Betting Talk

2016-17 RAS College Basketball

Comments

• jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Cools wrote: »
    I'm assuming Toledo hit a meaningless 3 with less than a second left...can anyone confirm?

3 seconds
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Shortly after the total release my site took down all the totlas.. Weird. This happen to anyone else ?
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    none of my book have the totals
    edited November 2016
    anyone miss the line ? i can't get none of them lol line move to fast for me :cry::
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I got a better line on 1st one by .5, 2nd and 3rd were perfect and last one I got 1pt off. Was much better than over the weekend and all plays were put in on one of the two sites we are told to use lines from.

And yes, I'm sorry for trying the trial as only a $100 a game bettor.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2016
    No issues here. Continue to prefer the short advanced warning.
    edited November 2016
    most of my book line move with in 2 second some of them freeze the line cant not place the bet at all what the heck system they use how can they move the line that fast.
  • PP865PP865 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm usually against the warnings, but I got every line on the released number these last 2 days. The only line that I struggled to get was the 3rd game released today, but I was able to get in on my backup book.
  • Nacer2174Nacer2174 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    No problems here. Never a problem when there is a warning.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    only a small issue with the last release where i missed it by a point. I'm also on a slow internet connection in argentina and bet all the plays on iPhone. I rarely get plays in on my PPH via iPhone.
    edited November 2016
    Maybe the plays will get better once we start getting charged for them. Free service for a week will do more harm than good cause everyone is losing. Free shit always sucks anyways no matter what it is. Rather pay and get something better. I'll ride it out cause I always do, but in all honesty, we've been on the wrong side of nearly every game so far this year.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Maybe the plays will get better once we start getting charged for them. Free service for a week will do more harm than good cause everyone is losing. Free shit always sucks anyways no matter what it is. Rather pay and get something better. I'll ride it out cause I always do, but in all honesty, we've been on the wrong side of nearly every game so far this year.

48b6f3a2_vbattach305126.jpg

edited November 2016
    Lol ��
    edited November 2016

cry all u want right now but after this week u will need 400 credit to get thru the season lol
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    TommyL wrote: »

That's too funny! I've been hitting this thread knowing that sooner or later you would show with something.
    Also for the nice guys at BT Thank you for offer Edward but I passed and I'm not playing or even trying. The first day BM moved Pacific withing 2 seconds and I mean 2 seconds and by the time I left BM it was over. But I'll say to the guys that are bitching you have the whole year give guys that can't afford to bet the games to warrant a sub a little chance to maybe build a B/R. Have a great I wish you nothing but the best.
    edited November 2016

Should I just ban you now and save us both the trouble? Serious question.
    edited November 2016
    Goats wrote: »
    Should I just ban you now and save us both the trouble? Serious question.

no sir. Of course the moment after I make that post we go 4-1 to end the night.
    edited November 2016
    no sir. Of course the moment after I make that post we go 4-1 to end the night.

And if he went 0-5? I probably don't need to tell you that you're basically on a zero tolerance policy.

Moving on...
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    This is so unfair! I want my money back for the free trial!!!!
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2016
    During this free trial, our goal is to demonstrate the following:

1. Our recordkeeping is 100% accurate and transparent.
    If you haven't noticed yet, every play released is automatically displayed on our website pick-archive page no later than 10 minutes after game start time.

2. We really do win more than anyone else.
    Once #1 is established, you can review all of our past records with confidence, and understand that we have had a significant edge in the CBB/CFB markets for several years over a large sample size of plays. We also want to demonstrate that we have a significant edge in today's current market. By the conclusion of the week, between results and closing line value, every indication should be that we still do.

3. It is possible to get our release lines.
    This one has been difficult during the trial. The picks are being received by 25x the amount of people typically subscribed to the service. Not only is their more intense competition for lines than usual, but our pick delivery methods (particularly text messaging) have been slowed by the larger amount of people in the system. Because it is so early in the season, line movement has been super volatile, and we have seen some of the wildest line moves ever witnessed on the service. It is always challenging to get our release lines, but typical subscriber conditions are nowhere near what they have been like during the free trial so far.

If #3 has been an issue for you, and I suspect it has been for a lot of clients, please e-mail us at the end of the free trial. We will work something out with you to test your ability to get release lines under more normal subscriber conditions.

Some tips for the last 3 days:

1. Normally, texts arrive sooner than e-mails, but given the number of texts the system is sending out, e-mails have been arriving before text messages for most users during the free trial, and the difference can be significant. It is important to optimize your pick delivery methods and find out what works best for you.

2. If you miss the release line by more than a full point, just take a pass and wait for the next opportunity.

3. First half lines tend to not move as quickly as the full game line, but have just as much expected value. This is something worth trying if unable to get the full game lines.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Thanks,

Edward
    Right Angle Sports
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    3. First half lines tend to not move as quickly as the full game line, but have just as much expected value. This is something worth trying if unable to get the full game lines.

I've always wondered that when simply following someone's plays what % you should put on 1h, WG, and ML.
    edited November 2016
    today i got all 3 the same line because i got the email before text 1-2 second maybe ras should send email before text.
    edited November 2016
    buckeyes wrote: »
    I've always wondered that when simply following someone's plays what % you should put on 1h, WG, and ML.

Optimally you'd at least play FG and 1h evenly for diversity. ML's will add more volatility but still fine long term.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    3.5 pt move on current 2H release. Unbelievable
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    jm wrote: »
    3.5 pt move on current 2H release. Unbelievable

While many of the moves on these releases early have been way too extreme, thus providing value on the other side, this one was correct. Just a hilariously bad opener.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Dr. H wrote: »
    While many of the moves on these releases early have been way too extreme, thus providing value on the other side, this one was correct. Just a hilariously bad opener.

No kidding. He won 2nd half total by 21 points. 2nd half actually started off quick too. I was on the under for game because of the injury, so did not bet 2nd half. dammit. Nice selection Edward!
  • Sam BSam B Member
    edited November 2016
    Just to confirm, going forward the service will send warning messages via text for...

CBB full game sides...yes
    CBB full game totals...no
    CBB 2nd half sides...no
    CBB 2nd half totals...no

You'd have me for the season if the service included a warning for full game totals. It might be worth a try since you'll be sending to 1/20th of the trial subscribers. I know it doesn't work for everyone though.
    edited November 2016
    Sam B wrote: »
    Just to confirm, going forward the service will send warning messages via text for...

CBB full game sides...yes
    CBB full game totals...no
    CBB 2nd half sides...no
    CBB 2nd half totals...no

You'd have me for the season if the service included a warning for full game totals. It might be worth a try since you'll be sending to 1/20th of the trial subscribers. I know it doesn't work for everyone though.

We will probably try warnings for full game totals too. Perhaps will do a new survey and see where the majority stands.
  • LancerLancer Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I've done better with warnings also, so warnings would get my vote.
    edited November 2016
    Lancer wrote: »
    I've done better with warnings also, so warnings would get my vote.

Not to be repetitive, but I continue to prefer warnings as well. Would be in favor for them to be used for totals in addition to sides.