Betting Talk

The NCAA Rules Morons Are At It Again

BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
edited February 2017 in Sports Betting
http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2017-02-13/college-basketball-experimental-rules-approved-2017-nit

Besides the alternating possession rule, the one that screws up the game the most is the 2-shot foul after 83 fouls, or whenever it starts. Now they want to mess it up some more. By changing the foul shot rule, they have changed one of the foundations of the game-- that is, you get fouled, you earn 1 foul shot. Make it, and you earn another shot-- hence "earning the bonus". But, in modern times a lot of guys can't make a shot under pressure, so they miss the first, and then make the second. Better for the game if when they miss the shot it's game on.

When they first implemented this rule-- what, 20 years ago?-- they said it would speed up the game by eliminating fouling late in the game. I guess the NCAA bumpkins that made up this rule skipped class the day they taught "how to catch up when you are behind late in the game." Of course, the only way is to foul and hope for misses-- all us old-timers remember the NC St/Houston Championship game.

It's bad enough they gave these hockey players on hardwood more personal fouls so they can commit assault some more, but, now they want to change the basic nature of the game. Just look at the end of yesterdays Northwestern/ Wisc. game. The Badgers played great defense without fouling, but, it came back to bite them at the very end, as they had to give 3 or 4 fouls to get to the one and one.

Leave the game alone. Better yet-- put it back the way it's supposed to be played.

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited February 2017
    I really don't have an issue with it. I'd be fine with going to quarters just like the women and the rest of the world.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited February 2017
    I think I'm also fine with going to quarters. Seems to make sense.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    im old school, bring back the 35, if you want changes make the dunk illegal like the 70s
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    im old school, bring back the 35, if you want changes make the dunk illegal like the 70s

Yeah, that's what the game needs, no dunking, LMAO
    edited February 2017
    Kane - I edited your signature. Please don't let that happen again. If you've got an issue with a poster, take it up elsewhere, not here. Thanks.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    Tommy, good to know you're looking out for a total scumbag, nice work
    edited February 2017
    kane wrote: »
    Tommy, good to know you're looking out for a total scumbag, nice work

I'm looking out for BettingTalk. As you know, this site is different from the others and we'd like to keep it that way. If you feel the need to attack a poster (regardless of who it is or how deserving you think it may be), there are several other forums that will tolerate it, but we won't. Thanks.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2017
    You post sometimes at EOG, you're familiar with him, you know what he's all about, he doesn't post the garbage here that he does there because he knows he would be banned immediately. All I try to do is let guys here know just exactly who he is. I'm sure Hitler was very charming and sociable in certain circles and around certain people, but that didn't change who he was
    edited February 2017
    kane wrote: »
    You post sometimes at EOG, you're familiar with him, you know what he's all about, he doesn't post the garbage here that he does there because he knows he would be banned immediately. All I try to do is let guys here know just exactly who he is. I'm sure Hitler was very charming and sociable in certain circles and around certain people, but that didn't change who he was

As I've said, if you've got issues with someone else due to stuff posted elsewhere, then deal with it elsewhere. BettingTalk isn't the place for it. Crap like this is the reason that I rarely venture out to other forums.