Betting Talk

Coach's challenge

bumpobumpo Senior Member
edited January 2017 in Sports Betting
I played Houston, first coach's challenge. Graded a loser. I didn't watch every second of the game but does anyone know where something like that could be found?
Thanks.

Comments

• kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2017
    This was in the NFL.com game log..tricky since certain plays are already automatically reviewed.

(2:20) 17-B.Osweiler sacked at HOU 46 for -9 yards (58-S.McClellin). FUMBLES (58-S.McClellin), RECOVERED by NE-23-P.Chung at NE 29. 23-P.Chung for 71 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on NE, Illegal Substitution, 5 yards, enforced at HOU 35. The Replay Official reviewed the fumble ruling, and the play was REVERSED. 17-B.Osweiler pass incomplete short right to 26-L.Miller.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks. I did see that and reading the log it sounds like an official review as they review all scoring plays. Also, had that been a coach's review it sounds like it would have been initiated by the Texans.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2017
    bumpo wrote: »
    I played Houston, first coach's challenge. Graded a loser. I didn't watch every second of the game but does anyone know where something like that could be found?
    Thanks.

Need to just go through the play by play on NFL.com. Doesn't look like there were any challenges last night. So it all depends on what you played to determine whether it should have been a loss or a push.
    edited January 2017
    That's exactly what I did and what I saw. It was at 5dimes and they show the other side of the play as:
    Sport / Period: NFL Props Football / Game
    Line:
    HOU uses coach's challenge first 1/14/2017 8:15:01 PM - (EST)
    Opponent: NE uses coach's challenge first
    I'll have to question them.
    Thanks.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2017
    If that is how it was listed, it should be a push (and based on the line, sounds like you are definitely correct).
    edited January 2017
    I'm live chatting with them now. They're checking the play by play.
    edited January 2017
    Re-graded a push. I love happy endings.:thumbup1:
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2017
    bumpo wrote: »
    I played Houston, first coach's challenge. Graded a loser.

A long standing offshore mantra followed by many sbooks....."When in doubt, grade it as a loser."

Btw bumpo, what was your edge in this prop?
    edited January 2017
    They're almost always lined at -115 either way. I've had success playing coaches that throw more flags.