Betting Talk

RAS 1.5 unit plays

CoolsCools Senior Member
edited March 2017 in Sports Betting
How many of you guys with poor bankroll discipline have gotten killed on these? 0-5 last five? My theory on the 1.5 units...Ed is driving up/down number and then playing the other side :laughing:

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Cools wrote: »
    How many of you guys with poor bankroll discipline have gotten killed on these? 0-5 last five? My theory on the 1.5 units...Ed is driving up/down number and then playing the other side :laughing:

Cools, I don't think Edward would resort to such covert backstabbing. I am convinced though in CBB you can't win unless you get most of his #s.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    He's no good this year. Very obvious with his record for the whole year. Loser after loser, even if you are getting his lines your notes really making any money with cost of service. Fucking horrible actually he's been. If anyone is thinking about subscribing your stupid.. Period...
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    He's no good this year. Very obvious with his record for the whole year. Loser after loser, even if you are getting his lines your notes really making any money with cost of service. Fucking horrible actually he's been. If anyone is thinking about subscribing your stupid.. Period...
    What are you talking about? Loser after loser? He's still up over 6 Units currently. I think everyone needs to relax. Take a moment and breathe. That St. Joes game should have went over. I myself have struggled getting lines lately, but that isn't his fault. You're going to get mad because some games he wins, we lose? It's not Ed and company's fault they've had success, and sports books have made adjustments. I have a few credits left, and if I can't get close to the closing line I'll stop subscribing too. That however, isn't RAS' fault. GEEZE.
    edited December 2016
    Plays are horrible. No other way around it. No one is up 6 units period, I know he his m, but none of his. Subscriber are...period
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    The clvs on 1.5 pt plays aren't that great, so his plan is backfiring.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2016

Then why do you subscribe?
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    i missed a lot of line and got kill bad on those game.
  • katwkatw Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Pay--Don't Pay. Nothing is a Guarante when you gamble. Two sides for every bet. One's Right. One's wrong. Been on both sides. Bottom line--THERE'S NO SURE THING.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited December 2016

Hi Golfer.
    This is Stephanie, Benny's wife.
    He just spit tea out all over the keyboard and hit his head on the computer table because he's laughing at you.
    Turn off ESPN and read a book.
    edited December 2016
    I love play opposite ras game when the line move pass the realease line hit it big yo lol
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    winup wrote: »
    I love play opposite ras game when the line move pass the realease line hit it big yo lol

Never a profitable move playing opposite of Edward and Co.
    edited December 2016
    yes it does not all the game game that line move pass the realese line ras will love those game 8 out of 10
    jman wrote: »
    Never a profitable move playing opposite of Edward and Co.
    edited December 2016
    yes it does not all the game game that line move pass the realese line ras will love those game 8 out of 10

Huh?
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited December 2016

What?
    edited December 2016
    i mean lost not love
    edited December 2016
    i mean lost not love

So you're saying that in games where RAS has negative CLV, you believe that they win about 20% of the time?

Luckily, it's an easy thing to check in their archives. This year in college hoops, they are 2-0 in this situation (in full games). In CFB on full games, they are 3-3. And last year in CFB, it went 5-5. And the year before that, 5-6. In 2013, it was 4-3.

I'm thinking that if I keep going, we'll find they hit at better than 20%.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    What about the games where they only have positive clv because ed hits pin at close to assure it
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    oh snap
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    oh snap

nice to see you are still alive
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Request to temporarily unblock golfer to provide his feedback on the 2u release
  • billymacbillymac Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    so........you're saying there's a chance:huh:
    edited December 2016
    Didn't even realize that was a 2 unit till I saw this post lol
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited December 2016
    durito wrote: »
    What about the games where they only have positive clv because ed hits pin at close to assure it

Which game(s)?
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Or what about the games where they move it the 2 pts wrong way on the screen 30 seconds prior to release, then include that 2 pts in the clv after the release the right way?
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    CLV is meaningless, it's all about units won, amiright guys?
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    CLV is meaningless, it's all about units won, amiright guys?

p much.
    edited December 2016
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Or what about the games where they move it the 2 pts wrong way on the screen 30 seconds prior to release, then include that 2 pts in the clv after the release the right way?

If we did do this is there a different way you'd like us to calculate the CLV?
    edited December 2016
    CLV is just one more piece of information to look at when evaluating a handicapper. I admit ours is probably a bit of an overkill at this point, but would certainly rather have it than the alternative.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    RightAngle wrote: »
    CLV is just one more piece of information to look at when evaluating a handicapper. I admit ours is probably a bit of an overkill at this point, but would certainly rather have it than the alternative.

IDK. Maybe I'm in the tiny percentage of people that feel this way but I disagree re overkill. Whether you're shipping a full game CFB side into 10k limits Saturday or a second half CBB total I really believe the market is going to get it right (or close to). I don't think there is much overkill at all. If you're betting something the "wrong" way your following should in theory only set it up on a platter for someone else to bet opposite. If you're betting something the "right" way your following should keep betting it that way until the value is gone, which would then either hold the number close to where it's going to close, OR set it up for someone to come back the other way because your following opened it up.

I think you can even notice this in your releases. Sometimes (most) you ship a total and it takes the hell off and never comes back. Sometimes you ship a total and it hardly budges or gets shit on. I just think markets are crazy efficient (though, I can always be talked into early season, particularly college markets have some minor inefficiencies, but not for long). There were several college football games on Saturday this year getting two way, competitive action. That's just fascinating to me and speaks volumes of the efficiency. There's just a lot of talented people out there that know what the hell they are doing. I just don't buy into the overkill or whatever because of your following or whatever other reason. The markets gonna get it close to right regardless.

I guess if you are hitting Pinny right before kick/tip that is one thing. But even then I'm more then likely the lone pyscho in this world that thinks someone would still hit it back if it were wrong for you to do so or not even let it get to that point in the first place.

#teamCLV
    edited December 2016
    Dr. H wrote: »

If I can get down at the release line and it's 2 points better than it "should" have been, then it works out pretty well for me (and any other subs that get that line).