Betting Talk

Pinnacle alternate closing lines/odds?

PP865PP865 Senior Member
edited August 2016 in Sports Betting
Like, let's say I grab Packers+3-110 and the line closes at Packers+2-115. I'd want to know the odds that Pinnacle had for +3 at the closer.

Is there anywhere/anyway I can find that information?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    if you pull pinnacles api line feed all alt lines are listed.

https://www.pinnacle.com/en/api
  • PP865PP865 Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    durito wrote: »

How are you getting the lines and odds after the lines were closed? I can see the lines when the match is in-play or if the match is upcoming, but when I try to get the line after they're closed, I just get NULL errors on everything.
    edited August 2016
    I insert every line change into a database so the last one for any given game is the closer.
    edited August 2016
    I insert every line change into a database so the last one for any given game is the closer.

I'm not at all versed with that type of stuff, I'm just trying to cheat my way into getting the odds for my CLV% (using the last Pinny line) formula in my spreadsheet. Do I have an easier way of doing that?
    edited August 2016
    Using historical push percentages should work the same.
    edited August 2016
    I'd rather just have the Pinnacle closing line, right now I'm doing it mostly manually and would rather not change what I already set up.

How did you make it so it would insert every line change automatically?
    edited August 2016
    Are you pulling the pinny lines from their api? I just have a python script that pulls the api every 5 seconds and runs through and inserts each changed line into a mysql database.
    edited August 2016
    Yeah. At least I think so. I was trying to use Python earlier, but I couldn't make out a script that worked. I'm using github/marcoblume/pinnacle.API in RStudio, if that means anything to you. I'm really clueless when it comes to this stuff.
    edited August 2016
    Yea it's gonna be a bunch of work if you are just starting programming.

I've seen the R pinnacle api, i'm not using much r these days, have my own functions in python for everything. I'd be happy to share some python functions for grabbing lines, but not sure if that's going to help.

If you don't want to program at all, the quickest way would be using the push percentages imo. Then you can just grab the closer from any website (the lines page here for example). Just make an excel sheet or something with the push percentages and your edge is easily calculated.

Here's some nfl lines/odds if you need https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jjrk7469deue0a/nfllines.csv?dl=0
    edited August 2016
    If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see your python functions that you're willing to share that can help me grabbing the alternate closing lines. I don't mind doing a bunch of work, I have to get this done either way.
    edited August 2016
    def getOddsInit(USER, PASS, sportId):
        ##pull from pin with authentication
        auth = HTTPBasicAuth(USER, PASS)
        headers = {'Content-type':'text/json'}
        r = requests.get(url= "https://api.pinnaclesports.com/v1/odds?sportId=%s"%(sportId), auth=auth, headers=headers)
        rJson = json.loads(r.text)    
        since = rJson.get('last')
        return(rJson, since)

def getOdds(USER, PASS, sportId, last):
        ##pull from pin with authentication
        auth = HTTPBasicAuth(USER, PASS)
        headers = {'Content-type':'application/json'}
        r = requests.get(url= "https://api.pinnaclesports.com/v1/odds?sportid=%s&since=%s"%(sportId, last), auth=auth, headers=headers)
        rJson = json.loads(r.text)
        since = rJson.get('last')
        return(rJson, since)

First will pull current odds, needs your pinny USER name and PW and the sportId, returns the lines in JSON and the last parameters ---- this is important. The first pull is delayed 60 seconds on pinny's end. When you include the last paramenter it will give you all the lines that have changed since that number.

I just initially pull the first(really never now unless my script breaks for some reason) and then loop through and pull with the last every 5 seconds.

Unless you are logging the lines somewhere there's no way to know what the closer is, i guess unless you have it run at post for every game and just save that line.
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the help.

One last question, is it possible to do multiple sportId at once? Like, if I wanna pull the odds from Baseball, Basketball and Football.
    edited August 2016
    No you have to do it in separate pulls. At one pt I was using a few differents accounts on different servers so i could check each sport every 5 seconds. Now I just cycle through them every few seconds on one account. Miss the very occasional line move I'm sure but don't really care.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    panama or colombia this season durito???
    edited August 2016
    panama or colombia this season durito???

Stuck in Denver for probably another 10 years while kiddo goes to school. You still in CR?
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    oh damn USA that is not ideal... but family first

yes in CR but would like to look at other options after this season, gl to you!!
  • stevebodnarstevebodnar Senior Member
    edited August 2016

great help here. always wanted something like this from Pinnacle