Betting Talk

OK, Let's talk Bridgejumper or is it?

RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
edited March 2017 in Sports Betting
Cincinnati restaurateur offers a free steak dinner to the entire N.Ky student body if they defeat UKentucky. Info mentioned briefly on Capitol One pregame show. Smart or not?

Comments

• ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Average 30 second ad for Championship in 14 & 15 was 1.5 million dollars. If they mentioned the name of the place, I guess you could somehow prorate that into some cash/value/exposure. If they didn't mention the actual name of the restaurant it doesn't do him much good I would assume.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Wouldn't that be a violation? I know in college football they throw away the key. But have to say the guy is really stepping out on that one:)
    Now if he said, if they stay within single digits that would be a man taking a chance for some pub.
  • stevebodnarstevebodnar Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be a violation? I know in college football they throw away the key. But have to say the guy is really stepping out on that one:)
    Now if he said, if they stay within single digits that would be a man taking a chance for some pub.

Promo is for entire student body so athletes are not getting special treatment
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Adding consensus moneyline 30-1 man to man.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Different scenarios.
    If N.Ky pulled the upset he's looking at 225-250k liablility.
    15k dinners @$15 per head.
    a. $8 per meal. No USDA or Choice, just the cheap shoe leather.
    b. $7 per head to serve plus expenses which will be partially recovered.
    c. He would get nationwide attention from all the media outlets.
    d. He could payoff annuity style. Stretch out freebees extended period.
    e. Still make $$ on overpriced drinks.

If Kentucky wins he got tremendous exposure in the Cincy, Covington,Florence metro area. Atleast 50k in gimmick advertising.

Smart move. He beat the price considerably. Laying 5-1 on a 30-1 shot.