Betting Talk

Just my Take on the Cleveland vs Toronto series

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited June 2016 in Sports Betting
We talked about it the other day and I know it sounds like 20/20 but I felt this way all along. How does Cleveland lose two games to this club baffles me. Here's my take.

I disagree with Toronto being a good club. Yes in the East they're but Games 3 and 4 in this series reminds me of a team that takes another team so lightly they feel they could win at any time and then they look up and there down 20 with 10 minutes to go. IDK is Lebron trying to save energy knowing they can take Toronto at any time I mean is he that Cocky. I really don't know what's the story with Cleveland. But I do know they can beat G.St but OKC maybe a different story. I'm not talking dump or anything like that I'm just talking not being prepare knowing your that much better. I know Cleveland can win the same amount of games that they won in the East 57 they were 22-8 in the West while Toronto was 17-13 this team Toronto team would fight for there lives in the west where Cleveland would get one of the top 3 spots. There's a person here (Trying to be nice) that really thinks home court means that much when two teams are so far apart. It's just lack of preparation. So I'll leave it like that. Just one man's opinion and anyone on ignore please don't respond I can't see you.:laughing:

Comments

• rookrook Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Always enjoy your posts Old-Timer. Sometimes I felt like I was reading Robert Deniro posts, so I guess I need to get used to the new avatar!

From your post I am getting the impression you see OKC beating the Warriors tonight -- are you betting on it, or is that just a lean?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    rook wrote: »
    Always enjoy your posts Old-Timer. Sometimes I felt like I was reading Robert Deniro posts, so I guess I need to get used to the new avatar!

From your post I am getting the impression you see OKC beating the Warriors tonight -- are you betting on it, or is that just a lean?

If I play them it would be a ML bet. GS is an awesome team but this year may belong to OKC. Good Luck. Hope this site sees more of you fresh blood is always needed.

Edit: Did they make the Avatars smaller or is it Windows 10 that they put on my computer while I was sleeping. Sneaky bastards.
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    If I play them it would be a ML bet. GS is an awesome team but this year may belong to OKC. Good Luck. Hope this site sees more of you fresh blood is always needed.

Edit: Did they make the Avatars smaller or is it Windows 10 that they put on my computer while I was sleeping. Sneaky bastards.

Thanks Old-Timer. The folks on this forum seem smarter in general than other forums I have seen, with maybe the main drawback being a low volume of posts. (Which might partly be because fewer dumb people are posting.) I'm strictly an NBA guy, though, so I probably won't be lurking around here again much until pre-season starts in October. Have a great summer!
    edited May 2016
    Same to you rook look forward to next season. What happens to this OKC club when they have a lead and then just start rushing shots. They really force and when the 3 isn't working you have a couple of guys that can get to the basket and they bring two defenders with them and lay it off. They way they started tonight without looking at the score they looked like a team going to the final. They were smooth looking and then the 2nd half comes and more times then not they just don't look together. Champs don't play that way. Anyway enjoy the finals talk soon.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    OT - any take on the finals? I think I like the dubs - I know last year CLE gave GSW a run for their money until they got their feet under them, when they realized the first pass out of the double team needs to attack (david lee end of game 3), but I don't know if the current CLE matches up as well with GSW even though they have more "talent" than last years team. Obviously GSW is a much different team than last year, I just think style makes fights (like how CLE was able to pull off 2 wins last year despite being much less talented) and I think GSW win this series because of the matchup with love, irving, and JR matching up on the defensive end. I think GSW will come out and realize this is easier than facing the Thunder, and CLE will realize this is much harder than the LEast. looking forward to it either way.
    edited June 2016
    I agree with what your saying and really don't have much of an opinion in what should be a very close series. Besides GS being the better defense club IMO LB just doesn't have that killer instinct that Jordan and Kobe had and that's why in my eyes He'll never be as good as they were. I watched this man under the basket at the end of games kick it out to a 3 point shooter when an easy slam was there and IMO that's great in the first half getting people involved but the 4th Q belongs to you.

I'm not fan but what I've been hearing and of course you hear a lot of shit that he's not really happy with Curry being called the best player on the planet. The Ref's are calling as little as possible so they need bodies on Curry and Thompson at all times they shoot to quick to wait for them to get the ball they need body on body at all times on these guys. Switching and playing defense the way it needs to played is the only way to try and slow them down and if they make there 30 foot jump shots hey not much you can do. I believe the only way Toronto won two games was because Cleveland fell in love with the three ball which in this case will only lead to to fast break basket and lots of trouble for Cleveland.
    They need LB driving to the hole because there isn't anyone that could stop them.

