Betting Talk

RAS College Football Update/Changes

RightAngleRightAngle Admin
edited October 2016 in Sports Betting
Just wanted to give a quick update on the service. Through first four weeks we have gone 25-17, 59.5%, for +6.25 units.

We recently did another customer survey and as a result have decided on the following changes, effective immediately:

1. Full game sides/totals later in week. We stated that the primary focus of the service this year would be 2nd half plays, and while that continues to be the case, we will still release full game sides and totals where we find value, and usually later in the week when lines are less volatile and plays are easier to bet. So far we have already released 31 full game plays, (3 sides, 14 totals, and 14 fcs vs fbs sides), with many of them coming late in week and/or on day of game.

2. Release warnings. In our most recent survey the majority of users stated that they prefer release warnings. This week, we will start providing a short 1 to 2 minute warning before most full game releases, and some 2nd half plays when time allows. However, there will remain NO set release day or window. We think this change—quick warnings without a set release time—is likely to enable an even higher number of subscribers to either get or come very close to our release line.

3. Market validation is guaranteed. If a released full game play gets minus closing line value AND loses, you will not be charged for the pick. A free credit will automatically be applied to your account. While this is a rare occurrence—only four of 116 released CFB plays last year had minus CLV and lost—it still ensures that you're not paying for plays that fall short of our standard. *We do not track CLV for 2nd half plays so they will be excluded from this policy.

We will be updating the website soon to reflect these changes, but wanted to give everyone at BT a first look at them. As always do not hesitate to respond or e-mail me with any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Thank you,

Edward
Right Angle Sports
Handicapper.net

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    In all my years of being an RAS subscriber the current process is without even the slightest question the best for me. I hope a warning won't make it bad again. Ever since RAS started this , I think it was last year in hoops it's just made the world of difference. If we go back to release schedule or prolly anything more than just a warning it will be bad again. Im shocked you guys are going to mess with what is by far the best way to beat the movement in years. I don't know if just a warning but no time stated will make it worse but it certainly won't make it better. Just my 2 cents
    edited September 2016
    All though I will say with a warning I will be much quicker too cause I won't have to pull up the site and login on my phone. It will be interesting if it makes books faster too.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Im shocked you guys are going to mess with what is by far the best way to beat the movement in years.

From what was written in the original post, it seems that you're in the minority.

"In our most recent survey the majority of users stated that they prefer release warnings."

You may disagree but not sure why you're shocked that RAS is making a change based on subscriber feedback. That's business 101.
    edited September 2016
    Goats wrote: »
    From what was written in the original post, it seems that you're in the minority.

"In our most recent survey the majority of users stated that they prefer release warnings."

You may disagree but not sure why you're shocked that RAS is making a change based on subscriber feedback. That's business 101.

I totally get why they are doing it based on customer feedback. I'm just trying to wrap my mind around that the majority of the people feel the way they do. Beating the movement was sooooooooo difficult when we had a warning. And if I remember correctly we already basically tried this before. Remember when we would get the warning and it would say " a play will be released within 3-5 minutes". Or "a play will be released in the next 2-3 minutes." That did not help in the slightest I thought. But that was also releasing earlier in the week. While there will be no notice on exactly when the play will be released its going to be very obvious for books that it will be coming shortly especially since Ed just stated that the warning would come 1-2 minutes before the play. How is this any different then what we already tried and it failed. The process we have now has been fantastic!!!!!!
    edited September 2016
    Goats - just out of curiosity, how has the current process been for you? Easier or harder to get the number?
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    I may be in the minority here but I don't think the current process was fantastic. I hate the idea of having to be on "standby" all the time. I would say I hit the released line about 60% of the time this way. When we had release warnings I hit the released line about 90% of the time. I would beat the released lines quite often as well. Having the release warnings also allowed me to enjoy my free time and not have to be on "standby" all the time. I imagine the type of book people use has a great deal of impact on getting the released line. Just my thoughts, good luck all.
    edited September 2016
    Goats - just out of curiosity, how has the current process been for you? Easier or harder to get the number?

I've had mixed success. I have one "slow" out that I can use 99% of the time but my limits are pretty low there (not that I'm a big bettor). So I try to bet elsewhere first, then there. If I'm sitting in front of my computer and logged in when the play comes, I've been mostly successful. However, I've also missed plays just from being upstairs, let alone out and about (which isn't that often given how much time I spend at home), so I see it as a catch-22. I (and all subs) will have to see how it goes with the brief warnings. I'm sure Ed will welcome and look for feedback post-switch.

BTW, hope you didn't think I was picking on you (I save that for when you deserve it :)). Your response clarified that you were surprised at the subscribers' preference for warnings, not the changes RAS decided to make, and it didn't initially come off that way.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    jman wrote: »
    I may be in the minority here but I don't think the current process was fantastic. I hate the idea of having to be on "standby" all the time. I would say I hit the released line about 60% of the time this way. When we had release warnings I hit the released line about 90% of the time. I would beat the released lines quite often as well. Having the release warnings also allowed me to enjoy my free time and not have to be on "standby" all the time. I imagine the type of book people use has a great deal of impact on getting the released line. Just my thoughts, good luck all.

