Betting Talk

Eagles SuperBowl Future- Hedge

John1689John1689 Junior Member
edited January 2018 in Sports Betting
Hey guys,

I'm sitting on an eagles future at 50/1. I definitely want to hedge to lock in a profit.

What do you think is the optimal way to do this?

Comments

• katwkatw Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    N.E. ML bet. What I would do.
  • katwkatw Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    Make it a parlay for me N.E. ML & over
  • LancerLancer Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    katw is crazy lol, that's not a hedge against his future wager! U could lose BOTH!
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm assuming you are an Eagles fan. Say you have $100 to win $5000. I'd bet $2250 to win $1000 on the Pats. Take home $2750 if your team wins, $900 if they lose. Only way to hedge profit that I know of and still be rooting for your team.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    say your bet was for 100 dollars at 50 to 1, so if philly wins you get 5000
    NE is -215 so if you bet 3400 on NE ML you get 1600 if NE wins
    so 3500 bet PHILLY gets you 5100, NE gets you 5000 more or less
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    There is no trick here . Maybe find someone u absolutely trust that likes NE $ and save a few cents, otherwise start shopping.
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    There is no trick here . Maybe find someone u absolutely trust that likes NE $ and save a few cents, otherwise start shopping.

I recently had a futures ticket for Patriots vs. Eagles to play in SuperBowl. $250 at 66-1, which for me is a life-changer on some level. Plan was to white-knuckle the Pats v Jags and then to quickly buy some BTC and try to get Vikes at -150. I didnt want to buy $10K of BTC in advance because of fees in case Jags won. Brady did his thing and then the 'instant' BTC purchase in Coinbase went through but refused to let me send it to my wallet or anywhere else, it said the transaction was on hold for many days! So an absolute disaster as Vikes marched down the field with no resistance to take a 7-0 lead. I took a bath turning the BTC back into USD but of course ultimately the ticket paid and now using proceeds for a life-changing regimen of Invisalign.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    Wait and do it live..Eagles go up a TD youre going to get even money
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    There used to be a very simple paragraph explanation and subsequent thread on hedging from many years ago in the forum, maybe one of the mods can dig it up for you.

To try to summarize that thread in the simplest terms, don't hedge unless it's either a life changing amount of money or you actually think the other side is + EV at this point.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.