Betting Talk

Why was this bet canceled

cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
edited June 2016 in Sports Betting
Someone please Bovada's reasoning to me. I was given the green confirmation for the play and it was submitted prior to plate appearance. I logged in to find the following under wager history and no explanation from Bovada.

$1915.31
Bet History

Please Note: It may take up to 45 seconds for a settled wager to be displayed under your Bet History.
Transaction for 1 Day
Date
Jun 25, 2016
Time
0:57 AM
Reference
Placed by
Web
Risk$100.00
To Win
$600.00
Single #672869855

Baseball - MLB - What will the outcome of this plate appearance be? · AB: Dae Ho Lee, P: Trevor Rosenthal · 0 Out · 9th Inning

St. Louis Cardinals @ Seattle Mariners

Walk or HBP 0.0 (+600) Jun 24, 2016 10:10 PM

Outcome: Canceled
Date settled: Jun 25, 2016 1:01 AM

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Someone please Bovada's reasoning to me. I was given the green confirmation for the play and it was submitted prior to plate appearance. I logged in to find the following under wager history and no explanation from Bovada.

$1915.31
    Bet History

Please Note: It may take up to 45 seconds for a settled wager to be displayed under your Bet History.
    Transaction for 1 Day
    Date
    Jun 25, 2016
    Time
    0:57 AM
    Reference
    Placed by
    Web
    Risk$100.00
    To Win
    $600.00
    Single #672869855

Baseball - MLB - What will the outcome of this plate appearance be? · AB: Dae Ho Lee, P: Trevor Rosenthal · 0 Out · 9th Inning

Walk or HBP 0.0 (+600) Jun 24, 2016 10:10 PM

Outcome: Canceled
    Date settled: Jun 25, 2016 1:01 AM

Bad Line.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Bad Line.

How is that a bad line?

I inquired and they paid me for it today.
    edited June 2016
    How is that a bad line?

I inquired and they paid me for it today.

It was a good bet into an off line. Surprised they honored it. TRosenthal has been a mess the last 8or9 weeks. He walks almost 1 per inning last 24. You do the math. Matheny is nuts to continue going to this gas can when other options are available.
    edited June 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    It was a good bet into an off line. Surprised they honored it. TRosenthal has been a mess the last 8or9 weeks. He walks almost 1 per inning last 24. You do the math. Matheny is nuts to continue going to this gas can when other options are available.

I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan. Who do you suggest using instead? They've got a plethora of money invested in Trevor. I'd be okay with Siegrist but there's not many other options right now. Maybe stick OH in there but he's been phenomenal as a setup man.

I spoke too soon, they put it in my account only to take it back out 20 minutes later....still waiting on a response.
    edited June 2016
    I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan. Who do you suggest using instead? They've got a plethora of money invested in Trevor. I'd be okay with Siegrist but there's not many other options right now. Maybe stick OH in there but he's been phenomenal as a setup man.

I spoke too soon, they put it in my account only to take it back out 20 minutes later....still waiting on a response.

I'd go with the Asian and use TR as set up man. He's a head case right now. If TR fails in the setup role..............then start him.
    edited June 2016
    adding........it can be a detriment to you posting this beef. I sure as shit would never defend Bovada these days. Hope they aren't reading.
    edited June 2016
    Not sure how this is considered beef. I didnt knowingly bet into a bad line. I know TR sucks and I liked the chances. How can they confirm it and then take it back and cancel it after its already won.
    edited June 2016
    Small window to bet and then realize a position they didn't like.:thumbdown:
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Doesn't look like a bad line to me. Sure, if you take a snapshot of time exactly over the period where he had his most trouble, then it might look off, but any other snapshot of time shows it isn't off by much.

Here are his numbers for three different time periods this year:

5/7/2016 batters faced = 78 walks = 17 (this was his worst period)
    6/1/2016 batters faced = 39 walks = 7
    4/5/2016 batters faced = 116 walks = 20 (entire season)

Maybe the line was a tad high, but certainly not egregious, and should not have been canceled on those grounds.
    edited June 2016
    Now this is the bs excuse these cock lovers are providing me with.

Any way for me to prove that it was not?

We're sorry for the confusion about your wager.

Your wager has been graded as 'Void' as it was placed past post. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused but the line was left up too long in error and your wager has been deemed invalid.

Here are your bet details:

SETTLED SINGLE #672869855 (Voided) (Placed by web)
    Baseball - MLB - What will the outcome of this plate appearance be? · AB: Dae Ho Lee, P: Trevor Rosenthal · 0 Out · 9th Inning - Match
    Walk or HBP +600, Jun 24/16@10:10p (Void)
    Risked US$ 100.00 to win US$ 600.00
    edited June 2016
    You guys know as well as I do that these bets close early if anything and lock up so you cannot put it in or even see the line. And they wonder why they get a bad rap for their live betting.

They've now edited the wager in my history folder twice. First as "Canceled" now as "Void"
    edited June 2016
    Rosenthal no longer closing.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Bovada will void any live wager at their discretion if they don't like it.
    edited June 2016
    Doesn't look like a bad line to me. Sure, if you take a snapshot of time exactly over the period where he had his most trouble, then it might look off, but any other snapshot of time shows it isn't off by much.

Here are his numbers for three different time periods this year:

5/7/2016 batters faced = 78 walks = 17 (this was his worst period)
    6/1/2016 batters faced = 39 walks = 7
    4/5/2016 batters faced = 116 walks = 20 (entire season)

Maybe the line was a tad high, but certainly not egregious, and should not have been canceled on those grounds.

Subsets/averaging are fine, but you are diluting from current form(bad). We must also consider injury, mechanics or headcase here. Atleast one apply here.