I have this exact same experience and agree 100%. For me it was easier to get release with warning as I could be ready with the site up to control + F rotation numbers etc. with no warning I'm scrambling on my phone and I don't get lines nearly as often. Not trying to beat a dead horse just pointing out to golfer there are more in the "prefer warning" boat.
    edited September 2016
    Just can't believe it. I mean it is possible for it to be even better for me once we get the warning cause I will have the site pulled up just waiting for it. But so far even without it the moves have been very slow to move where I'm betting. Knock on wood!

In terms of the people that completed the survey I feel like all first year subscribers should be thrown out. (Not that they shouldn't have an opinion because we are all paying the same amount). It's just that a lot of us have been through all the different types of release methods and have a lot of past experiences on what has been good, bad, mediocre. But the biggest issue is we all bet at different places for the most part that it's different for everyone. It will be interesting to see this week if it changes on my end at all.
    edited September 2016
    Most of you have said that you bet the games at your computer or need to be sitting at your computer. I found that interesting because I bet every game from my phone now so I can be anywhere or doing whatever and I can still place the bet. So from a personal experience for me it's actually made it better all the way around. I've loved it.
    edited September 2016
    Most of you have said that you bet the games at your computer or need to be sitting at your computer. I found that interesting because I bet every game from my phone now so I can be anywhere or doing whatever and I can still place the bet. So from a personal experience for me it's actually made it better all the way around. I've loved it.

Phone just doesn't work well for me for whatever reason. Clearly that's a big factor in the difference of opinion.

It also sounds like your outs move slower than mine (other than my "slow out").
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm with jman 100%, which makes sense since I share half his username
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Idk if this is possible but is there a way to search on the phone for a rotation number like there is on a computer? Such as the "control F" method many of us seem to use. This is the problem I run into. I can get to the site fairly quickly on my phone. The problem lies when scrolling for the game numbers. Sometimes they're not in numerical order.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    On iPhone type it into the URL it will show google search results. Go to the bottom and click "On this page" and it will search the screen
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Anyone have any thoughts/feedback on how the new system worked for them this week?
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Anyone have any thoughts/feedback on how the new system worked for them this week?

With the changes I subscribed this week and turned off 2h. I got every single line.
    edited October 2016

Worked well for me.
  • Nacer2174Nacer2174 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Worked flawlessly
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    I had the same experience. Absolutely loved it! Hopefully Ed & company will have this system throughout college hoops.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2016
    Glad to hear the positive feedback. Anyone else please feel free to share their experiences as well.
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    one issue !!!!! releases come out in text like this( thr33 thr33 s1x ) for me, not sure if anyone else gets them like that, just harder to read at first glance

also never saw release lline anywhere today i was point off at every out and one seemed to be on the move before it was released and took the game off the board( before the release) and then put it back up with adjustment 60 seconds later

just observations
  • PP865PP865 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Predator wrote: »
    one issue !!!!! releases come out in text like this( thr33 thr33 s1x ) for me, not sure if anyone else gets them like that, just harder to read at first glance

also never saw release lline anywhere today i was point off at every out and one seemed to be on the move before it was released and took the game off the board( before the release) and then put it back up with adjustment 60 seconds later

just observations

It's not just you. I'm pretty sure the rotation numbers are written that way so that people can't just code a simple program to parse the rotation number from the e-mail to automatically bet the line. I could be wrong, but it makes sense that the rotation number would be written like this for this purpose, or one similar.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Predator wrote: »

just observations

All went well for me this morning. I found it to be one of the slower plays to move this season as I got it at a few outs.
    edited October 2016
    No issue for me this morning either.

Also, pretty sure the explanation above regarding how the rotation #'s are written is correct.
  • ggm1976ggm1976 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Is it possible to release the totals when most of the books offer the totals?
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    Got it within a half even after messing up a little.
    edited October 2016
    The only oddity from today's release that I saw was CRIS had the total off the board. They took several off the board this morning where Hurricane weather could come into play. However, the rest of the market was fine.

ggm1976/DrH: Most of the books do offer totals by Wednesday. Even by Tuesday the market is pretty solid unless trying to bet 50k+.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    I would never release an MLB game that wasn't up at CRIS.

Good luck.
  • PredatorPredator Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    RightAngle wrote: »
    The only oddity from today's release that I saw was CRIS had the total off the board. They took several off the board this morning where Hurricane weather could come into play. However, the rest of the market was fine.

ggm1976/DrH: Most of the books do offer totals by Wednesday. Even by Tuesday the market is pretty solid unless trying to bet 50k+.

yep the one out was with cris ... just me, but they ALWAYS seem to be on the move the quickest, this year, and now it just goes off the board.. before the release even, i watch it by the second, trust me im a true sitting on the computer degenerate lol !!!been happening all year just not because of the weather this weekend.. once again just my own observation by know means a complaint edward
    edited October 2016
    Clearly not an ordinary case as CRIS not being up affected no more than 1-3 people. As I said above, the rest of the market was solid. If there was any subscriber who had difficulty getting the line due to CRIS not being up, please e-mail me and I will be happy to refund the credit.

DrH: Guessing the market we released into today was miles more mature than some of your pre-overnight MLB releases before most offs are even up, but good luck to you as well.