Betting Talk

Information Only on Ed's Plays

2»

Comments

• jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    If you do not mind, what book do you use?
    Thanks

As of a year or so ago, HRWager you could get down on RAS plays a good 2 mins after release.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Goats wrote: »
    You don't think the way the numbers are spelled out with special characters is stopping the bots?

It would be trivial easy for a decent programmer to write something that would figure that out.

I'm not sure what the point of trying to stop that either is. Only one person is getting in a max at bm anyway. Whether it's a bot or the faster clicker, the line is still moving the screen almost instantly.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Just my suggestion. I think just stick to full game totals and sides. Maybe throw in a 2nd half play here and there if something really stands out. So far 2nd half totals been a coin toss. Again this is just one guys opinion for what it's worth.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2016
    durito wrote: »
    It would be trivial easy for a decent programmer to write something that would figure that out.

I'm not sure what the point of trying to stop that either is. Only one person is getting in a max at bm anyway. Whether it's a bot or the faster clicker, the line is still moving the screen almost instantly.

We noticed screen getting hit a lot slower when we first implemented it, been getting faster lately. Could be other factors such as 1-2 minute warnings. The goal is that if BM gets hit 5-15 seconds slower it has a positive trickle down effect on the rest of the market.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2016
    chuckh wrote: »
    Just my suggestion. I think just stick to full game totals and sides. Maybe throw in a 2nd half play here and there if something really stands out. So far 2nd half totals been a coin toss. Again this is just one guys opinion for what it's worth.

I think for the most part we've released solid 2nd half plays, and would make us a favorite to win on them going forward. We did go 25-17 (59.5%) on them the previous 5 years, and won 19 units on them this last CBB season (we were break even after first 80 plays). They have just underperformed so far this CFB season for whatever reason. Similarly, we've overperformed on full game sides (66.6%) and totals (63.3%). It's just too small of a sample size to really determine much.

In any event, the great thing about our credit system is you can customize it to receive whichever plays you wish.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    I think we've lost a lot of close 2H plays: Wash St last week, IU/OSU over, toledo pk. I just think we've been a bit unlucky on 2Hs.