Betting Talk

Wrestling in Rio

tro19tro19 Senior Member
edited August 2016 in Sports Betting
Found these odds at the Greek

Gold Medal 86 KG Freestyle

Abdulrashid Sadulaev -185 (2 units)

Clearly the best wrestler in this weight. He should dominate through this Olympics and probably through the next as well. One of the most dominating wrestlers I've ever witnessed.

75 KG Women's Freestyle

Adeline Grey -125 (1 unit)

Her accomplishments speak for herself. 3 time world champion and IMO the best wrestler in this class. She dominated Qian last time around and is looking better than ever. She seems to just wrestle harder than any of her opponents, which is what makes her so great. I think Marzalyuk maybe her toughest test here, but Grey is just better IMO

59 KG Greco Roman

Jessie Thielke +6000 (.25 units)
Don't understand the huge odds here. He's wrestled internationally for quite a few years and shown he can compete in world competition. He left UW to focus on training for the Olympics. He's shown he can dominate as he did in the trials. Had a little trouble in second match in the finals, but pulled through. Do I think he's the gold medal favorite here? Obviously no. But I do think he can make a run and the price is too ridiculous to not put down at least a quarter of a unit.

Comments

• tro19tro19 Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Does anyone else here know where I can find wrestling odds for Rio? I was unaware they don't offer US accounts
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2016
    tro19 wrote: »
    Does anyone else here know where I can find wrestling odds for Rio? I was unaware they don't offer US accounts

5Dimes
    edited August 2016
    Thoughts on the 74 kg freestyle

Although Jordan Burroughs is arguably the best US wrestler in history outside of Dan Gable, I believe that at +350 (5 Dimes) Aniuar Geduev is worth a look. I think there is great value there
    edited August 2016
    Burroughs loses to Geduev and then loses big (11-1 I believe) for the bronze. Then the Russian Geduev goes down in the final. Crazy! Grey loses to Marzaliuk and doesn't medal. Thielke loses in the quarters and makes a bold statement saying he "Will never lose another match again."
    edited August 2016
    Sadulaev takes gold