• crazyivan24crazyivan24 Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    You like Bolt?
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    You like Bolt?

Yes,
    I like the -140 right now,
    but a bit careful after his hamstring scare. He did win a race after the slight hamstring pull, but waiting for more news from his training in Rio itself.

Am also waiting for the Rowing, Cycling and more swimming odds to be released.
    edited August 2016
    Netherlands total gold medals won:
    Over 7.5 +115

Here are a couple of Dutch sporters who are favorites or have a realistic chance of winning the gold medal. I didn't even get to check the swimming team and some other disciplines yet, but the Dutch delegation is much bigger than in London 2012.
    Kim Polling - Judo Women 70kg
    Tom Dumoulin - Men's Cycling Time Trial
    Marianne Vos - Women's Cycling Street Race
    Dafne Schippers - Athletics 100m and 200m
    Field Hockey Men
    Field Hockey Women
    Paulis/ Head - Rowing Female Light Duo
    Epke Zonderland - Gymnastics Men's Horizontal Bar (gold medal performance in London https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IQ4f6La3Xo )
    edited August 2016
    Men's Atlethics 100m sprint:

- Usain Bolt for gold -142 (CRIS)
    This number should be much higher. More around -200 for me to think there's no value there. There's basically nobody that can run with him. Will wait till after the qualifying sprints to add more to this position if the number is still there (and his hammy didn't flare up).
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-science-behind-sprinter-usain-bolts-speed-1469737175

Men's Cycling Time Trial
    - Tom Dumoulin +180 (5D)
    The parcours is relatively flat with a couple of small hills to climb. Nothing that would suit Froome better than Dumoulin as Froome is a better climber than Dumoulin. The distance of 55 km is also as such that it will filter out any other riders that might have great legs over a shorter distance. Dumoulin should be the favourite here. Froome is good, but Dumoulin is better. Getting +180 for something that should be around -110/-120 is great value.

Women's Cycling Road Race
    - Marianne Vos wins +600 (risk 0.33 to win 2 units)
    - Anna van der Breggen +400 (risk 0.5 to win 2 units)
    Marianne Vos is the older and more experienced rider, she's also the London gold medalist in this event. Anna van der Breggen is participating in her first olympics and has dominated the field over the last 2 years. The Netherlands also one of only 5 countries with 4 riders represented in the race. USA, Germany, Italy and Australia are the other 4.
    edited August 2016
    Odds are up for rowing:

Women Lightweight Double Sculls:
    - Netherlands (Paulis/Head) to win gold +145
    I had hoped that they would have a better price here. Due to an injury in March they had to use the last straw to qualify for Rio. Which were the Luzern championships in June. There they simply obliterated the remaining contenders for the final spot in Rio and en passant rowed the fastest time of the year.
    edited August 2016
    Women's Middleweight (70kg) Judo,
    - Kim Polling wins gold +325 (0.4 unit)
    Usually throws everybody on their backs. Let's hope she doesn't choke. Which unfortunately has happened in the past.

Gymnastics
    - Epke Zonderland wins men's horizontal bar +175 (0.5 unit)
    Unfortunately he has a slight injury to his fingers.
    - Kohei Uchimura wins men's horizontal bar +250 (0.2 unit)
    A little insurance.

Sailing
    Women's Radial Class
    - Marit Bouwmeester wins gold +150
    Rightfully the favourite.

Men's RS:X (windsurfing)
    - Dorian van Rijsselberge wins gold +400 (0.3 unit)
    Defending gold medalist. A lot has to go right with the tricky winds in the Ipanema Bay, but has been in the top in this class for a while now.
    edited August 2016
    Obi One wrote: »
    Women's Cycling Road Race
    - Marianne Vos wins +600 (risk 0.33 to win 2 units)
    - Anna van der Breggen +400 (risk 0.5 to win 2 units)
    Marianne Vos is the older and more experienced rider, she's also the London gold medalist in this event. Anna van der Breggen is participating in her first olympics and has dominated the field over the last 2 years. The Netherlands also one of only 5 countries with 4 riders represented in the race. USA, Germany, Italy and Australia are the other 4.

