727 CHA +6.5

Monday,
    503 ATL +7.5
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    for Monday:

509 OKC/SAS O202.5
    510 SAS -7.5

Nothing worked for the Thunder yesterday. They don't have able defenders to stop Kawhi, Green, Parker or Ginobili on the perimeter and they don't have the big guys to stop Aldridge/ Duncan/ West on the inside. On the other hand, the Thunder offense is as bland as can be. Barely any ball movement. Westbrook and Durant are dangerous enough, but the weak supporting cast allows the Spurs to give help on defense and can always tilt their defense toward them. Besides, Popovich is too smart for Donovan. Spurs should romp again and the over is as sure a thing as can be, unless Donovan decides to slow the game down considerably.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Good write up!!
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Obi One wrote: »
    for Monday:

509 OKC/SAS O202.5
    510 SAS -7.
    BEST

Nothing worked for the Thunder yesterday. They don't have able defenders to stop Kawhi, Green, Parker or Ginobili on the perimeter and they don't have the big guys to stop Aldridge/ Duncan/ West on the inside. On the other hand, the Thunder offense is as bland as can be. Barely any ball movement. Westbrook and Durant are dangerous enough, but the weak supporting cast allows the Spurs to give help on defense and can always tilt their defense toward them. Besides, Popovich is too smart for Donovan. Spurs should romp again and the over is as sure a thing as can be, unless Donovan decides to slow the game down considerably.

Grabbing Over 201
    BEST
    edited May 2016

509 OKC/SAS O202.5
    510 SAS -7.5

Feel stupid with these numbers. Could've had (much) better. Still confident in both.
    edited May 2016
    1525 CLE/ATL 1H O101

CLE averaging over 30 points per quarter. So far Atlanta has not been able to stop them. Emergence of Channing Frye makes things even more complicated.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Can Cleveland keep up with this insane 3pt shooting. I don't believe that that Atlanta wins this game %'s say when a team is up 3-0 they close it out regardless of where it's played. I believe it's 66% as a visitor but on a very small sample size so take that with a grain of salt. So I feel Cleveland closes it out but will Cleveland continue to shot the 3's like they have been. They shot 37% during the regular season which is 2% over the league Avg but this is against a team that hold teams to 34% from 3. Can Cleveland sustain I believe it's over 50% from 3pt land you know they're going to try and find out. I have to think that Atlanta tries to slow it down a bit and play the same perimeter D they played all year and if they drop they drop. Hope you hit the Over 1st Half and I hit Under 205 for the game. Mr WH has the 205 -110 Good Luck
    edited May 2016
    Congrats OT,

1530 MIA -2.5 1H

Been looking at that total, and can't wrap my head around the big move upwards. The replacements for JV and Whiteside are both worse on offense and both solid to very good on defense (Biyombo and Haslem). Question is off course how much will they play? Both coaches might trot out very small line-ups during the game. Staying away, but itching to hit the under 194.
    edited May 2016
    1535 OKC +5 1H
    1536 OKC/SAS U100 1H
    edited May 2016
    Excellent work, especially the thinking on the 5/9 Miami/Toronto game total. I know many people who fell in love with the over for other reasons. Great job as usual.
    edited May 2016
    1538 MIA/TOR U94.5

Teams playing at a very low tempo. Both have offences that are stuck. TOR due to players struggling and injuries. Miami due to Whiteside's injury.
    edited May 2016
    2537 MIA -1.5 2 H
    edited May 2016
    2539 POR +12 2H
    edited May 2016
    545 TOR +4.5 Game 6
    edited May 2016
    Updated record: 24-19-1 for +3.1 units
    edited May 2016
    With TOR +4.5 pending

Adding SAS/ OKC 1H O94
  • imported_fools_goldimported_fools_gold Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Up +3.1 Units and you think you know it all ....Lmao

you aren't who you think you are OBI
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited May 2016

Is he the guy betting against his own plays? Im confused!
    edited May 2016

Still better than being down -2.5 units, isn't it?

Please understand that I tried to point out a flaw in your bets. I asked you a question politely, and hoped I could help you. It's not smart betting when you jump into a worse position at halftime, than that your original full game bet was. Any explanation about it or why you think that's a good strategy could've led to some fruitful discussion. Unfortunately your reaction showed that you're not about to go into any explanation, let alone try to discuss it.

I hope you understand that when your posting on a public board, and people decide to tail you, they might want to know that they're dealing with a knowledgable bettor or a dart thrower.

