Betting Talk

2017 NFL Plays

BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
edited December 2017 in Sports Betting
Atlanta/New England over 56.5
Both teams are capable of putting up 40 by themselves. Julio Jones has been nearly absent this entire season...think that ends tonight. Gronk returns for NE and both teams have a deadly combination of pass catchers, and YAC machines with Freeman/Coleman and Lewis/White for those tough 3rd downs. Not to mention Gilislee given them that missing power game and goal line back every team needs. When you look at Brady and Ryan what more needs to be said...prime time and prime performance. Neither defense has been too solid this year with the Pats being #32 in total defense on the season. There are a ton of 'over' trends that support this play as well.
Good luck
3 units

NFL (0-0)

Comments

• BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    Just wanted to add this I was a long time poster in here years ago. I had a very respectable NFL record and try to back up all of my plays with a some thought out analysis. Since then I have had two children and a new heavy time dependent job which caused me to back off from posting. I have a bit more free time as the kids are older. I have one in junior college in Mississippi playing football and hopes to garner a D1 scholarship this fall. He has been offered by ULL and some interest from the Florida Gators. We will see.
  • jaysonjayson Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    Give your bookie fits!!!! Welcome back
    edited October 2017
    Thanks jayson
  • whohasagood1whohasagood1 Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    Bookiefits wrote: »
    Atlanta/New England over 56.5
    Both teams are capable of putting up 40 by themselves. Julio Jones has been nearly absent this entire season...think that ends tonight. Gronk returns for NE and both teams have a deadly combination of pass catchers, and YAC machines with Freeman/Coleman and Lewis/White for those tough 3rd downs. Not to mention Gilislee given them that missing power game and goal line back every team needs. When you look at Brady and Ryan what more needs to be said...prime time and prime performance. Neither defense has been too solid this year with the Pats being #32 in total defense on the season. There are a ton of 'over' trends that support this play as well.
    Good luck
    3 units

NFL (0-0)
    Welcome back I remember you and poster named Totals and another poster called I think it was Big Dog not sure of the namethat posted with totals very frequently went
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Welcome back!

If you plan to keep a record, please make sure to follow the guidelines link at the top of the page.

Thanks and GL!
    edited October 2017
    Not the start I was looking for.....Atlanta looked like they couldn't get their feet out of the mud

NFL (0-1) -3.3 units
    edited October 2017
    Please see my comments in your CFB thread.
    edited October 2017
    Oakland Raiders +2 I think Oakland is still not getting the respect from oddsmakers much like last year. Buffalo has been hot, but the Raiders with Derek Carr in the lineup are two different teams. Did you see what he did to KC's vaunted defense last week? Over 400 yards passing. I also like the Raiders running backs without Lynch. It gives them two good pass catching RB's who also run between the tackles very well. Not as good as Lynch, but this Buffalo defense has gotten very leaky. They rank 29th against the pass and the weather doesn't seem to be too big of a factor today. Not that I think the Raiders have tremendous defensive statistics, but they also played without Carr for 5 games. The lack of offense hurt their defensive stats....not anymore. I also realize its a West Coast team early start, but Oakland has been very good in that role. They get the win here in Buffalo today.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    you mean very good on east coast last year ...before that not so good though they werent a good team anyway , buffalo is gonna be a tough out at home ,i was liking the bills but passed .

good luck on your play
    edited October 2017
    thanks jets Charles Clay is out today also - their leading receiver

They beat my Saints in an early game last year - they are not east coast
    edited November 2017
    New Orleans Saints -8.5 So I am a homer, I will say that. This is the best Saints team I have seen, even better than their Super Bowl year. They are not relying on Brees to bail them out or score 50 every game. They rank #2 and #3 in both key defensive statistics (total yards and scoring). They are putting up points at will, have a nasty running game right now, and have a front four led my Cam Jordan who as a unit have 25 sacks. Washington has a bunch of injuries, and Cousins is not that QB to take over a game against a top 5 defense. They don't run the ball well, and the injury to Jordan Reed has been a nightmare. I am playing this as a max play (1st Q, 1st H, ML and teasing with KC). I just don't see Washington being competitive and the Skins will turn the ball over a couple of times. GL

NFL (0-2)
    edited November 2017
    New Orleans Saints -8.5

Please make sure you're following the record keeping guidelines and using lines from either Pinnacle (adjusted for a 20c line) or BM at the time of post.

I see -10 +104 at BM and -9.5 +100 at Pinny when you posted. Please grade this at -9.5 or don't count it. Thanks.
    edited November 2017
    NFL (0-3) Disgusting effort in the 1st half by the Saints. Why the Fk does a team who is that much better than the other play such a shitty conservative game plan for 3 quarters. Amazing.
    edited November 2017
    Rams +2.5
    edited November 2017
    Rams +2.5

Sorry -2.5
    edited December 2017
    NFL (1-3)

Thursday Night - Saints +2.5