First gold for the Netherlands,
    Anna van der Breggen with the win.
    edited August 2016
    Small update:

Women's Lightweight Double Sculls:
    - Paulis/ Head qualified for the finals with the fastest time. Didn't even have to go all out as they could see other rowers behind them.

Laser Radial:
    - Bouwmeester currently 2nd after 2 races (5th and 6th). 8 races left and then the Medal Race.

Men's RS:X windsurfing:
    - Van Rijsselberge also currently 2nd, but after 3 races (5th, 4th, 1st). 7 races left and then the Medal Race.

Men's Horizontal bar:
    - Epke Zonderland qualified for finals with 3rd best score. Kohei Uchimura had a drop and is out of this competition. (he's still the favourite for Men's Overall Champ though)
    edited August 2016
    Another update:

- I was wrong last time, Paulis / Head had qualified for the semi-finals (not the finals), which they won today to qualify for the finals. Still on gold medal course here.

- Dorian van Rijsselberge had a couple of good finishes in the windsurfing competition and has taken the lead in the standings. He's in first right now.

- Kim Polling was a huge deception as she lost in her first match. Small consolation for her is that she lost to the eventual gold medal winner.

- Tom Dumoulin got silver in the Cycling Time Trial. Very disappointing. While he beat everybody whom he had beaten in the Tour de France time trial too, it was a very surprising win by Fabian Cancellara that robbed him of the gold. For a 35 year old man to come in and beat the best time-trial rider by 47 seconds is in my opinion a question mark raising performance.
    edited August 2016
    Women Lightweight Double Sculls:
    - Netherlands (Paulis/Head) to win gold +145
    I had hoped that they would have a better price here. Due to an injury in March they had to use the last straw to qualify for Rio. Which were the Luzern championships in June. There they simply obliterated the remaining contenders for the final spot in Rio and en passant rowed the fastest time of the year.

Gold it is.
    edited August 2016
    Men's RS:X (windsurfing)
    - Dorian van Rijsselberge wins gold +400 (0.3 unit)
    Defending gold medalist. A lot has to go right with the tricky winds in the Ipanema Bay, but has been in the top in this class for a while now.

Just like in London he locked up the gold medal before the final race, where the points count double. He's won 7 of 12 races.
    edited August 2016
    Update:

- Dafne Schippers just came in 5th in the women's 100 meters. If you just saw the race you could see that she had great close-out speed. It's that speed that's going to win her the gold medal in the 200m.

- Did you notice the crazy fast times of Florence Griffith Joyner that still stand as the Women's world records on the 100 and 200m? Couldn't help but think that if those records are still not close to being challenged nowadays, the logical conclusion would be that she was doped as fuck. Also made me realise that she'd probably be suffering from the effects, like Kirby Puckett did and many others from that era. I just looked up her wiki, and she's been dead for 20 years (rip 1997). Wondering what she'd rather have, her life or the records?

- I saw Usain Bolt race this morning, and it looked to me like he was grabbing his hamstring slightly at the end of the race.

- Marit Bouwmeester is leading in the Laser Radial class. Monday is the medal race, where points count double. She can finish 1st through 4th and be guaranteed of the gold medal.

- Netherlands now with 4 gold medals, going to be hard to get to the 7.5 I bet on, but not impossible. Still have Marit, Epke, Dafne, and the 2 hockey teams that are realistic candidates for gold.
    edited August 2016
    Bouwmeester just won gold in sailing. Together with a couple of golds on the 10km swim, this brings the Dutch tally to 8 golds so far.

With Dafne Schippers (-200) and Epke Zonderland +175 (0.5 unit) pending, current result is +5.37 units.
    edited August 2016
    Schippers won silver, Epke tumbled hard from the horizontal bar.

Net result +2.87 units