Betting Talk

Anybody ever get Dr H? He started here?

megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
edited August 2017 in Sports Betting
I thought I heard Dr H started on this forum...anybody ever get his service? Super impressive up almost 34u. Never saw anybody so impressive for MLB or am I missing some?

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    ..anybody ever get his service? Super impressive up almost 34u.

I know of a couple of guys that play his stuff. Their local outs were spotted at Quick'en Loans to pay off all his winners. One guy was put on the Maytag spin cycle for a minute.
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    I get it. It's my first season getting it. Very convenient, and profitable thus far!
  • megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Cool thanks. Maybe next year. Not sure the price worth my unit size though.
  • gobucks2gobucks2 Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Cool thanks. Maybe next year. Not sure the price worth my unit size though.
    have u considered betting more
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, I was thinking that for next year if I did it. I'm only at about 100$ per unit right now so that is probably pushing it w the price.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    I've been playing Dr H. Very satisfied.
    edited July 2017
    Thank you, all. Do guy get right away or give it a month to get some data in?
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Thank you, all. Do guy get right away or give it a month to get some data in?
    I started at the beginning of the season, and would recommend doing that. I feel like you would lose value starting a month into the season.
    edited July 2017
    Dr.H is in the same conversation as RAS when considering strong market movement. Yeah, I know different markets and play times, but the respect is enormous. Things do change, but I don't think the oddsmakers have caught up to the metrics......or can they this decade?
    edited July 2017
    Oh wow, so H is the far and away #1 for MLB? I just like learning.
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Just like RAS it comes down to can you get the release #..you have secs with both to get down..
    edited July 2017
    Wow that is crazy yet awesome...
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Agree with everything Ron has said. But I think the most impressive and fascinating thing is how Dr H service releases have impacted the entire market. Getting respect from books is one thing. Getting respect from larger betting entities is the ultimate sign of legitimacy. He has it. It’s very similar to how RAS impacted the college markets. About 10-15 minutes before H’s release the screen will start moving around and typically intensifies when he sends his release warning. People are trying to get out ahead of his release. He’s causing betting groups to change the way they bet. That’s impressive.
    edited July 2017
    I personally have never seen anything seen anything so impressive for MLB....would love to know what goes into it!
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    I personally have never seen anything seen anything so impressive for MLB....would love to know what goes into it!

All you'll ever see is the output.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    procap wrote: »
    Agree with everything Ron has said. But I think the most impressive and fascinating thing is how Dr H service releases have impacted the entire market. Getting respect from books is one thing. Getting respect from larger betting entities is the ultimate sign of legitimacy. He has it. It’s very similar to how RAS impacted the college markets. About 10-15 minutes before H’s release the screen will start moving around and typically intensifies when he sends his release warning. People are trying to get out ahead of his release. He’s causing betting groups to change the way they bet. That’s impressive.

he isn't changing the way groups bet; instead he's working with the groups
    they are beating the release, by design, with the help of the handicapper......
  • BigKidBigKid Junior Member
    edited July 2017
    Obi One wrote: »
    All you'll ever see is the output.

I believe that this comment warrants further discussion.

I am a seasoned CBB handicapper and through the years have developed methodologies for identifying +EV opportunities. Presumably like many visiting this site, I have had my up and down years, but am constantly learning and attempting to improve my capping methods by integrating new angles, data, etc. into my projected lines in order to stay ahead of market adaptations. While the bottom-line (a.k.a. units won) has always been (and will remain) my top priority, I have always been equally fascinated with the process itself. Alternatively stated, I am a strong advocate of my 5th grade math teacher's directive in not merely arriving at an answer, but more importantly, "showing my work".

I have long desired to expand into other markets (specifically CFB & MLB), and discovered this forum in hopes of learning about some of the successful processes that seasoned handicappers utilize in developing their own lines. I am not na?ve. I completely understand that wildly successful cappers/syndicates like Dr. H and RAS would be sabotaging their operations and their very livelihoods by disclosing their methodologies through a public forum. With that said, there are many sharp cappers associated with this forum who, although successful, don't influence markets (at least not nearly to the degree of Dr. H and RAS). It is from this collective group that I was hoping to learn more about how to develop solid MLB and CFB lines, but sadly, I typically see only the final product. It is not that I am unappreciative of these sharp cappers sharing their opinions, but wondering why we can't collectively use this forum as a mechanism for actually helping each other improve our capping and line development.