This isn't the same Cleveland team as last year and they seem to be playing better as the year moved on. Dellavedova becomes an important part again like last year. One thing which isn't good is rebounding which they will get out rebounded most likely every game. They defend the 3 ball as does GS better then league avg and they're going to have to turn it up a notch and be even better. Slow the pace a bit and get back in transition defensive off of missed shots, Can they do that?

Can an outside shooting team win the championship again boy if so has this game changed. I don't bet much in the playoffs the numbers are so locked in that making a profit is very tough. I've made 9 bets so far this playoff season and have won 6 and recently lost my last two. I believe history says if there's a need for action then the Favorite and the Under are the way to go.
    I do think Cleveland's Front count bench is better the GS although it seems Mozgov minutes have disappeared because of Lue using smaller lineups to create more space for the 3 point shot. I think that could be a mistake against GS.

This is a series I could watch without a bet but the phone will be in my hand if an opportunity I feel comes along from LB.
    Pretty much standard stuff and don't think it helped you much. Good Luck
    edited June 2016
    thanks very much for your thoughts - its helpful to me and i enjoy discussing it. im not a pro (far from it) so ill try my hand on a few bets and see whether the coin lands my way
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    OT - any take on the finals? I think I like the dubs - I know last year CLE gave GSW a run for their money until they got their feet under them, when they realized the first pass out of the double team needs to attack (david lee end of game 3), but I don't know if the current CLE matches up as well with GSW even though they have more "talent" than last years team. Obviously GSW is a much different team than last year, I just think style makes fights (like how CLE was able to pull off 2 wins last year despite being much less talented) and I think GSW win this series because of the matchup with love, irving, and JR matching up on the defensive end. I think GSW will come out and realize this is easier than facing the Thunder, and CLE will realize this is much harder than the LEast. looking forward to it either way.

I agree with almost everything you wrote up here. The only disagreement on my part is where you state that 'Obviously GSW is a much different team than last year,' Players 1-12 are the same with the exception of David Lee being traded.

There was word that last year the coaching and analytics department of GSW already resented the injuries to Irving and Love, because they knew they had 2 easy targets on offense. All other players on the Cavalier roster were better defensively than those two. As Cleveland has not played Mozgov for a while now, the current line-up for the Cavs also features very little rim protection, which clearly benefits Curry and Thompson drives and makes Green free to roam again as he does best. That's my take on the good news for GSW. To make things worse for Cleveland: they have looked good so far these playoffs, but they have not met a team with a player that can hang defensively with LeBron. The GSW actually have two that can defend him in Green (less likely) and Iguadala (most likely).

In short: Golden State are rightfully the favourites over Cleveland and it will take super positive variance on 3-point shooting for them to win a couple of games.
    edited June 2016
    Obi One wrote: »
    I agree with almost everything you wrote up here. The only disagreement on my part is where you state that 'Obviously GSW is a much different team than last year,' Players 1-12 are the same with the exception of David Lee being traded.

There was word that last year the coaching and analytics department of GSW already resented the injuries to Irving and Love, because they knew they had 2 easy targets on offense. All other players on the Cavalier roster were better defensively than those two. As Cleveland has not played Mozgov for a while now, the current line-up for the Cavs also features very little rim protection, which clearly benefits Curry and Thompson drives and makes Green free to roam again as he does best. That's my take on the good news for GSW. To make things worse for Cleveland: they have looked good so far these playoffs, but they have not met a team with a player that can hang defensively with LeBron. The GSW actually have two that can defend him in Green (less likely) and Iguadala (most likely).

In short: Golden State are rightfully the favourites over Cleveland and it will take super positive variance on 3-point shooting for them to win a couple of games.

you're right, my wording from what you quoted was pretty bad. what i meant was theyre different because i think klay looks a lot better than last year, i dont think theyll be as jittery as they were last year, and some other small changes. that doesnt equate to "obviously GSW is a much different team than last year"

anyway, thats a really interesting point regarding the injuries/analytics i didnt hear that. i agree, i think im going to play warriors series and assuming they do win ill try to not be right about the series and still manage to lose money overall haha
    edited June 2016
    I think he meant that they're a different team because of the confidence they play with it knowing that staying calm and playing within yourself they're never out of a game. Last year everything was new to them so in IMO it does make them a different team and a better team then last years version. same players just different mind set and reaching another level. there's always another level.
    edited June 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I think he meant that they're a different team because of the confidence they play with it knowing that staying calm and playing within yourself they're never out of a game. Last year everything was new to them so in IMO it does make them a different team and a better team then last years version. same players just different mind set and reaching another level. there's always another level.

yea thats exactly right, my wording was probably too strong. thanks