Betting Talk

Poster Danshan

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    you must be an attorney only people ive heard use that lingo

In my lifetime, in this subculture, I've had a few represent me.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    so why are you on the forum?

Public info and bad habit.
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    if you seen me post lines before and you seen how accurate they are, why would you still have these questions. My skills are in analyzing value that is what I do for a living creating comparable market analysis, sports is no different. I am very good at what I do and I believe most of my work skills translate over well to estimating value in sports games. I dont do things like most people do and I dont think like most people think and I believe that gives me an edge in sports betting and life! I have a significant savings and well over 200k in BTC alone

If anyone has a clue about a particular sport, a person's projected lines vs the lines oddsmakers open should never be that far off. I seen you post line predictions. It should never be that off so i don't know what you are trying to prove here... it really doesn't.

I do not think what you do in the analyzing might translate that well into sports to be honest.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    feel free to take a look

No, I'm too busy.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    why do people think I am a troll? I ask legit questions and provide my thoughts, ideas and feedback. I am the first one to admit I am dumb about sports betting. I am so hated on here for I really dont even know why because I think and question responses and ask people to prove their answers. this is the internet you can take 99.9% of the answers you get on forums and throw them in the trash for various and most of the time obvious reasons.

People don't seem to think you are able to be clueless about betting and able to produce a model which I don't think is very logical, particularly when you have admitted that it is fairly simple.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    if you seen me post lines before and you seen how accurate they are, why would you still have these questions. My skills are in analyzing value that is what I do for a living creating comparable market analysis, sports is no different. I am very good at what I do and I believe most of my work skills translate over well to estimating value in sports games. I dont do things like most people do and I dont think like most people think and I believe that gives me an edge in sports betting and life! I have a significant savings and well over 200k in BTC alone

I suspected you had a financial background to be analytical enough to put together a model and have the willingness to pour this much effort into it solely for the challenge of it.
    edited April 2018
    Here are a few issues with the way he posts. He post in caps sometimes and when he explains himself, it really feels like a troll. Such that he would ask questions like does anyone know why and put multiple question marks etc. The thing is even though i dont know much and ask questions, the way he ask questions... i really don't think danshan has a clue. He talks about lines and has a model as so to speak. How do we know there is even a model? And the thing is, is someone really betting 2500 and 5000 dollars a game the way he is doing unless he has sort of a clue or if hes pretty well off? Again if you are betting 5k a game, you should have at least a 150k bankroll minimum.

And he says he made his money from his job and investing. Sure many ppl do. But how many ppl out there made enough money from their job and investing where he could be betting 2500 and 5k a game. That is my issue here with him.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    donny2 wrote: »
    Here are a few issues with the way he posts. He post in caps sometimes and when he explains himself, it really feels like a troll. Such that he would ask questions like does anyone know why and put multiple question marks etc. The thing is even though i dont know much and ask questions, the way he ask questions... i really don't think danshan has a clue. He talks about lines and has a model as so to speak. How do we know there is even a model? And the thing is, is someone really betting 2500 and 5000 dollars a game the way he is doing unless he has sort of a clue or if hes pretty well off? Again if you are betting 5k a game, you should have at least a 150k bankroll minimum.

And he says he made his money from his job and investing. Sure many ppl do. But how many ppl out there made enough money from their job and investing where he could be betting 2500 and 5k a game. That is my issue here with him.

He clearly has advanced skills. I suspect danshan is not in the US and his lack of sports knowledge is his biggest problem in this endeavor.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    If anyone has a clue about a particular sport, a person's projected lines vs the lines oddsmakers open should never be that far off. I seen you post line predictions. It should never be that off so i don't know what you are trying to prove here... it really doesn't.

I do not think what you do in the analyzing might translate that well into sports to be honest.

I really think you dont have a good understanding if you think my numbers are too far off, my numbers are very close and I ahve not found anyone in all my trolling with better numbers yet! You know why most people dont post their lines because they are not that close and would look bad. This comment about my numbers being far off is way off base and shows you really dont have a good grasp on modeling. I am an average of less than 2.5% win percentage off of closing lines in my estimates.
    edited April 2018

why do you have an issue with me? I dont even remember talking to you in the past. I made my money in the high end pawn business doing exotics, we took paper on vintage vehicles, custom creations, showboats, fair equipment (ferris wheels), you find me a guy who can comp out a 1922 Ferris Wheel that is created by JE Wallace or a roller coaster. Crazy exotic stuff, for those things I had to get good numbers where nothing existed.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    why do you have an issue with me? I dont even remember talking to you in the past. I made my money in the high end pawn business doing exotics, we took paper on vintage vehicles, custom creations, showboats, fair equipment (ferris wheels), you find me a guy who can comp out a 1922 Ferris Wheel that is created by JE Wallace or a roller coaster. Crazy exotic stuff, for those things I had to get good numbers where nothing existed.

