Betting Talk

2017–18 NHL Picks

2»

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    Like Philly and think they come out firing after that BS loss against the Predators on the 10th. Could be a high scoring game also.

Good Luck
  • PP865PP865 Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    Adding:

051 Nashville/Philadelphia OVER 5.5 -103
    062 Edmonton/Chicago UNDER 6 -105
    068 Dallas/Arizona 1ST PERIOD UNDER 1.5 +105
    edited October 2017
    One last add...

055 NY Islanders/NY Rangers OVER 5.5 -113
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    PP
    May I ask to your reasoning for the under in Chicago and Edmonton. I was leaning the other way and was just wondering what you knew as to why the under. Thx and much respect and luk
    edited October 2017
    19-21. -0.70u on 43.00u risked, -1.63% ROI.

062 Ottawa +107
    edited October 2017
    20-21. +0.37u on 44.00u risked, 0.84% ROI.

I'm posting tomorrow's games now since I won't have time to do so tomorrow:

006 Arizona/NY Islanders UNDER 6 -115
    008 Edmonton/Pittsburgh UNDER 6 +103
    022 Vegas +162
    022 Chicago/Vegas UNDER 6 -110
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2017
    PP865 wrote: »
    20-21. +0.37u on 44.00u risked, 0.84% ROI.

I'm posting tomorrow's games now since I won't have time to do so tomorrow:

006 Arizona/NY Islanders UNDER 6 -115
    008 Edmonton/Pittsburgh UNDER 6 +103
    022 Vegas +162
    022 Chicago/Vegas UNDER 6 -110

How can I take you seriously when you post NHL totals 25-30 hours before game time WITHOUT knowing the goal tenders?
    edited October 2017
    Ronbets wrote: »
    How can I take you seriously when you post NHL totals 25-30 hours before game time WITHOUT knowing the goal tenders?

Then don't take me seriously, Mr. Ronbets? Fuck if I care. Although, I've been noticing that you've been posting in nearly every single threads I've made on this website with stupid remarks or other negative comments. Maybe it makes you sleep better at night, who knows.
    edited October 2017
    Answer the question handicapper. How do you bet blind and expect to win?
    edited October 2017
    Answer the question handicapper. How to you bet blind and expect to win?

Is there a rule that says that I have to explain why I'm betting X? No.
    Is there a rule that says that I have to post picks before X amount of time before kick-off? No.

I'll keep betting blind though, dude. I hope I don't upset you too much going forward.
    edited October 2017
    Nice response for a coin-flipper.

FYI Vegas put 2nd string goalie Subban on I/R and called up a young Swede to start tomorrow. I'm sure you were aware.

I caution all followers. You won't win with this guy long term.
    edited October 2017
    Nice response for a coin-flipper.

FYI Vegas put 2nd string goalie Subban on I/R and called up a young Swede to start tomorrow. I'm sure you were aware.

I caution all followers. You won't win with this guy long term.

Ron, on a scale from 1 to 10... how much happier would you be as a human being if I stopped posting altogether? I think you're getting a little too upset and I wouldn't want someone as great as you to be this upset over something so small. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we just want you to be happy.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Guys, time to move on. Thanks.
    edited October 2017
    You'll only reappear with a new handle. Keep flipping and hope you line your's and acetoten's pocket with bit coins.
    edited October 2017
    You'll only reappear with a new handle. Keep flipping and hope you line your's and acetoten's pocket with bit coins.

Why would I make a new handle? You act like I have nothing else to do but post picks on here. Maybe you think that way because you have nothing better to do than flame and bash people on here. I hope you get a good night of sleep.

Also, did you seriously take a stab at someone who simply "thanked" my posts?
    edited October 2017
    I'm trying to warn the lemmings from following an alleged "insider"(sounds familiar) that will lead them to "Don'tbebroke.com".

adding, I respect hockey handicapper Nvrlck for his longevity through peaks and valleys. He has a clue.
    edited October 2017
    I'm trying to warn the lemmings from following an alleged "insider"(sounds familiar) that will lead them to "Don'tbebroke.com".

adding, I respect hockey handicapper Nvrlck for his longevity through peaks and valleys. He has a clue.

