Betting Talk

South Carolina vs. Duke

StricknineStricknine Senior Member
edited March 2017 in Sports Betting
This game is being played in Greenville, SC. I am being told that there is high demand for tickets by Cocks fans. The UNC/Arkansas game is being played right before this. This is going to be basically an away game for Duke. All of the UNC fans will stay to pull against Duke. Not saying S Carolina is the bet but this has to be factored in.

Comments

• rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the info S Car looked solid in the 2nd half last night vs Marqutte
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    I'm hearing that there are A LOT of Duke fans in Greenville right now and that they know how to buy up tickets...maybe a slight advantage for SC at game time if UNC fans help out but I don't anticipate it being very significant one way or the other. Best of Luck.
  • ricodotricodot Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Stricknine wrote: »
    This game is being played in Greenville, SC. I am being told that there is high demand for tickets by Cocks fans. The UNC/Arkansas game is being played right before this. This is going to be basically an away game for Duke. All of the UNC fans will stay to pull against Duke. Not saying S Carolina is the bet but this has to be factored in.

Absolutely correct, this is a home game for south carolina.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    ricodot wrote: »
    Absolutely correct, this is a home game for south carolina.

Not a home game (if we want to be precise, which I assume we do given that we are pricing #'s here), but definitely was a South Carolina dominated neutral crowd. Great job by SC fans spending a boat load of money and it was more lopsided than I anticipated (at least the noise was; SC fans are crazy, always have been -> just look at the recruiting forum participation #'s, always some of the highest).

But let's not take away from why the game was won because it sure as hell wasn't a majority boisterous fan base on a neutral site. Frank's crew played tough, physical, and defensive basketball. They forced Duke way outside of their comfort zone. Duke couldn't handle it. Coach K was clearly concerned at the half and he was right to be. Very proud of my Gamecocks tonight.