• Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    ONE STEP FORWARD
    TWO STEPS BACKWARD
    w2w
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Sex Between Innings as told by DStrawberry:

"Between innings. It worked out well, just how crazy it was," Strawberry said. "It kind of worked out that way. You point [a woman] out and tell the kid [to go get her]."

The "kid" he apparently sent to pick up women was the clubhouse attendant, who's often tasked with running errands for players. Strawberry also discussed "drinking in the clubhouse and smoking cigarettes in the dugout," according to Yahoo Sports.
    edited July 2016
    Another easy win
    w2w
    edited July 2016
    Nice and easy
    We need 10 of these in a row.
    w2w
    edited August 2016
    Who said we would never win again?
    lol
    w2w
    edited August 2016
    Disabled Cespedes taking rehab pointers from Josh Beckett.
    edited August 2016
    Cespedes also read the late Earl Weaver's bio on the perks of smoking cigs between innings.
    edited August 2016
    I guess we need 40 out of the last 53
    LET'S GO METS
    w2w
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    "You Gotta Believe"
    edited August 2016
    NEVER BEFORE HAVE SO MANY DONE SO LITTLE
    w2w
    edited August 2016
    As Mel Allen use to say "It's Going Going Gone"
    edited August 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    As Mel Allen use to say "It's Going Going Gone"

"A Ballantine Blast". OMG, was that a shit beer? Smelled like a skunk. Never cared for Red Barber his partner.
    edited August 2016
    Red was never my favorite but boy did I like Mel. I can sing the whole ballantine jingle, Hey get cold beer etc:
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    Mets have allowed 102 stolen bases, most in the majors. On the flip side, they have stolen 27 bases, third worst in the majors.
    edited August 2016
    They demoted Conforto back to the LV 51s Saturday. Shortly after arriving by plane from NYC he was rushed into a crucial pinch hitting spot. He was promptly drilled in the back with a Nappo fast ball. I think LV lost 9-8 in OT.
    edited August 2016
    Moot point(Ramirz singles w/1out in 8th) but if Matz hadda a no-hitter going into the 9th with an estimated 130+ pitches thrown..........does Collins let the youngster continue? I wouldn't wanna make that call.
    edited August 2016
    I don't believe in taking a pitcher out in late innings pitching a No Hitter. I think with today's baseball most would and Collins for sure. But if your making millions theses are the decisions you have to make and live with. I believe they're looking to limit his innings anyway .So if he went the 9 and pitched a No Hitter he misses a start or two. He threw 120 pitches last out in 6 innings if he doesn't give up the hit send him out for the 8th and hope it's a quickie.

He's got 125 innings pitched this year off of 25 innings last year and it's really not that bad at this time as long as your thinking about him missing a start here and there. Don't worry fans it won't be long you'll be shutting him down. But I would have left him in and had him sit a while after I mean it's not like he's going to cost you a wild card your chances are slim anyway. Lefties hit .283 against him and Righties hit .262 and this could have been his claim to fame and he's certainly not a lock to be an upper rotation pitcher.

Stop treating these guys like baby's from single A all the way up and start building arm strength. There's no reason why pitchers 30 years ago could pitch and not worry. Nolan Ryan did it when he went to Texas and took those kids and build up there arms where they stop looking at the bullpen after 6 and what did it get playing in two world series.
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the response OT. Definitely made sense. I'm trying to start some intelligent baseball conversation around here and most of these ppl don't GAF. I guess ppl are looking for winners and don't care how they were contrived. Following free rolling gurus that disappear after a bad spell.
    edited August 2016
    Always enjoy talking baseball and being right or wrong really isn't the point, it's an opinion and you know what they say about opinions but baseball always makes for good conversation. It's the hardest sport to play. Think about hitting a round ball with a round bat coming at you from 60'6" at 95 mph. It alway makes me laugh when you hear people say how could he swing at that well at 95 and above if you wait till the ball is out of the pitchers hand no shot.

What I really like is when I see a batter gearing up and it's one on one power against power and then the pitcher drops an off speed pitch right down middle and he just looks at it and stares at the pitcher all the way to the dugout. It's a great sport and yes there's a lot about some changes that I don't agree with but the love for the sport overcomes it all. Playing at a decent level many years ago and also that was "The Sport" growing up and it just doesn't leave you no matter what they do to it.

