Betting Talk

2016-17 RAS College Basketball

Comments

• Nacer2174Nacer2174 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Got the line with no problems
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2016
    One thing to consider is about 20x more people are in the system then there are when picks are going to subscribers only. The range in which 1st person and last person gets the play via e-mail and/or text could be noticeable.
  • JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    no issue getting line for me. I prefer this method
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    This definitely makes sense. I didn't think of this.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    i've had 100% success with cbb sides being released and about 50% on totals for getting the number. wasn't a fan of releasing in the middle of PC either...
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    jm wrote: »
    i've had 100% success with cbb sides being released and about 50% on totals for getting the number. wasn't a fan of releasing in the middle of PC either...
    what does "PC" mean?
  • PP865PP865 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I got both totals on the number (without warning) and I couldn't get either sides (with warning).
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2016

Similar experience here although there's a reason extra game totals are harder for me and I'm not too concerned about those. That was the only play I missed so far.

All that said, with Ed mentioning he has 20X as many people getting the plays for the free right now in addition to it being week one, I'm not sure we can draw any meaningful conclusions right now.
    edited November 2016
    It's just frustrating, that's all. Both games that had release warnings are the two games that I missed, I was ready for both and I wasn't even close to getting them - even on square books. Meanwhile, the two games that didn't have a release warnings were a walk-in-the-park to get for me.

I have Pinnacle on another screen just to see what happens on-site upon release. Both sides were turned offline for a few seconds right as I received the play (within the second) to ultimately come back 1.5-2pt worse on there - while one of the total that was available on there didn't go offline upon release and could've been grabbed on Pinnacle had you been fast enough.

I get the whole 20X as many people thing, but I honestly think the warnings are the problem here - not the people. Sure, some people are getting the lines with the warnings and all, but I seriously can't be the only one that's struggling with them.
  • LancerLancer Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Mine was the exact opposite, I acted quickly, yet lost six points on the first unannounced total, and 4.5 points on the second one.
    edited November 2016
    PP865 wrote: »
    It's just frustrating, that's all. Both games that had release warnings are the two games that I missed, I was ready for both and I wasn't even close to getting them - even on square books. Meanwhile, the two games that didn't have a release warnings were a walk-in-the-park to get for me.

I have Pinnacle on another screen just to see what happens on-site upon release. Both sides were turned offline for a few seconds right as I received the play (within the second) to ultimately come back 1.5-2pt worse on there - while one of the total that was available on there didn't go offline upon release and could've been grabbed on Pinnacle had you been fast enough.

I get the whole 20X as many people thing, but I honestly think the warnings are the problem here - not the people. Sure, some people are getting the lines with the warnings and all, but I seriously can't be the only one that's struggling with them.

Like you and others, I'm just sharing my personal experience. Clearly it will vary from person to person.

Just as you're frustrated, I would be frustrated if I lost the release warnings that I value and are working for me.

But again, I really don't think you should draw any conclusions from two plays on day one with the added volume of subscribers.
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    with the warning line move to fast
    edited November 2016
    Goats wrote: »
    Like you and others, I'm just sharing my personal experience. Clearly it will vary from person to person.

Just as you're frustrated, I would be frustrated if I lost the release warnings that I value and are working for me.

But again, I really don't think you should draw any conclusions from two plays on day one with the added volume of subscribers.

I get where you're coming from. But, I honestly feel that unless you have the squarest book, which is out of reach for a lot of people - there's no way you can get these plays with warnings, the lines just move far too fast. Where as, if there's no warning, it's an even game - more opportunity for people to get plays and if they don't get it: it's because they were too slow and not because the books were too fast.

Either way, I'm just sharing my opinion - not trying to cause an argument.