Perhaps this is not the forum for such endeavors, but this CBB season, I intend to share not only my CBB opinions, but also some of my own methodologies for reaching those opinions. As a full time professional, I don't have the time (or inclination) to provide analysis for each and every opinion, but occasionally intend to at least identify the basic foundation from whence I arrive at my opinions. I would strongly encourage others to reply to my postings with constructive suggestions. For instance, if you feel that I have over-accounted for HCA within my line, please let me know why. My goal is to constantly learn, and I would absolutely welcome sage advice from other seasoned CBB cappers. I am hoping that my postings will begin a trend that others may indulge.

This is my seminal substantive post, and please correct me if I'm misguided, but I cannot imagine that sharing our collective methodologies in order to help attain individual capping improvement would be ultimately detrimental. Are we really concerned about oddsmakers scouring betting forums in order to discover the specific methodologies utilized by random cappers? Even if this were true, these oddmsakers would presumably be hamstrung in making line adjustments because the lines have to account for the entire market - and not just a select few random (or even sharp) cappers.
  • edited July 2017
    he isn't changing the way groups bet; instead he's working with the groups
    they are beating the release, by design, with the help of the handicapper......

Seems fairly obvious by randomly selecting plays they are being front run with certain groups at better numbers than release. Not disparaging him in anyway as the numbers are still highly impressive at release. I do agree that procap's post is a bit disingenuous.
  • John1689John1689 Junior Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm curious how much people are able to get down on overnight lines?

Using my local I can do $500 max on overnights - I can get 95% of the lines on my computer and probably 75% on my phone.

I've used 5dimes too, limits are 1K there, but can only get down on my computer.

Still 35+ Units at $500/unit is a very good year.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2017
    John1689 wrote: »
    I've used 5dimes too, limits are 1K there, but can only get down on my computer.

Won't be able to get down on any steam at 5D once your account is flagged and you have a 30 second delay after you confirm a bet (not to mention your limits being cut).
  • edited July 2017
    You can get down $5000 on sides and $2000 on totals on Pinnacle at release I believe. May not be accurate on totals if someone wants to correct me.
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    I know I might get some disagreement on this, one class act! In a league of his own!! And he started right here.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    bluejake wrote: »
    I know I might get some disagreement on this, one class act! In a league of his own!! And he started right here.
    Jake, I agree with lauding Dr H's success. But as far as a class act, I don't know. He used to be one of the nastiest, most derisive, and critical posters in the internet sportsworld, as a matter of fact, I believe he was banned from this very site. Now, in his defense, I will say that he has seemed to have changed his posting demeanor since he went tout.
    edited July 2017
    Dr.H aka "Mr. Congeniality" has apparently completed the Dale Carnegie online course "How to Win Friends and Influence People."
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Jake, I agree with lauding Dr H's success. But as far as a class act, I don't know. He used to be one of the nastiest, most derisive, and critical posters in the internet sportsworld, as a matter of fact, I believe he was banned from this very site. Now, in his defense, I will say that he has seemed to have changed his posting demeanor since he went tout.

I've only been on this site since 2012,
    But I believe he had the facts on his side 99% of the time when 'scolding' some of the dumber posters on this forum. And yes, that oftentimes led to him posting ironic and sarcastic sentences when correcting others. I personally would rather have somebody correcting my mistakes than somebody that sings my praises (while in the meantime it turns out I was wrong)
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    John1689 wrote: »
    I'm curious how much people are able to get down on overnight lines?

Using my local I can do $500 max on overnights - I can get 95% of the lines on my computer and probably 75% on my phone.

Still 35+ Units at $500/unit is a very good year.

Good luck with 5 dimes. They cut limits very fast.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Sample size too small, need more data before I can make a definitive call on whether he's any good or not
  • edited July 2017
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Sample size too small, need more data before I can make a definitive call on whether he's any good or not

What would you consider sufficient in a market that is constantly adapting? 1500+ picks over four seaons is quite a good sample.
  • gobucks2gobucks2 Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    those Michigan dudes know all about small sample size iykwim
  • FatCatFatCat Member
    edited August 2017
    Agree that Dr H has a good edge. In my previous experience following him, the lines at virtually every online book worldwide would move in the order of 5-15% within 15 seconds of his release. If I missed getting my bet on within that small time window, I would usually wait until within an hour or so of the game starting next day, when prices would sometimes (but definitely not always) have drifted back a little more favorably.