Please don't make yourself look like an imported fool by playing the 'though guy' card. This isn't a Trump rally, there are actually smart people here.
    edited May 2016
    For Monday :

1702 OKC/GSW U115 1H
    edited May 2016
    TOR/mia 2h u 94.5
    edited May 2016
    1549 MIA +2.5 1H

Spoelstra has tightened up the rotation after the Whiteside injury. Only eight guys will play this afternoon. None of them taller than the 6'10 of McRoberts. The small ball rotations are speedy and will constantly drive to the rim. The effect was visible as Miami took a 9-point lead at halftime and didn't relinquish it in the 2nd half despite a strong effort by DeRozan and Lowry. Spoelstra tried playing Stoudemire and Haslem on wednesday in the 99-91 loss at Toronto. The Stoudemire experiment ended quickly after a -9 in barely 3 minutes. Haslem was slightly less worse at -7 in 10 minutes. This short rotation should keep it tight till the end and I can even see Toronto losing this one if Casey sits Biyombo too long or plays Cory Joseph too much. Toronto quickly gives up points when Biyombo sits and also when Joseph plays. Joseph a horrendous -8, -7, -12 and -15 in his previous 4 games.
    edited May 2016
    if Casey sits Biyombo too long or plays Cory Joseph too much. Toronto quickly gives up points when Biyombo sits and also when Joseph plays.

As expected,
    Biyombo back in after only 1:30 of rest. Previous game he got about 3 to 4 minutes rest.
    edited May 2016
    2549 MIA +0.5 2H
  • imported_fools_goldimported_fools_gold Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Looks as if your 1st & 2nd half assessment on the Miami Heat is off there OBI-ONE-KNOW-IT-ALL

You may want to go back and study a little more before talking shit about other people's plays because your's aren't what you think the are !!

lmao
    edited May 2016
    Looks as if your 1st & 2nd half assessment on the Miami Heat is off there OBI-ONE-KNOW-IT-ALL

You may want to go back and study a little more before talking shit about other people's plays because your's aren't what you think the are !!

lmao

I have no horse in this race but this why people leave here. Nobody likes to lose a game and even less being told about it. Why don't you both let it go because we're all looking for the same thing. Forget who's right or wrong let it go I'm sure you both have better things to do. Thanks for listening.
    edited May 2016

lmao

My 1st and 2nd half assessment on the game was actually dead-on. Dwayne Casey played Biyombo more (41 minutes) and Cory Joseph less (15 instead of the regular 23 he normally gets). What actually made the difference in the game was positive shooting variance on Toronto's part (8-16 from behind the 3 point line up until 6 minutes left into the game). What also contributed was a scewed amount of calls for Toronto which got them to the line a total of 39 times before Spoelstra started to foul Biyombo on purpose. Their FT's in previous games were 25, 26, and 19. After that the frustration just let the game get out of hand. Nothing you can do about it.

I asked you a question and was wondering why you were doing those successions of plays. It really sucks that you're unable to answer a question and immediately perceive critical questions as shit-talking. As you have seen, some other posters also gave their opinions on the matter and I learned something from that. I'm sure other board members also learned from it, even though they could see and understand my (faulty) line of reasoning. There was a respectful conversation. Something you, unfortunately, are not capable of.
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I have no horse in this race but this why people leave here. Nobody likes to lose a game and even less being told about it. Why don't you both let it go because we're all looking for the same thing. Forget who's right or wrong let it go I'm sure you both have better things to do. Thanks for listening.

All good OT. :thumbup2:
    edited May 2016
    For Monday :

1702 OKC/GSW U115 1H

Line has gone up a bit since friday. Have been looking at the side, but no real edge there imo. It's very tempting to take the Thunder +7.5 after what they did to the Spurs, but the Warriors are a completely different opponent. While the Spurs went into a lot of LM Aldridge iso's, which basically gave the Thunder the opportunity to clog the lane with big men and also grab the rebounds when he missed (which he did a lot after game 2). The Warriors whip the ball around at a faster pace and they don't resort to iso's. They mostly score off of turnovers, fast breaks and they have a multitude of ball handlers (Curry, Thompson, Livingstone, Iguadala) to run a multitude of pick 'n rolls with either (Speights, Ezeli, Draymond or Bogut). That's what starts their offense. Those are a whole lot more options than the Spurs had. The Warriors also have better shooters to pass it to and better roll men.

There has been a lot of talk about OKC's newfound 'Big Man' line-up. But there's a big chance that Golden State will go small against that line-up instead of trying to match bigs with them. The Warriors small ball line-up with Draymond Green at center should run the big man line-up off the court and force Donovan into adjustments.

In their previous series the Thunder started giving a much better effort on defense than what we've seen them do in the regular season or in their series versus Dallas. I'm expecting that to continue this series. With less reckless attacking from Westbrook. They know his turnovers will mostly be a 3-pointer the other way. The tempo should be a bit slower, especially in the 1H when the teams are feeling out the other team's matchups and line-ups. What works, what doesn't? there will also be a lot of cross-matching this series. It will be fun to see and hopefully we'll have a great series.
    edited May 2016
    1703 TOR/CLE 1H O101
    704 CLE TT OVR 106
    CLE WINS Series 4 GAMES +270 (5D)
    edited May 2016
    for Wednesday:

705 OKC +8.5
    1705 OKC/GSW 1H U114