(As a side note, I got the play that was just sent out on the number despite me having to tab out from typing all of this).
  • paddyboy111paddyboy111 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the picks. I'm seeing 8 point moves on these totals, any opinion on the value of fading an 8 point move?
    edited November 2016
    I honestly feel that unless you have the squarest book, which is out of reach for a lot of people - there's no way you can get these plays with warnings, the lines just move far too fast. Where as, if there's no warning, it's an even game - more opportunity for people to get plays and if they don't get it: it's because they were too slow and not because the books were too fast.

Either way, I'm just sharing my opinion - not trying to cause an argument.

No worries. Agree to disagree. I have one square/slow out with tiny limits that I bet at 2nd. The other is pretty average.
  • JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    what is the reason for releasing the sides with warning and totals without?
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I still prefer the warnings. I've had success at what I consider a faster book.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Using Gmail..

this is how my plays are showing up:

Subject line: RAS 2nd Half Total: $EVEN-3IGHT-0NE Tennessee State/UC Davis - Over 71

$EVEN-3IGHT-0NE Tennessee State/UC Davis - Over 71
    Rating: 1.00
    RAS 2nd Half Total
    College basketball
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    they all show up that way. It's to stop/make the bots slower.

Perhaps i'm a slow guy, but i need to read it out loud to bet it.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited November 2016

got it I was out and about so I missed all but the first one anyways..
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited November 2016

yep me too

i have to go a little slower

need about five hands to count the times i bet Oregon instead of Oregon St. and Tennessee Martin instead of Tennessee St.
    edited November 2016
    JB531 wrote: »
    what is the reason for releasing the sides with warning and totals without?

Totals are a lot more volatile so it might be of some benefit to release them unannounced. Mainly just trying to mix things up and experiment with different methods. As you can see, feedback is mixed on what people prefer.
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the picks. I'm seeing 8 point moves on these totals, any opinion on the value of fading an 8 point move?

I normally would never advise fading a line move, but if there was ever a time to do it, those may have been it. Certainly did not expect them to move as much as they did.
  • grenadegrenade Junior Member
    edited November 2016
    A possible suggestion would be something like "A play will be released sometime between 1 to 30 minutes" as a warning.

It doesn't have to be an exact set time but something like this would at least afford time to at least be near the computer or the ability to be logged in to sites.

Not being logged in to sites and in the certain sport at all times is probably the biggest time killer with my personal experience so far.
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Love this idea. It could be anything along these lines, and it would be helpful!
    grenade wrote: »
    A possible suggestion would be something like "A play will be released sometime between 1 to 30 minutes" as a warning.

It doesn't have to be an exact set time but something like this would at least afford time to at least be near the computer or the ability to be logged in to sites.

Not being logged in to sites and in the certain sport at all times is probably the biggest time killer with my personal experience so far.
    edited November 2016
    grenade wrote: »

As much as I'd love that to be the solution because I believe it would fix this issue and it would please the most people - it isn't. Line movement before release would become the issue. The line that was to be released could change within that timespan, even if you did it a 1-15 minutes warning. Anything below that timespan would just lead us to the same problem we have currently.
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't see why. Couldn't the line just as likely move in our favor? In the past with a release warning at times RAS would say "play scratched due to line movement". The same could be done in this instance.
    As much as I'd love that to be the solution because I believe it would fix this issue and it would please the most people - it isn't. Line movement before release would become the issue. The line that was to be released could change within that timespan, even if you did it a 1-15 minutes warning. Anything below that timespan would just lead us to the same problem we have currently.
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Toledo score on your results page is wrong. Final was 77-76. Of course, it's impossible to get release number if you're using a big book and I got stuck with 152. Injury to insult when you go to the results page, think you won and then check your account only to find you lose...
  • CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I'm assuming Toledo hit a meaningless 3 with less than a second left...can anyone confirm?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Cools wrote: »
    I'm assuming Toledo hit a meaningless 3 with less than a second left...can anyone confirm?

Correct

http://www.sjuhawks.com/liveStats/v2/basketball/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=2922868&db_oem_id=31200