Betting Talk

ALABAMA SENATE RACE

Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
edited December 2017 in Sports Betting
Does anyone know what shop is offering wagers on the Ala. Senate Race?
Thanks

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    A local gave me Moore chalk -160/+120
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    5dimes had Moore -620 - field +410. Pathetic. Ya gotta love the evangelical south. "Bringing back American values."
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    bumpo wrote: »
    5dimes had Moore -620 - field +410.

I'd like a piece of that +410. Especially since Obama endorsed Jones.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Ronbets wrote: »
    I'd like a piece of that +410. Especially since Obama endorsed Jones.

Hard to believe Obama carries any weight in a state like Alabama, I'd be shocked if Moore didn't win
    edited December 2017
    Currently:
    US Senate - Alabama Special Election Winner
    Tue 12/12 951 Roy Moore wins Alabama special election -350
    9:00AM 952 Field wins Alabama special election +250
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2017
    I finally got involved today, playing against Moore. Too much uncertainty for these prices IMO.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Agree decent value on Jones..if the Dems lose another special election I can't wait to hear the excuses again.
    edited December 2017
    I played the field fairly early with the expectation to zig zag. Figured to be a lot of volatility. When the time came, I couldn't pull the trigger on Moore. It's just not in me.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    kcburgh wrote: »
    Agree decent value on Jones..if the Dems lose another special election I can't wait to hear the excuses again.

The excuses are it's fucking Alabama, the last Dem to win a senate seat from that state was in the early nineties, and the Dem who won later changed parties. I'll say it again it's fucking Alabama, Jones is pro gay marriage and pro abortion, go find me someone in that state who agrees with him on those issues. Moore has sexually assaulted women, a couple of them were minors, he's also made numerous racist comments, the guy is a scumbag, but he'll win anyway because it's fucking Alabama
  • nicalanownicalanow Junior Member
    edited December 2017
    Haha Kane nailed it
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    kane wrote: »
    The excuses are it's fucking Alabama, the last Dem to win a senate seat from that state was in the early nineties, and the Dem who won later changed parties. I'll say it again it's fucking Alabama, Jones is pro gay marriage and pro abortion, go find me someone in that state who agrees with him on those issues. Moore has sexually assaulted women, a couple of them were minors, he's also made numerous racist comments, the guy is a scumbag, but he'll win anyway because it's fucking Alabama

Same could be said for GA(Price's seat in congress) and Kansas 4(Pompeo's seat)...seems better served for the Dem's to save cash until 2018...
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Jones took it. Wow. Didn't think Alabama had it in them. Roll Tide!
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Jake T. wrote: »
    Jones took it. Wow. Didn't think Alabama had it in them. Roll Tide!

Nothing would have surprised me tonight (hence why I thought the prices were out of whack).
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    A child molester lost by about 1%. Good job Alabama. Their class is never ending.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Wow! Didn't see that coming last night, I'll be the first to admit I was as wrong as could be, I didn't think the people of Alabama would do the right thing, kudos to them for keeping the pedophile out of the senate, very surprised by last night's results no doubt. Congrats to Tommy, Bumpo and anyone else who had the dog
  • nicalanownicalanow Junior Member
    edited December 2017
    Kashmir wrote: »
    A child molester lost by about 1%. Good job Alabama. Their class is never ending.

Better than the alternative. I'm still surprised Jones one.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    So Jones won because the Senate seat was based on popular vote, but found it interesting that if this were for a House seat that Moore would have won 6 of the 7 districts because of all the gerrymandering in the state. Landslide victory despite not winning the popular vote.