Had Baltimore today on a LB +205 after the 2nd inning with the Giants winning 1-0. I also had Seattle and was watching that game and after it was finish I started to wrap up the day and check some scores and seen Baltimore with 2 on 2out top 9 trailing by 2 so I went to the station to watch and I got there just in time to see Schoop rounding the bases almost fell off the chair. It saved my day had a couple losers in there also.

To change the topic for a second did you see the price of parking in LA for the Ram game. It's not bad enough your paying regular season prices which the cheapest seat way up in the end zone is $57 parking was $80 and some spots $100 who pays that.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited August 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I don't believe in taking a pitcher out in late innings pitching a No Hitter. I think with today's baseball most would and Collins for sure. But if your making millions theses are the decisions you have to make and live with. I believe they're looking to limit his innings anyway .So if he went the 9 and pitched a No Hitter he misses a start or two. He threw 120 pitches last out in 6 innings if he doesn't give up the hit send him out for the 8th and hope it's a quickie.

He's got 125 innings pitched this year off of 25 innings last year and it's really not that bad at this time as long as your thinking about him missing a start here and there. Don't worry fans it won't be long you'll be shutting him down. But I would have left him in and had him sit a while after I mean it's not like he's going to cost you a wild card your chances are slim anyway. Lefties hit .283 against him and Righties hit .262 and this could have been his claim to fame and he's certainly not a lock to be an upper rotation pitcher.

Stop treating these guys like baby's from single A all the way up and start building arm strength. There's no reason why pitchers 30 years ago could pitch and not worry. Nolan Ryan did it when he went to Texas and took those kids and build up there arms where they stop looking at the bullpen after 6 and what did it get playing in two world series.

The worst part at this level is if he leaves him in the game and he gets hurt next year, people will put the blame on this game. If he leaves him in and his numbers drop in games after this one, they will blame it on the 12-15 extra pitches he threw in that game. All total bullshit. As my years of playing went on, my summer coach had to deal with more and more pitchers coming in saying "my coach doesn't want me to throw more than X innings or x pitches in a game this summer". Some pitchers would say he told me to tell you that but i won't tell him i threw more. some didnt. you play 65-70 games a summer and you have 8 pitchers who don't want to throw more than 60 innings. math doesn't work. If we had a pitcher dealing and limits were being reached, my coach simply went up to him and told him the deal, " 8 innings and you are sitting on 110 pitches, it's up to you, want to finish?". if he hesitated at all, he took the ball, if he said give me the ball, he left him in. Let the pitcher decide. I know people will say it is the coach's decision but some players want to be a horse. Let em. They understand what the deal is and if they pay attention they will see the pitchers being babied are the ones getting hurt. They build their arm strength up and then their MLB team limits them. Their arm gets weak and pop. When MLB teams started limiting long toss, arm injuries went up. I look at Atlanta when they had their horses. Leo Mazzone believed in throwing a lot and long toss(everyone did back then). There weren't many arm injuries in their system(nothing is 100%). Jason Schmidt went to Pittsburgh, one of the first teams at the time to eliminate long toss from their throwing program, and he had multiple arm issues once he left. That's just one example, but it is so simple. If I went more than a week without playing any long toss, my arm felt weak. No better way to build it up. I saw college pitchers for the last 20 years. Those who threw a lot and played long toss were strong, those who didn't had problems. It was that way for position players as well.

Teams seem to act like they want to pace their pitchers for 20 year careers. First off, you won't have them for 20 years, and you probably don't want them for 20 years. I'd rather have a career like Roy Halladay, be a horse until your arm goes, and then retire, than spend 20 years going 6 innings and getting yanked.
    edited August 2016
    I couldn't agree more and I never thought about Long Toss and how beneficial it actually is. Great Stuff.
    edited August 2016
    The plug hasn't been pulled yet.
    2 1/2 behind the WILD CARD with 33 to go.
    w2w
    edited August 2016
    RACE 7 SARATOGA CESPEDES
    LET'S HOPE HE DOESN'T COME UP LAME
    w2w
    edited August 2016
    STILL FIGHTING
    w2w
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    5 of the 10 players from opening day (we had DH thst day) are on season ending DL. 1.5 out of wild card.... We have heart
    edited September 2016
    YOU GOTTA BELIEVE
    w2w
    edited September 2016
    HAVE NO FEAR...TEBOW IS HERE
    w2w
    edited September 2016
    SOMETIMES I THINK TO MYSELF IT'S WONDERFUL...OH SO WONDERFUL
    w2w
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2016
    1-0 since Tebow became a Met! We are blessed, use crown us now.