"Alleged "insider""... :thinking:

adding, cool did I ask?
    edited October 2017
    Ron...

I'm not charging for picks. Matter of fact, I'm posting for free if you didn't notice. I'm posting lines that are available and I'm very clearly not being dishonest about any of the lines or picks I release here. You're treating me as if I was charging for picks and posting lines that aren't W/A like Warren Sharp does.

You can believe that I don't have an edge or that I'm a coin flipper or whatever you want, but I don't see how that affects you or anyone. If someone wants to follow me, they can. If someone doesn't want to follow me, they can. You can believe that I "stop posting" once I go on a bad run, but again: I don't see how that affects you or anyone.

I don't owe anyone anything. I'll post when I want to post. IRL stuff has priority over everything for me (especially a f'n betting forum). If I wanna do something or if something were to happen IRL, do you seriously expect me to go out of my way to post my picks here anyways? If I want to stop posting for a while to tweak my model or do X and Y IRL, I have the rights to do so. If I was running a service, sure, I would see the problem-but I'm clearly not.

Just to add: last year I stopped posting because something happened IRL and not because I went on a bad run. I was still in the positive units-wise when I stopped posting so I don't understand why you even believe I stopped posting because of the bad run. Either way it doesn't matter, you created this huge whatever you have for me based on some assumption.

Goats, you can lock this thread or whatever. I couldn't be bothered to deal with this any further at this point.
    edited October 2017
    PP865,

If you took my criticism in stride, you'd learn something. This place is one of the sharper boards around, do you think any of these sharps bet baseball w/out knowledge or 'must go' pitchers?

I might come across as crude, but the message is reliable.
  • acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited October 2017

Thanks Ron, but I line my pockets with money from the poker tables, have for the last 16 years. I do enjoy following some of the threads on this site from guys (bg, j2037 and helmut to name a few) that seem to do their homework and I do play some of their picks from time to time. I have pretty much stopped posting on here altogether because of the negativity and criticizing I receive. And by the way, I followed danshan after the allstar break a couple months ago, I figured he might turn it around after that horrendous start and it worked out pretty well for me.
    Ron, do you contribute to the board other than your negativity? I havent really ever paid attention if you have any threads or do you just troll? I'm finished with this thread and feel free to bash on and talk some trash about this reply. I hope the best for all of you guys. I know betting on ballgames can cause some major stress, blood pressure problems, work related problems, problems with the spouse and kids. Good luck and God bless.

p.s. I remember when this site was fun, bring back BENNIE, big joe, blackjack 21 etc....
    edited October 2017
    acetoten wrote: »
    Thanks Ron, but I line my pockets with money from the poker tables, have for the last 16 years.

I'm shocked
    Ron, do you contribute to the board other than your negativity?

Nothing, nothing at all.

Ace, anyone that follows danshan deserves the utmost respect. No bashing from me.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2017
    I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Ron, you made your point in your first post or two (as usual). Please don't add anything else.

PP865, in the future, I'd suggest not engaging in this type of back and forth and just letting it die off.
    edited October 2017
    22-22. +1.87u on 48.25u risked, 3.88% ROI.

Done. Good luck.
  • zibdibblezibdibble Junior Member
    edited October 2017
    Enjoyed your posts, made some money and have started watching a bit more hockey. Thank you.
  • Slick 1Slick 1 Junior Member
    edited October 2017
    What a shame, another solid capper driven away because of the bullshit. PP865 posted a day early because he's not a PROFESSIONAL handicapper and has other things going on with his life, to call him out on not seeing who the starting goalies were is really stupid....if he had the time to be on the board 24 hours a day I'm sure he would have waited and posted on game day. PP thanks for your efforts and good luck in the future.