Betting Talk

Do I start Jordy Nelson?

rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
edited December 2017 in Sports Betting
With Aaron Rodgers coming back, do I trust in Jordy this week in a tough matchup? He has been god awful since Rodgers left...

Tyreek Hill is my WR1

My other options:

Marqise Lee vs Hou

Marquise Goodwin vs Ten

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    rmbullis wrote: »
    With Aaron Rodgers coming back, do I trust in Jordy this week in a tough matchup? He has been god awful since Rodgers left...

Tyreek Hill is my WR1

My other options:

Marqise Lee vs Hou

Marquise Goodwin vs Ten

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated...

Marqise Lee
    - Bortles has been a QB1 for 3 straight weeks (17.8 points or more)
    - Has had 5 or more receptions in 6 of his last 8 games
    - Houston has allowed 276.6 passing yards per game (30th) and 18 passing touchdowns (31st) in their L9 games
    - Minor negative: Jaguars figure to play with the lead, so game script doesn't seem to favor him. He'll have to do most damage in the first 3 quarters.

Marquise Goodwin
    - 28.2% target share in 2 games with Garoppolo
    - as a result he was WR13 and WR19 in those weeks.
    - however, Titans have the highest sack rate in the league over the last 3 weeks, could be a long game for Garoppolo

I'd actually sit Tyreek Hill in this one, knowing he has a bad matchup vs a very good Chargers D and knowing that Nelson will most probably see ample targets from Rodgers.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes, I would start Jordy over both Marquise.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Looks like a close call to me. You've got Nelson (who is obviously Rodgers' number 1 target when he's healthy) playing on the road at a team in Carolina ranked 17th in passing Tds given up (20), Lee at home vs Hou ranked 27th in TDs given up (24), or Goodwin in an offense that is susceptible to droughts playing at home against Ten who is ranked 21st in passing TDs given up with 22. It depends what scoring format your league uses but it seems to me Nelson probably has the biggest upside but might also be most likely to get shut down. If you need a lot of points this week from the position, I'd probably play Nelson, on the other hand, if you feel like you can win your match with a more steady, reliable output I'd probable play Lee. Obviously, just my 2 cents worth.
  • JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    I'd go Jordy
  • Gordon GekkoGordon Gekko Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    I have these five for three starters, Standard league, thoughts?

Michael Thomas
    AJ Green
    Josh Gordon
    Stefon Diggs
    Marqise Lee

Any help would be appreciated.
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks guys for all of the advice!! You guys are great!!

I should have mentioned that the league is standard scoring. At this point I feel like it is between Lee & Jordy. The consistency and matchup are definitely there for Lee, while Jordy and Rodgers are pretty much unknowns at this point against a stout D. I have gone this long without Jordy, so why risk it now? I rolled with Goodwin last week, but Lee seems to be a gimme this week between those 2. I agree that Garoppolo could have a long day. We’ll see if anyone can change my mind between now and Sunday...Thanks again guys!! Now let’s go win some $$$$$$$$!!!
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    I have these five for three starters, Standard league, thoughts?

Michael Thomas
    AJ Green
    Josh Gordon
    Stefon Diggs
    Marqise Lee

Any help would be appreciated.

For me Thomas & Green are no brainers. Then I would go Gordon. No Jimmy Smith for the ravens, he is just going to get better on his comeback, and has the ability to be overall #1 on any given Sunday.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Jordy all day, as long as Rodgers is playing.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    For me Thomas & Green are no brainers. Then I would go Gordon. No Jimmy Smith for the ravens, he is just going to get better on his comeback, and has the ability to be overall #1 on any given Sunday.

Same.

Gordon is going to get big targets no matter the team he's up against. I regret dropping him for Corey Coleman 2 weeks ago when I heard a report Gordon would be worked in slowly. Arghhh.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks guys for all of the advice!! You guys are great!!

I should have mentioned that the league is standard scoring. At this point I feel like it is between Lee & Jordy. The consistency and matchup are definitely there for Lee, while Jordy and Rodgers are pretty much unknowns at this point against a stout D.

The matchup might be a bit better than you'd think. Carolina's D was great for the first 8 weeks of the season, last 5 weeks have been a different tune:

- Carolina has allowed 14.6 receptions for 202.8 receiving yards and 1.4 touchdowns per game to opposing wide receivers over their past five games.
    - Over their previous eight games, those totals were at 10.9 receptions for 121.6 yards and 0.8 touchdowns per game.
  • BiggTBiggT Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Start Jordy and love the connection again