Betting Talk

Wow, Pelicans' guard Bryce Dejean-Jones dead at 23

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited May 2016 in Sports Betting
No mention of the cause of death yet. Will try to update when I hear more. Guy flashed some potential this year.

Comments

• Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Now saying he was shot in the abdomen on Friday and bled to death.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    What's wrong with these kids why do they put themselves in bad spots. being an NBA player really doesn't mean anything in the Hood if anything it works against you. Losing your life what a shame. I don't know the story so I could be off base but it's usually the case.
    edited May 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    What's wrong with these kids why do they put themselves in bad spots. being an NBA player really doesn't mean anything in the Hood if anything it works against you. Losing your life what a shame. I don't know the story so I could be off base but it's usually the case.

Unfortunately you are probably right. Guy didn't last long at USC, punched a teammate, sounds like he caused some problems, etc... went to UNLV where he got suspended a few times, had a few more fights, says a teammate threatened to shoot him... finished up at Iowa State where I was hoping he had cleaned up his act but got arrested for hosting a drug house. Charges were dropped but trouble always has seemed to follow him.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Jake T. wrote: »
    Unfortunately you are probably right. Guy didn't last long at USC, punched a teammate, sounds like he caused some problems, etc... went to UNLV where he got suspended a few times, had a few more fights, says a teammate threatened to shoot him... finished up at Iowa State where I was hoping he had cleaned up his act but got arrested for hosting a drug house. Charges were dropped but trouble always has seemed to follow him.

He was so blessed but obviously didn't have the right people around him or maybe success came to fast to easy. People make the final choice on the way they live so you can't blame anyone but him. I remember 23 you think your superman but the world is a very sick and dangerous place to think that way. So RIP a 23 year kid.
    edited May 2016
    Yup, he was shot breaking into an apartment...

CjkYvPwUUAAYkH6.jpg
    edited May 2016
    Marc J. Spears @MarcJSpearsESPN<;br>
    Bryce Dejean-Jones inadvertently entered door of the wrong apartment when shot to death while trying to go to his child's mom's home, source
    edited May 2016
    Sad if that is true but why was he showing up at 4AM and kicking down doors in the first place?
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Jake T. wrote: »
    Sad if that is true but why was he showing up at 4AM and kicking down doors in the first place?

Evidently it was his daughter's first birthday, but sounds like mom wasn't being too hospitable. Very sad, he definitely had his issues as he was going through the college level, most of the feedback from his former teammates and coaches was positive and he worked hard to get to the next level. Family issues can elicit emotions that can overtake reasonable thinking, sounds like this was the case and in turn it tragically ended his life. Like other Rebel players of late during Rice's tenure, he could take over a game at times and other times would just disappear. Unfortunately, this time he has disappeared from this life at a time when he finally reached his life goal. RIP BDJ.