment and its open forum on this and watch them move and guess, FUN!
    edited May 2018
    i know that a group I work with really appreciates RAS releasing under 207 :thumbup::surprised:

They must really appreciate you posting that info here.
    edited May 2018
    RightAngle wrote: »
    They must really appreciate you posting that info here.

they played over 205 prior to me posting
    edited May 2018
    how much money you guess got bet on that play once you added it RAS?
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    how much money you guess got bet on that play once you added it RAS?

That would be an impossible ? for him to answer Id think.
    edited May 2018
    yeah but its a good question though right? would be interested to know!
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    this is actually going to be really good for me , am excited to watch his numbers.
  • maidenguymaidenguy Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    If one can't get the line at release time, what are your thoughts, if it is still a play or better to layoff. I know you have said in the past , not to buy up to the number, but if the line has moved 1 or more points, when is it better to pass and not take a worse line.
    edited May 2018
    since you do not know what RAS's number is, I would say if you cant get the number dont bet it
    edited May 2018
    I could not get it, moved too fast and at BOL it was a 250 limit
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited May 2018
    first half total... probably wont be able to buy any points with these half totals in wnba.. at least i cant...and really not suggested if you can..always pass if u get a worse line
    got the number but also 250 limit with every out... need to have multiple outs to make the bet size worth the investment
    and you need to be quick on your site and know how to auto fill max wager etc.,
    not for everyone !!!
    edited May 2018
    yeah I tried 2 places and it either moved or the limit was 250. I think with a 250 limit this is gonna be hard to capitalize on.

I think its low limits cause of the small market and I agree sides might have higher limits
    edited May 2018
    maidenguy wrote: »
    If one can't get the line at release time, what are your thoughts, if it is still a play or better to layoff. I know you have said in the past , not to buy up to the number, but if the line has moved 1 or more points, when is it better to pass and not take a worse line.

Yeah don't buy points ever. I'd say stay within 1/2 pt on 1st/2nd halves, 1/2 pt on full game sides, and 1 pt on full game totals, at least early in season and you should be okay. Any worse than that is likely a pass.

When the paid service starts, with warnings and our new release system you shouldn't have a problem getting the exact number.
    edited May 2018
    RAS you got any ideas on WNBA limits at the big shops?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2018
    RAS you got any ideas on WNBA limits at the big shops?

He already answered you in the other thread when you asked.
    edited May 2018
    oh shoot ok I will go take a look thanks