Betting Talk

Oooooof Brandon Marshall just took a huge L

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited April 2018 in Sports Betting
Word leaks yesterday that Dez Bryant is interested in signing with the Giants.

Brandon Marshall, a Giants WR, sends Dez a message on Instagram reading “Sorry baby bro no room. @dezbryant";.

Marshall quickly deletes it.

Less than 24 hours later and the Giants just released Marshall to clear cap room to sign Dez.

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    He actually could get something done there if OBJ is the same guy after the injury. He might have a huge come back year playing against some Y or Nickel DBs
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    IMO, he's both physically and emotionally damaged goods. This ain't close to the WR 2 or 3 years outta OSU.
    edited April 2018
    huge difference playing against X or Y's. A guy who plays against X's ok can truly shine against Y's
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    IMO, he's both physically and emotionally damaged goods. This ain't close to the WR 2 or 3 years outta OSU.

Not only that you still need an offense line for time to throw.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Not only that you still need an offense line for time to throw.

Running game helps too. Not sure the Giants have either.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I believe the Giants are going to be irrelevant for some time. Try to get a big haul for OBJ a QB you can groom and start stock piling picks and maybe 3 years or so your back being a contender or would you prefer to be the Washington Redskins. It’s NY and it will be tough but it needs to be done.
    edited April 2018
    I think Davis Webb is NOT garbage and I think you can build around him, I like a OL or RB pick with the 1st round pick and work; free agency can change a team quickly. Remember players can make less on the cap and still make more money in NY with sponsor money and publicity. I would not deal OBJ unless the deal was RGIII caliber of a deal.
    edited April 2018
    Calling it now, any QB-needy team that passes on Rosen or Mayfield will regret it down the line. I think both of those guys are going to be top 10 NFL starters for a long time. I'll take those 2 over Allen and Darnold all day.
    edited April 2018
    I like Allen jsut because of the physical tools, I mean you get him and groom him properly he could be something really special, he could be a Favre or Rogers, I think Rosen is the best bet but I think his ceiling is more like Elvis Grbac ( consistent, good but just not over the top superstar God)
    edited April 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    I like Allen jsut because of the physical tools, I mean you get him and groom him properly he could be something really special, he could be a Favre or Rogers, I think Rosen is the best bet but I think his ceiling is more like Elvis Grbac ( consistent, good but just not over the top superstar God)

I'm a huge Rosen fan so take this with a grain of salt, but if I had to compare the top QBs to current or past NFL players...

Rosen = Brady (more impressed with Rosen than any QB in recent memory, guy has it all minus perhaps his head in the game)
    Allen = Flacco
    Mayfield = Russ Wilson
    Darnold = eh maybe Philip Rivers or Tannehill
    Lamar = somewhere between Tebow and RG3? Who knows.
    edited April 2018
    Jackson is garbage isnt the running qb dispute ever going to end
    Allen could be a Flacco guy big clumsy can get a ring every now and then but no real steady consistent stuff
    Mayfield and Russ wilson that is not even close, WIlson is so much more than that
    Darnold dreams of being Rivers caliber and Tannehill well I think Sipe when I think Tannehill

The only thing you should compare BRady to is ahhh, ....., NOTHING!
    edited April 2018
    The Rosen/Brady comparison won't be well received but I'm not sure who else I can compare him to. Elite arm, excellent footwork, and a knack for always finding the open WR. Not a lot of NFL QBs have those characteristics (while still being slower than Peyton Manning in the 40).
    edited April 2018
    I think anyone passing on Barkley is making a mistake he can make even the worst starter look ok, I mean look at what Fournette did for Bortles.

If the Broncos took Barkley at 5 they would be super tough, they would look very hard to beat except for Joseph he seems easy to beat!