Betting Talk

move on Tor

old schoolold school Banned
edited June 2016 in Sports Betting
why has the line moved on Tor? I like CWS at -117.

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    my line was chw -136 ..right on to the opener ...dropping ...like you said...why who know s...the way i look at baseball is , if the line moves with me or against me ,i dont give a rats ass...everyone know who the pitcher is ...and i dont care about late scratches like basketball...i just think that once a line gets to be an advantage according to the handicapper they hit it and then people follow...i have a number,that number has to be off a certain amount at the time of the bet...thats it...made about on avg 10 cents per play yesterday and i lost....today on the first three games that are off ...am losing 7 cents worth ,we will see what happens... i think most people who bet baseball over react to players not in the lineup...pitchers metrics everyone knows about , big moves cant be on pitchers, could it ?

Hey ot was it you that said you worried more about moves on the open then on the close ??

who else you like today
  • old schoolold school Banned
    edited June 2016
    I liked CWS at -130 with Sale over Stroman. At -117 it is an excellent bet. I look to fade steam from the opening line when it makes no sense. CWS have a huge edge in pitching: 2.8 ERA vs 5.2, 1.0 WHIP vs 1.4. No other bets today.
    edited June 2016
    ok good luck
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    jets96 wrote: »
    my line was chw -136 ..right on to the opener ...dropping ...like you said...why who know s...the way i look at baseball is , if the line moves with me or against me ,i dont give a rats ass...everyone know who the pitcher is ...and i dont care about late scratches like basketball...i just think that once a line gets to be an advantage according to the handicapper they hit it and then people follow...i have a number,that number has to be off a certain amount at the time of the bet...thats it...made about on avg 10 cents per play yesterday and i lost....today on the first three games that are off ...am losing 7 cents worth ,we will see what happens... i think most people who bet baseball over react to players not in the lineup...pitchers metrics everyone knows about , big moves cant be on pitchers, could it ?

Hey ot was it you that said you worried more about moves on the open then on the close ??

who else you like today

No I didn't say that but I do pay attention to the moves about an hour or so before game time. Don't really give a shit I Play the way I play and always try to get the best number possible. Here's something for ya Played Det and Cinn last night Det -123 close -146 at Cris getting killed Cinn played -133 and could have got -123 early this morning but closed in the low 40's from what I've noticed lately the later moves seem to be holding up.

Who knows head fakes groups that are cold or hot you'll drive yourself crazy. Get the best number that you feel it is and play. Also played Under Mia 6.5 -105 and LB the Mets at +165 also played the LAA at -104 Well good luck to you and hope the boy is doing good and don't let them abuse him an investment now could pay off and I want tickets.
    edited June 2016
    took cws once it dropped to -108 local guy gave me -105 ....

Kid had his first bad day in a very long time...Todd Frazier has a tounament in jersey so he pitched Saturday ...up against a team with 6 Div one players , he did ok but one of those games where the ball found every hole on the field ....they cant pitch well in every single game ...he will have days like that , it bothered him but , he just moves on to next game next weekend ...

good luck ot and thank you
    edited June 2016
    OT ...LOOK at the hou game ...i dont get it ...my line hou -138 ..opened close to what it should be -125 at pinny, now a dog which doesnt bother me in the least they are 10-3 vs right handers as a dog..