Betting Talk

Greatest NFL Defensive Coach Passes @80 something

RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
edited June 2016 in Sports Betting
Buddy Ryan was the best as evidenced by his '85 Bears. He was the architect of the "4-6" and took no crap.........even from HC Ditka. R.I.P

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2016
    +1

I was a kid when he coached the Eagles. Some great quotes from him below...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/206451/the-humor-of-buddy-ryan-his-10-greatest-quotes
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Buddy Ryan was the best as evidenced by his '85 Bears. He was the architect of the "4-6" and took no crap.........even from HC Ditka. R.I.P

My dad would rally my brother and I around the TV when the 85 Bears were playing...........My earliest memory of watching sports with him.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    I remember I was rooting for the Bears to be only 2nd team in history to go undefeatex in season. Ironic the team to beat them that year was Miamii who is the only team to go udefeated in 1972.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    chuckh wrote: »
    Ironic the team to beat them that year was Miamii who is the only team to go udefeated in 1972.

I remember the game well Chuck. We needed the Bears that day for a big decision. Marino led Dolphins jumped out 21-0 and hung on.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Stand corrected 21point half-time lead. Either way, it was a bad day. Miami plus and over compounded a bad week.