OK. I thought you must not have been in the Wall Street world due to your lack of understanding of market efficiency and small sample size.
    edited April 2018
    R40 wrote: »
    He clearly has advanced skills. I suspect danshan is not in the US and his lack of sports knowledge is his biggest problem in this endeavor.

I am in Paradise Valley AZ, born and raised in Denver, I thank you for the comment but if you could really elaborate on my lack of sports knowledge so I can start working on the areas you think I need to improve that would be truly appreciated, thanks for the support in this thread as well.

you are fair some good and some bad comments, I wish these "Old buddies" guys could be that too! I think Jets will tell you my Basketball model is very good, I at least hope he could say that we chatted a ton about my basketball model
    edited April 2018
    OK. I thought you must not have been in the Wall Street world due to your lack of understanding of market efficiency and small sample size.

I do understand the common practice of sample size but you got to understand that you cannot have sample size large enough to every really get accurate good numbers, because it would take an eternity and the market changes as fast as you figure it out. I mean for a reasonable sample size you need minimum 1000 and really under 5000 is not good, how long does it take to get to 5000 plays with a model that will probably die before you ever know if its good.
    Market effeciency I hope you are talking about how close the line is to actual probability, I feel like I understand that but I am sure there is always more to learn in this area.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I am in Paradise Valley AZ, born and raised in Denver, I thank you for the comment but if you could really elaborate on my lack of sports knowledge so I can start working on the areas you think I need to improve that would be truly appreciated, thanks for the support in this thread as well.

you are fair some good and some bad comments, I wish these "Old buddies" guys could be that too! I think Jets will tell you my Basketball model is very good, I at least hope he could say that we chatted a ton about my basketball model

You had some odd phrasing such as beating margin that were a bit off. I'd say your efforts thus far are fairly impressive and I know of a couple of professional gamblers that started with far less but that was 10 years ago.

When it comes to NBA, you do have the slightest concept of what goes into the models that produce line moves. They have values on each player and drill down to shots from parts of the basketball floor. You have to at least have some intuitive knowledge related to the sport to begin to be able to even develop the concept of putting those kind of inputs into a model.

So your efforts would probably be better suited toward a less covered sport such as Czech basketball.
    edited April 2018
    I really think you dont have a good understanding if you think my numbers are too far off, my numbers are very close and I ahve not found anyone in all my trolling with better numbers yet! You know why most people dont post their lines because they are not that close and would look bad. This comment about my numbers being far off is way off base and shows you really dont have a good grasp on modeling. I am an average of less than 2.5% win percentage off of closing lines in my estimates.

I never said your numbers were way off. I said your numbers are pretty close to the opening lines from the few posts i checked. I said if you had people here post the lines and predict the lines before they come out, their lines should never be that far off. For example if an mlb game comes out as -150 for the favorite. Someone who predicts the line before it comes out should never have the line like 25 cents off etc.

And if you talk about the nba, if a team is -8 opening line, anyone that has a clue about the nba would not be off by say 3 points or something like that. The reason why people dont post their lines is because they probably know what they are doing and don't want to give things out as freebies etc.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I do understand the common practice of sample size but you got to understand that you cannot have sample size large enough to every really get accurate good numbers, because it would take an eternity and the market changes as fast as you figure it out. I mean for a reasonable sample size you need minimum 1000 and really under 5000 is not good, how long does it take to get to 5000 plays with a model that will probably die before you ever know if its good.
    Market effeciency I hope you are talking about how close the line is to actual probability, I feel like I understand that but I am sure there is always more to learn in this area.

