Betting Talk

Trip to Dodger stadium, need advice on tickets, etc

minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
edited June 2016 in Sports Betting
Leaving next week from Chicago, heading to LA, with the wife and 2 kids, ages 10 and 12. Can't wait to to see Dodger stadium. Grew up and still am a Cubs fan, but the Dodgers of the 70-80's were my favorites. So we are going the Dodgers/braves game on Saturday June 4. It's a night game. I have looked for tickets at their website and they are available and seem reasonable.

Just wondering if we should buy the cheaper ones to get us into the park and then move around, going to better seats. How is the parking? Neighborhood? Etc..

Help me out guys!

Thanks!

Comments

• bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Don't plan on moving around. You can't change levels so you're better off buying seats where you want to watch the game. Big parking lot with stop and go lights no less. It's not really in a neighborhood. Kind of its own little island. Enjoy your trip.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    I agree with bumpo and go every year to see the Cubbies. After the game kill about 30 minutes in the gift shop they have some kool stuff and it will be a lot easier to get out. On 2nd thought if you have kids stay out of the gift shop and wait in the car.:laughing:
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Bumpo and OT. Looks like Kershaw will be going on Friday, one day before I get there. Damn!

Anyway, they have 20 different types of seats. Reserved, vip, lower box,, etc.

Any recommendations on what section we should get? Not looking for the outfield.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    minger2123 wrote: »
    Thanks Bumpo and OT. Looks like Kershaw will be going on Friday, one day before I get there. Damn!

Anyway, they have 20 different types of seats. Reserved, vip, lower box,, etc.

Any recommendations on what section we should get? Not looking for the outfield.

I always get between Home and First or between Home and Third one or two levels up. Don't like field level always looking up everything is in front you when you sit a level or two up. I should be there end of August and catch a night game and day game the next day and with the cubs playing it's going to cost me pretty good. Had a connection but he passed a couple of years ago RIP. It's a great stadium. Can't believe I didn't go see the Yankees play Arizona a couple of weeks ago. Have a great time there's nothing like a baseball game OMO better ten any other sport in person.
    Have a great time and a Dodger dog.
    edited May 2016
    Haha! Dodger dogs is on the "to do" list. Thanks
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    parking is 20, I suggest parking outside stadium on elysian parkway, it will be easier to get out. I suggest leaving in the 8th inning if game is not close.
    edited June 2016
    Had a great time. Went today, Sunday, got 4 tickets along the right field foul pole. Saw Tommy Lasorda and was able to move around the stadium pretty good.. The being home a W and the over.

And I got me a few dodger dogs!!