Betting Talk

Recommendations for reliable nba score info?

rookrook Senior Member
edited December 2017 in Sports Betting
Most of my betting is at halftime of nba games, and as it turns out I seem to be absorbing a bit of a hit from using the ESPN-posted scores, which often turn out to be incorrect. I am speculating that there are three-point shots and last-second shots that need to be reconciled during a break, and ESPN is slow to reflect the new scores after they are updated. And occasionally ESPN just shows the wrong score.

Added to that, on my iPad, there seems to be some kind of web page coding issue where, when no scoring takes place for a while, the team’s score which was most recently updated will temporarily flash back to the previous score from before when the last basket was made.

Nba.com is not viable because when looking at the entire card, it shows the scores but not the box scores. Flashscore and scoreboard.com seem reasonably reliable but they only show the minutes left in a given quarter (not the seconds), and they tell you nothing about what is going on in the game (time-out, etc.). SBR odds isn’t bad but it can get pretty slow.

Are there any other websites for nba scores that are more reliable and timely?

Comments

• stepbystepstepbystep Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    I use cbssports.com which works fine for me... with seconds...
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    stepbystep wrote: »
    I use cbssports.com which works fine for me... with seconds...

Looks good, thanks! I’ll give it a go...
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Yahoo is good too.
  • sa215sa215 Member
    edited December 2017
    yahoo sports app
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    sa215 wrote: »
    yahoo sports app

Thanks kdog and sa215. I downloaded the app but it looks like the main score page, where all the games are listed, doesn’t show the quarter-by-quarter scores, which I need to see. So far the cbssports web page has been pretty good for what I need. I’ll just have to keep using it for a while to make sure it’s good on accuracy...
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    rook wrote: »
    Thanks kdog and sa215. I downloaded the app but it looks like the main score page, where all the games are listed, doesn’t show the quarter-by-quarter scores, which I need to see. So far the cbssports web page has been pretty good for what I need. I’ll just have to keep using it for a while to make sure it’s good on accuracy...

All that stuff you are looking for is there, just click on the game and it opens up.
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    kdog wrote: »
    All that stuff you are looking for is there, just click on the game and it opens up.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply yahoo doesn’t show the quarter-by-quarter scores. What i’m saying is I prefer to see that format on the cover page rather than clicking in to see those details....
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Been using Yahoo for years