Well, maybe some of that was just playing dumb in regard to your success at Pinnacle.
    edited April 2018
    dude my NBA lines are deadly accurate, I positive CLVd this season and made good money, I think my NBA model is very very good now baseball we are talking about a whole different beast and I am just now getting close to some good stuff, the hope is there but NBA I am in good good shape, I am very confident and really believe that!
    edited April 2018
    Also i like to make another comment. You mention how a lot of the posters here are rude etc. I mean i use to ask lot of questions and still do. But from what i see based on your comments to other posters, the only rude person here is you. If you look at the comments you made to the old posters in the thread, its pretty disrespectful. You keep asking for information and when others ignore it or say something else you say something very negative to them. You should just ignore them and not comment. Also when i read your threads and then you ask questions like does anyone know why this line is so and so when your line is this... its like you are waiting for someone to give you a reason why the line is like that for a specific game etc.
    edited April 2018
    I never said your numbers were way off. I said your numbers are pretty close to the opening lines from the few posts i checked. I said if you had people here post the lines and predict the lines before they come out, their lines should never be that far off. For example if an mlb game comes out as -150 for the favorite. Someone who predicts the line before it comes out should never have the line like 25 cents off etc.

And if you talk about the nba, if a team is -8 opening line, anyone that has a clue about the nba would not be off by say 3 points or something like that. The reason why people dont post their lines is because they probably know what they are doing and don't want to give things out as freebies etc.

I am less than 1.5 points on sides off in the nba and less than 2.5 points off on totals average. that is killer dude, it is flat killer, I have seen maybe ten other peoples numbers and I have not seen any better in the NBA yet! I am cocky confident whatever in the NBA no doubt because my numbers are good very good and my results prove it in the NBA NOT MLB god NO
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    dude my NBA lines are deadly accurate, I positive CLVd this season and made good money, I think my NBA model is very very good now baseball we are talking about a whole different beast and I am just now getting close to some good stuff, the hope is there but NBA I am in good good shape, I am very confident and really believe that!

It may be. But you are as advanced as anyone else doing models. It all comes down to who has the better inputs. You will not be getting any further help here in that regard. You've just got to take what you have now and make it better on your own.
    edited April 2018
    Also i like to make another comment. You mention how a lot of the posters here are rude etc. I mean i use to ask lot of questions and still do. But from what i see based on your comments to other posters, the only rude person here is you. If you look at the comments you made to the old posters in the thread, its pretty disrespectful. You keep asking for information and when others ignore it or say something else you say something very negative to them. You should just ignore them and not comment. Also when i read your threads and then you ask questions like does anyone know why this line is so and so when your line is this... its like you are waiting for someone to give you a reason why the line is like that for a specific game etc.

fair comment but if you see the level of abuse I have dealt with here it might have made me overreact. I am truly not a rude person by nature and I thank you for pointing it out and I will try and be less rude and more understanding for sure. Thanks for the heads up on that.
    it is a common practice here to say hey guys why are the Orioles -150, I got -120 or whatever and it is a fair practice for people to give their opinions why, I dont think my comments or questions in that situation is out of line
    edited April 2018
    It may be. But you are as advanced as anyone else doing models. It all comes down to who has the better inputs. You will not be getting any further help here in that regard. You've just got to take what you have now and make it better on your own.

you just dont understand I am a relentless guy and I love this stuff, I mean love it, have a true passion for it, I eat sleep think dream sports betting that is why I am here that is why I comment on everything and that is why I am so focused on it. I want to be good, period!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    you just dont understand I am a relentless guy and I love this stuff, I mean love it, have a true passion for it, I eat sleep think dream sports betting that is why I am here that is why I comment on everything and that is why I am so focused on it. I want to be good, period!

Yes, I can tell, you are very enthusiastic and inspired by your success. However, the posters that can help you just are not going to make that information public. Probably the only way you can advance further is to partner with someone doing it for a living and work with them or for them.
    edited April 2018
    How long have you been sportsbetting for? Did you just start this recently?

Also you seem to be upset when others don't give out certain information. Well maybe those certain information hurts their bottom line which is why some posters don't reply to some of your questions. Also why do you keep sort of like bragging your model is so good. For all we know, there is no model and you are putting numbers out of thin air.

However, how could you ask completely basic questions where even i could even answer them. So you could model lines but you can't answer basic questions? Thats like saying you know how to do advanced math but have questions about the most basic math question.
    edited April 2018
    I hope in a season or 2 , everyone will see me in a different light, I do appreciate and truly do want to say thanks to the people for putting up with me, calling me out on BS and all the other things intentional or unintentional that helped me grow. Thanks to all for taking your valuable time and sharing with me anything
    edited April 2018
    How long have you been sportsbetting for? Did you just start this recently?

Also you seem to be upset when others don't give out certain information. Well maybe those certain information hurts their bottom line which is why some posters don't reply to some of your questions. Also why do you keep sort of like bragging your model is so good. For all we know, there is no model and you are putting numbers out of thin air.

