Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    906 pit +106

listed luck
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    for you bad, I never win, I have a variance tattoo on my neck and forehead!

- - - Updated - - -

I also think that game will go all the way back the other way and Houston will be the fave by close

- - - Updated - - -

I cant believe they got Roark at 160 I got him at 142 and the line might say that but he dont deserve that, I hope they get smoked!

No Votto that helps the number.
    edited August 2018
    i have the nats lined at -115 and other model doesnt like them either fwiw , but like i said, and i dont take the game because of value , they are still favorites and last time i checked home fav are winning 58% of the time....PASS
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    so 140 is a close but Votto pushed a hair and it will probably settle back down at 150ish my guess

heck no it looks like it is skyrocketing up! I guess he is a -200 type starter LMAO

- - - Updated - - -

Reds first 5 is the best bet you can get today! LOL FU^& the Nats and Roark makes that a real opportunity!
    edited August 2018
    Votto is having an off year I'll give you that but the man is one of the Top 5 ball players in the National League. It's a shame he's 34 and your not going to see him on any team but the Reds because I would love to see him on a contender. The man is truly a freak.
    edited August 2018
    928 bos -111

listed luck

- - - Updated - - -

and I think the last time i checked which was a long while ago ...to sweep a 4 game series was 16%
    so that boston game ,which am not taking because am not betting against my yankees ,doesnt look so good going by that number ALONE.
    edited August 2018
    Blue Jays, Phillies, Rangers and Red Sox
    edited August 2018
    jets96 wrote: »
    928 bos -111

listed luck

- - - Updated - - -

and I think the last time i checked which was a long while ago ...to sweep a 4 game series was 16%
    so that boston game ,which am not taking because am not betting against my yankees ,doesnt look so good going by that number ALONE.

Small Sample using just this year and it's unusual But when the home wins the first 3 in a four game series the Home team is 11-3 and when the Away team wins the first three games of a four game series it's 10-4. As I said it's kind of unusual this year.
    edited August 2018
    really i didnt know that ....that 16% someone way way smarter then me sent me and i think thats over a long time...

dan can you check that out ???

- - - Updated - - -

OT ....am not a big sample size person , i feel better about what you said for this year then long term
    edited August 2018
    season 2018
    H is 12-3
    A is 10-5
    since 2003
    A 138-113
    H 207-136

but for good or bad it seems the actual win% is a hair better than the line so I would guess people who look at these type things must think it is hard to win 4 straight in a series and bet against it and that causes the line to be slightly light or all this is just coincidental noise and game 4 is the same as game 1 2 3 1000
    edited August 2018
    really i didnt know that ....that 16% someone way way smarter then me sent me and i think thats over a long time...

dan can you check that out ???

- - - Updated - - -

OT ....am not a big sample size person , i feel better about what you said for this year then long term

That was a big time trend back in the early 80's by a guy I knew Mike Lee maybe you heard of him. He passed some time ago A tout but a very nice guy and knew him personally. if the team won the first 3 of a 4 game series you bet the loser of the three games. But the caveat was if the Road team won the first 3 games then you bet the Home team. Had nothing to do with the Home team at that time.
    edited August 2018
    yup i know of him ,had bought betting the bases a while back ...and matter of fact dan went back for me and ran the numbers on some of those trends to find out if they were still valid.
    Kudos to him for that.
    edited August 2018
    The last time I looked at them was about 5 years ago just to see without tracking but they appeared to die. Still have the green book as a keepsake.
    edited August 2018
    ill ask dan to maybe run the numbers for some of those trends and post them ,it would be very interesting.

Ot , I just cant believe that game last night , just cant believe what i just saw....they are spent ,now they have to go to chi after that, tonight is big test but i just cant see them playing well in this spot, lynn will have to pitch his ass off
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    and they are -200 !!!!!!..now currently dropping down a little.... but i actually have them closer to -247 !!! so the edge would be on nyy but they are 5-8 last 13 with only winners against tbay(.500),kcity(.306) and balt(.300)...and shitting the bed like that last night will make it a tough trip to chi town....chiw are 4-3(+2.3 units ) at home against the nyy the last 3 seasons.... would love to take a shot with chiw but look at this stat on covey and lynn

COVEY is 0-1 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 14.40 and a WHIP of 2.400 !!
    LYNN is 2-1 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 2.67 and a WHIP of 1.121.

just my input no decision yet !!!!
    edited August 2018
    ill ask dan to maybe run the numbers for some of those trends and post them ,it would be very interesting.

Ot , I just cant believe that game last night , just cant believe what i just saw....they are spent ,now they have to go to chi after that, tonight is big test but i just cant see them playing well in this spot, lynn will have to pitch his ass off

I certainly wouldn't play them tonight and it's always tough playing the White Sox. Had the White Sox yesterday which was nice really don't want to push it. Boone doesn't have a clue about using a pitching staff. Again I don't understand taking Tanaka out. I'll say this once more IMO when your using 4 relievers your asking four guys to be on and if one guy slips you have problems and get rid of this Holder guy.

Tanaka has been through the wars his line was 4.2 1 Run 9k'S 97 Pitches. Why in such a rush. Stop listen to the talking heads (ARod) it's not the 7th of the World Series it's the first week of August important yes but there's 2 months left he seems to panic. He needs to stop pulling starters so early in the game. He lost complete confidence in Gray they're going to need him even if it's out of the bullpen IF they make the playoffs. He needs to try and get him right. Just my Take.
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    He lost complete confidence in Gray they're going to need him even if it's out of the bullpen IF they make the playoffs. He needs to try and get him right. Just my Take.

boone wont commit to him..might have lost his spot in the rotation,we shall see...numbers were terrible in balt !(7runs 8hits 2walks in 2 innings) and numbers since coming from oakland in last years trade deadline aren't very pretty either(12-15 4.85era) this year his era is 7.71 at home !! and new york is not the kind of place that you want to walk of the mound with a smile /smirk and your laid back california burner attitude because they will definitely question your agenda.... just ask 3rd base coach nevin who supposedly ripped them a new one, from what i heard..now the 4 four straight loses in their own division, no judge and turmoil in the dugout that IF is definitely looking stronger
    edited August 2018
    Gray could be a very valuable back of the rotation piece you can't just give up on him. His road numbers aren't bad and then again some players just can't perform on the big stage but find out now. He can't get straight just sitting in a bullpen. Why couldn't he come in the 6th yesterday and maybe do well and save some bullpen. Boone has prove he's no JG handling the bullpen. Maybe the Yankees miss the playoffs and they fire Boone. I love this statement

Mike Francesa

Bulletin to Boone: this is now, currently, no longer a “great” season.

Edit: Let's face it they weren't catching Boston even before last night's game. They needed to win at least 3 of this weekends games to have a shot
    edited August 2018
    Had to share this I love this

"All the clowns wanted Girardi out. These guys would never look this bad in a 4 game series against anyone with Girardi there. Dont worry Im sure Cashman told Boone to go hug everyone after this 4 game sweep. U dont want the players feelings hurt"
    edited August 2018
    961 sea -124

listed luck
    edited August 2018
    i have the yanks lined at -188 fwiw
    edited August 2018
    913 bos +102

listed luck

- - - Updated - - -

905 cin +131

listed luck
    edited August 2018
    913 bos +102

listed luck

listed luck
    today is your lucky day, you are going to win because I bet the Blue Jays
    edited August 2018
    lol thanks but you should tell me before i put my money out there id bet more ...lol
    edited August 2018
    you are welcome LOL
    edited August 2018
    913 bos -150

listed luck
    edited August 2018
    want the bad news now or later?
    edited August 2018