Betting Talk

Top 3 Managers U Think Might get Axed

RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
edited July 2016 in Sports Betting
I'd go with:

Scioscia
Girardi
Longshot Farrell(this will wake up kdog)

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    No Shot for Scioscia or Girardi and the team will save Ferrell who shouldn't be managing any baseball team. Strike three your out. Friendly steak dinner at Flemings could be consider a small wager.

Brad Ausmus (He should have been gone yesterday)
    Chip Hale
    John Gibbons (Unless team saves him)

Paul Molitor gets a pass this year.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    YOU GOTTA BET. Only stip winner's choice of comparable restaurant. I'll choose Lawrys and you got Flemings.

Hale's got injury excuse

Ausmus has the team talent to overcome his shortcomings. Besides, the team wins in Motown. Live favorite though.

Gibbons? You got something against ex-catchers.lol

if ok, sudden death. First guy to go on either list wins.
    edited June 2016
    No that's not the bet the bet is if any of your three get axed it has nothing to do with mine. Mine are just names I through out there.

But on second thought I'll take that bet and first one out lose's. Game over you have no shot.

sudden death
    edited June 2016
    Watching the Angels how long are they going to go with this batting practice pitcher.
    edited June 2016
    Ok deal. Don't be too shocked if Boss Jr. shitcans Girardi. He's been trying to emulate the old man by calling out by name some of his underachieving stiffs like Headley, Pineda, Tex, etc.

Yep, Weaver is batting practice. Kind of rerun of his older bro. See ya at Lawrys soon. :eating:
    edited June 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Ok deal. Don't be too shocked if Boss Jr. shitcans Girardi. He's been trying to emulate the old man by calling out by name some of his underachieving stiffs like Headley, Pineda, Tex, etc.

Yep, Weaver is batting practice. Kind of rerun of his older bro. See ya at Lawrys soon. :eating:

Tex has been done for the last 5 years it's just that nobody has told him. I watched Headley when he first came up and seen him in person a few times never thought there was anything special about him. Pineda there's still hope when he's on he's special. JG gets the most out of his players regardless of who he has. Didn't like him but boy I was wrong he's going nowhere. Cashman would go before him. The Yankees are building and still staying competitive while they build JG will be around for a while. ask for Iron Crusted when you order your Steak have to try it nobody does it better then Flemings. I'm checking to see if If Lawry's has Lobster and if they don't no lobster for you at Flemings. :)
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    agree , no way they let him go during this turnover....need to get some of the kids up who can fucking hit
    edited June 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    ask for Iron Crusted when you order your Steak have to try it nobody does it better then Flemings

I might lose this bet today with an AZ collapse.
    edited June 2016
    Any other opinions are welcome if anyone GAF. No side bets are required either.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    I just wish I lived in Vegas so I could have dinner with y'all, would be a good time, and I like to eat.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    I'd go with:

Scioscia
    Girardi
    Longshot Farrell(this will wake up kdog)

LOL, Scioscia I agree with but the other two would surprise me. Off what I've seen lately add Hale and Matheny to my list. Maybe Hurdle too. Braves guy is just a short term seat warmer too but everyone including him knows it so he doesn't count.
    edited June 2016
    I might lose this bet today with an AZ collapse.

Funny I had Philly and haven't looked at the score since it was 7-4 and pretty much gave up on the game after tieing 4-4 and then down 7-4 you know how that usually goes. Then I see your post and thought I won the game and then looked to see it was tied at 8-8 and said fuck they're going to twist it also. Can't believe I pulled that one out.
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    If Whitesox miss playoffs, I'd say it is around 75-80% that Ventura is gone.
    edited July 2016
    The Arizona Diamondbacks continue their weekend series against the Reds at Great American Ball Park with manager Chip Hale's job status looming over the club.:eating:

Edit: For old's time sake Flemings has a Sunday/Monday special 3 course Prime Rib dinner for just $30 and add a glass of wine to that. See you soon.:peace:
    edited July 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    The Arizona Diamondbacks continue their weekend series against the Reds at Great American Ball Park with manager Chip Hale's job status looming over the club.

Don't work up an appetite yet. I'm counting on a vote of confidence(lol) and RRay today and Godley(omg) Sunday to stay the execution.