Betting Talk

- NBA 2016/ 2017 -

13»

Comments

• megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
    edited May 2017
    What does weighted v unweighted mean for units?
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited May 2017
    What does weighted v unweighted mean for units?

Per the record keeping requirements here at BT, you always have to keep an unweighted record. You might recall how at other forums and on twitter some guys post 5 bets that lose, but then suddenly bet a 20 unit play, and then claim that they have won +15 units, while in reality they only have 1 win against 5 losses. Questions you should ask is: Do I really want to follow a guy that is going from 1 to 20 units on the fly? What if the 20-unit bet loses? Do I get a 50 unit bet next? Do you have 70+ units in you bankroll to begin with? Are you comfortable betting almost your total bankroll on just 2 bets? Is this a good strategy ? Does the 20-unit play really have a 20 times higher probability of winning, compared to the 1-unit plays?

I hope you now understand why honest and reputable bettors (or touts) keep an unweighted record. So you can compare them across the board and across sports. With an unweighted record, posters cannot artificially inflate their units won. Everything is 'to-win-1-unit'. Should a poster have strong plays he can post multi-unit plays, but still he has always to maintain an unweighted record, next to his weighted record. The weighted record accounts for all of his units won or lost.
  • megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
    edited May 2017
    Got it, thanks!
    edited May 2017
    Fraud book ISI Sports seriously dealing 'polish middle' lines to their customers:

GSW -11.5
    SAS +8

http://www.isisports.com/livelines/

seriously one of the things that has to be addressed if sports betting is going to be legalized
    edited May 2017
    Stephen A Smith predictions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gWjEWVaf1I

He truly sucks LOLOLOLOL
    edited May 2017
    Value play:

Spurs Q1 +4.5 -125

GL
  • crazyivan24crazyivan24 Senior Member
    edited May 2017
    I like it. I think GSW is overpriced today.
    edited May 2017
    I like it. I think GSW is overpriced today.

For the full game, I don't,
    for the 1st Q, I do

Spurs not a whole lot of players who can stop the Warriors. Golden State should win this, probably blow it open in Q2 or Q3. Only a super effort by the Spurs AND a lackluster showing by the Warriors will get this to game 5.