However, how could you ask completely basic questions where even i could even answer them. So you could model lines but you can't answer basic questions? Thats like saying you know how to do advanced math but have questions about the most basic math question.

I have been sportsbetting my whole life but I only have been working on models and staking methods type stuff for 10 months since the guy who hates me the most here and I want to thank him the most told me one statement, it was something like you are a waste of time and an idiot and until you can create a fair line you should not speak and that is drum roll please Old Timer, thanks for all of your help and dealing with me again OT. I also want to thank Jets for his support his interest in talking lines with me comparing my lines and giving me much needed advice on many things here! and I also want to thank the academy for giving me this award , LOL!!!!! just kidding on the last one but I was just ranting out the thank yous like i did something LOL
    edited April 2018
    Hey Donny ask me some basic questions and lets see if I know the answer cause I am not sure of what you are kinda talking about.

I do CLV different than some people I think, I calculate CLV based on the margin and also the stake size since I used fixed profit betting basing clv any other way to me is flawed. I am still a little flawed on the CLV for losers because we only pay when we win, so tiny bit confused here.
    I use fixed profit betting it took a hammer and 3 knockdowns for me to understand that was best, but I finally understood it.
    I did not swim out to the ocean, I jumped in a helicopter and went in the middle, I am learning new things everyday, terminology and more! So I am sure I can look naive to some and they could look at some of my dumb questions and be like what you say you can fly but you dont even know what a flap is. I could see how people could read that here and think I cant fly and in most part I cant fly yet but modeling I can do in the NBA for sure and the MLB we are gonna say I am strong maybe right now
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I have been sportsbetting my whole life but I only have been working on models and staking methods type stuff for 10 months since the guy who hates me the most here and I want to thank him the most told me one statement, it was something like you are a waste of time and an idiot and until you can create a fair line you should not speak and that is drum roll please Old Timer, thanks for all of your help and dealing with me again OT. I also want to thank Jets for his support his interest in talking lines with me comparing my lines and giving me much needed advice on many things here! and I also want to thank the academy for giving me this award , LOL!!!!! just kidding on the last one but I was just ranting out the thank yous like i did something LOL

I'm not sure why you are comparing lines with people. You are clearly as good as anyone posting games here and there is not much for them to provide you. As I have told you previously, the only thing anyone can do here for you is give you an idea of how good your model is based on your CLV.

You have reached the point where you are either creative enough to take it to a higher level or aren't. That is what it is really all about. For someone like yourself, the dollars are just for counting.
    edited April 2018
    I hope my CLV soon will speak for itself but I think my model needs at least 2 or 3 more starts for me to start getting some accrurate stuff.
    edited May 2018
    If anyone takes a look at this guy posts, he is horrible for this forum. This guy has the nerves to call other posters out and talk negative to them. Yet when someone says something negative to him, he makes a big deal out of it. Also this guy's system plays as you call it, it might just be him putting a bunch of stats that probably is not even correct and he is doing it incorrectly. I mean he ask questions where most ppl here would wonder... how could someone with a so called system ask questions like this. If he is as advanced as he is, why would he ask really bad questions? The issue is his attitude is very bad to others in the forum. Has the nerve to ask others how they come out with lines yet if someone ask him how he came to that number, he would say i won't tell you. Thus he expect some top posters here to give him information while he doesn't give his... which is probably just junk anyway.

Look at his posts. He talks about WNBA and then would ask where can you guys bet WNBA. I mean... you seriously can't take a look at all the books out there and then see if they have WNBA showing there? He seems to know only betonline has it because it has openers. But you really can't check the other books and then check to see if they have WNBA in their betting menu?

Also the fact that he talks about how he doesn't think a 5k service is worth it for him... many of his average plays are around 5k each. Seriously if someone bet 5k a game on average, how is 5k for a top service even anything? Thats 1 unit. Also his so called system etc, i bet if he actually revealed what it was which he probably won't but let say he did, anyone that has a clue about numbers would say this guy is just throwing numbers there and either using it incorrectly or just making numbers out. Does anyone really here think he bet 5k a game on average yet post the way he does and ask questions about things where most ppl would wonder how could he even bet 5k a game unless he was some whale? Now if this guy was a newbie or an average bettor and ask these questions, no issues with that. The fact that he keeps talking about his system and sdql etc, he's probably doing it wrong and just putting wrong information in and then saying... okay these are my numbers. But anyone that knows this seriously would say this guy is just putting numbers up and just taking a guess.