Betting Talk

Jose Fernandez killed

NemaNema Senior Member
edited October 2016 in Sports Betting
Died in a boating accident this morning. Marlins game cancelled today.

Comments

• warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Bonkers...such a loss to the game could have been one of the greats
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm devastated, I can't form the words to express how I feel right now, it hasn't even sunk in yet
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Terrible news RIP
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Terrible news RIP

OT, I can't stop crying, Jose was my guy, I can't even function right now, this can't be happening
    edited September 2016
    kane wrote: »
    OT, I can't stop crying, Jose was my guy, I can't even function right now, this can't be happening

It's a terrible thing to wake up to. As a baseball fan you can see his passion for the game and it was really a trill to watch him pitch. 24 years old and the world at his feet and this has to happen. Although not knowing him personally one can see from dugout shots and interviews he was loved and respected. Reality just smacks you in the face. I can't imagine what his family is going through right now.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    "A toxicology report from the Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner Department showed that cocaine and multiple other substances were detected in Fernandez's blood. Fernandez, 24, had a blood alcohol content of .147, nearly twice the legal limit, when his boat crashed into a Miami Beach jetty Sept. 25."

The loss of life is bad enough without the negative supplements. This autopsy report wasn't gonna be released, but the Miami Herald sued for the contents.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited October 2016
    part of the multiple other substances were masking agents used to hide cocaine use, not that it matters.
    edited October 2016
    A 24 year old partying and who hasn't done what he did at that age as far as the drugs and booze.
    I believe He hits that Jetty stone sober his mistake was getting in the boat in the black of night. A good kid from what I see just bad judgement that he didn't walk away from.