Betting Talk

betting talk contest ...sorry

jets96jets96 Senior Member
edited July 2016 in Sports Betting
Sorry to start new thread ....how about starting our own football contest, same rules as super contest including the last five weeks....just an idea ..just like the march madness contest maybe RAS can through in some prize credits. Not sure if that site we use for basketball has anything for football.

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    $100 entry fee for participating?

1st - 55%
    2nd- 30%
    3rd - 15%
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    If this doesn't get off the ground here there is one at Peeps that anyone can enter whether they post there or not. Same type although I think it's 85 picks with no more than 7 in any week.
  • depaulfan3depaulfan3 Junior Member
    edited July 2016
    Count me in!!
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    what is peeps ???
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Peeps Place aka Offshore Gambling Digest (OGD), another forum.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited July 2016
    jets96 wrote: »
    Sorry to start new thread ....how about starting our own football contest, same rules as super contest including the last five weeks....just an idea ..just like the march madness contest maybe RAS can through in some prize credits. Not sure if that site we use for basketball has anything for football.

Good idea!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Just my 2c

First Good Luck. 2nd If you had 100 guys a $100 buy-in wouldn't be bad but you gamble everyday so I don't believe $300 buy-in is really that bad. 30 guys 9k now if you win at least you get a package. also if you wanted you can give a $100 a week to a perfect score that week more then one perfect score they split the $100. so that's $1700 off the top. Still leaves you with a nice Win,Place and Show money.

Pick 5 games your top game will have a * next to it and that will be worth two points and the other four will be worth one point.
    I ran this contest for years in the early to mid 2000's. We use to get 80/100 people every year and the buy-in was $250 at that time.
    People still email me and ask me if I'm going to run it again. Now you pay a $1 a head or something like that and there sites that do it all for you. All you have to do is set it up the way you want it and they take care of it. The only thing about that is someone has to hold the money. I'm in one already for a $300 buy in and they should get close to a 100 people. One suggestion would be use a 1/2 point parlay card for that weeks game odds. It comes out Thursday early evening so there's no pushes. you would need some rules like you can't bet both sides ETC: but it's not going to happen you know BT's policy. It's a shame because the traffic if you would get enough people would be fun again and the side action could be great.
    Just my 2c and good luck and if you need an impartial person to put the line up or keep a record I would consider it if it helps.

:clover:
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm in
    edited July 2016
    I think even though people are gamblers here, i dont think they will send money to just anywhere, that being said, If the people who run this site put up credits ,you will get plenty of people in the contest , it won't cost a thing, and it would be fun watching the standings each week.
    I dont know what site we could use to keep track of standings , ill look around , any suggestions
    edited July 2016
    I think even though people are gamblers here, i dont think they will send money to just anywhere, that being said, If the people who run this site put up credits ,you will get plenty of people in the contest , it won't cost a thing, and it would be fun watching the standings each week.
    I dont know what site we could use to keep track of standings , ill look around , any suggestions

I never said you would sent money to a site that keeps the records. I said you would need somebody to hold the money. Since you brought it up and someone brings it up every year but nothing gets done here. Ebemiss would be perfect for the whole thing. Put up list and see how many you get and you can go from there. Don't know what you mean by credits get a list send ebemiss what money you decide set the rules and go it's not that hard. I've been on the net in contests for cash for years side action and all and nobody is running away. You want to do a fun contest or have someone else put up the prize money Good Luck.

PS: Go to peeps place for the $100 contest but you still have to send money. They run a nice contest and it's updated every week
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    My 2 cents-- I would love to see a college contest-- but, I know it'll never happen.
    edited July 2016
    golden nugget has a 2 grand ...college and pro combined
  • depaulfan3depaulfan3 Junior Member
    edited July 2016
    Can we do any contest here?
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Agree OT not that hard. Can set up office pool site like we had for march madness. Log onto it and make your picks.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2016
    Sorry, but again we cannot facilitate a contest where people send in money.

We will put together something that is free with some RAS credits or some other prizes to make it interesting.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    We've tried putting contests together in the past and nothing ever gets off the ground. Someone start this one and let's do it. I like OT's rules above.
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited July 2016
    cpech56 wrote: »
    We've tried putting contests together in the past and nothing ever gets off the ground. Someone start this one and let's do it. I like OT's rules above.

We'll probably do something more similar to this in place of the survivor contest we did last year.
    edited July 2016
    just looking at the site we use for bracket contest ....tournament pools and it looks like we can put something together there...5 picks one key pick...
    edited July 2016
    I just set one up , pretty easy
    edited July 2016
    I just set one up , pretty easy

I'm in and likely can get a few buddies to join as well if you're serious about this.
    edited July 2016
    Any football contest they decide to put on here will strictly be for those that by Ras service plays/credits. Obviously that doesnt include the bowl competition at the end of the season, just referencing his post in this thread. That's fine and dandy for those that invest in his service for the year.
  • ct5320ct5320 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Any football contest they decide to put on here will strictly be for those that by Ras service plays/credits. Obviously that doesnt include the bowl competition at the end of the season, just referencing his post in this thread. That's fine and dandy for those that invest in his service for the year.

I don't think that is what Ed was saying. I think he was talking about putting up RAS credits as the prize, not that you have to have RAS credits to enter.
    edited July 2016
    ct is right....am not sure what am allowed to do...i have the contest up now...was just testing it....5 picks a week , one best bet worth two pts.. no pushes because they set up with hooks ...and if they didnt a push would be worth have the pt total , how do i collect money, thats the problem ...i sent out emails to a whole lot of friends ...hoping to get at least 50 people at 100 bucks each...
    edited July 2016
    ct is right....am not sure what am allowed to do...i have the contest up now...was just testing it....5 picks a week , one best bet worth two pts.. no pushes because they set up with hooks ...and if they didnt a push would be worth have the pt total , how do i collect money, thats the problem ...i sent out emails to a whole lot of friends ...hoping to get at least 50 people at 100 bucks each...

That's easy Jets. Venmo or Splittr. Both apps that will work great for this type of thing.
    edited July 2016
    I think i might be a little older then you , what are those apps ...like paypal or something ?? might stupid question just never heard of them
    edited July 2016
    I think i might be a little older then you , what are those apps ...like paypal or something ?? might stupid question just never heard of them

Splittr: http://www.splittrapp.com

Basically what we use it for is when a group of us are all headed on a weekend trip. We set the cost for the weekend expenses on hotel where we want it divided up how ever many ways. Then each guy just sends his $100 in and you are damn sure that the guy has paid that way.

Venmo is pretty much the exact same but also allows you to send me, pay for certain goods,etc.

This is undoubtdely the route to go to ensure no one flakes out. If they quit submitting plays then aleast we have their entry.
    edited July 2016

Just an FYI. Can't believe you don't use or know about paypal but if you or anymore else send money that way send via family/friends and instruct people don't put anything in the comment box. They can bar you from paypal. Paypal is great protection for anything you buy on the net that accepts paypal and most do. 21 Century he we come Jets.
    edited July 2016
    One other thing did you ever buy from ebay? Most only accept paypal and I wouldn't want to give my CC # to anyone that sells on ebay. Not that it's really that bad or can't be trusted and you also have ebay protection which is very good but people can get a lot of personal information just from a CC. Trust me on that.
    edited July 2016
    lol....yes OT i know what paypal is ...thats what my question was to cpech , if the two mentioned were LIKE PAYPAL..
    and i do buy things on ebay as well.
    How you doing in bases ?
This discussion has been closed.