I love watching BART pitch.
    w2w
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    ONE WORD DESCRIBES LAST NIGHT
    H O R R I B L E
    w2w

You can add that quote to this weekend. Swept by the putrid Atlanta Braves. Looks like Phil not Terry is running the club.:surprised:
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    The BULLPEN was WONDERFUL...WONDERFUL.
    w2w
    edited June 2016
    GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS
    METS WIN...NATS LOSE...3 games out...2 in LOSS COLUMN
    BAD NEWS
    NOAH and CESPEDEDS HURTING
    WE LOOK LIKE THE WALKING WOUNDED
    w2w
    edited June 2016
    This thread is aping Kiner's Korner with one exception.......Ralph did his scheduled wrap-up win or lose.:)
    edited June 2016
    What's worse than leaving a struggling pitcher in because he bats next inning?
    Answer:
    Leaving a struggling pitcher in with a big lead in the 5inning to so he can get the win.
    edited June 2016
    Dr. Strangeglove Cespedes reminds me of the punt returner that fumbles away the ball and lays on the turf with and excusable 'injury'. 2 days ago Cespedes hurt his wrist striking out. Today he injured his ankle getting picked off 1stbase.

Did I bet the Mets? Yep!
    edited June 2016
    ANOTHER METS WIN
    ANOTHER NATS LOSS
    GETTING CLOSER BY THE DAY
    BTW...I do post after some METS LOSSES but my heart isn't in it
    lol
    w2w
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    The Mets and the Under was very nice yesterday. Big showdown coming up, it 's only June but it may set a tone:sweatdrop:
    edited June 2016
    Nats top pitching prospect Luke Giolito comes with mucho hype. Opens the chalk over W2W's 'favorite' hurler MHarvey. Watched(film) him pitch in AA and delivery reminds me of former Met Roger McDowell with better stuff. My fear is he might walk the ballpark in debut. Personally would take MHarvey @ +115 or better.
    edited July 2016
    The team in 2nd place in the NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST 5 GAMES out at the start of JULY 3rd will WIN THE NL PENNANT...at least I hope so.
    BTW 3 wins in a row and NOAH goes today.
    w2w
    edited July 2016
    +195 yesterday was a very nice win Go Mets. Could be a switch in the making:peace:
    edited July 2016
    GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS
    GOOD NEWS FLORES 6 for 6 2 HRS
    4 WINS IN A ROW
    BAD NEWS
    BRUCE WAYNE STARTS FOR US TODAY
    w2w
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS
    GOOD NEWS FLORES 6 for 6 2 HRS
    4 WINS IN A ROW
    BAD NEWS
    BRUCE WAYNE STARTS FOR US TODAY
    w2w

When was last time Mets took four from Cubs?
    edited July 2016
    1985 and in the playoffs last year.
    w2w
    edited July 2016
    FORGET BRUCE WAYNE...this idiot is AUNT HARRIET.
    w2w
    edited July 2016
    CESPEDES FOR THE REST OF US
    w2w
    edited July 2016
    Wire, I gotta tell ya the Mets sure are an equal opportunity employer. Give'm credit they first hired a financial guru in Bernie Madoff and now they reacquire a woman beater in Reyes. I think the latter will end up the same as the former. Oh yeah, and Bobby Bonilla is still cashing those checks.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Wire, I gotta tell ya the Mets sure are an equal opportunity employer. Give'm credit they first hired a financial guru in Bernie Madoff and now they reacquire a woman beater in Reyes. I think the latter will end up the same as the former. Oh yeah, and Bobby Bonilla is still cashing those checks.

Yankees paved the way with chapman, so New York was ok with it...
    edited July 2016
    I see old MET JIM HICKMAN passed on last week.He struck out looking more then any player I have ever seen.He was a statue at the plate.
    w2w
    edited July 2016
    Coops wrote: »
    Yankees paved the way with chapman, so New York was ok with it...

Good point Coop, but I remember KC Royals paving the way with Willie Wilson and the NFL Oilers with Moon.
    edited July 2016
    my 2c I don't know Chapman and of course I don't condone what these bums are accused of but Reyes has always been a thug and his worst was hanging out with that bum Delgado and there was one more with them that I can't think of his name that always gave Randolph a problem and all three are POS. I think the third at that time was Beltran not sure. They should let him do bus rides in the minors because he's a cancer and it's a bad move especially in the clubhouse. Put him in left field lets see how he acts with that move.

The Mets gave away 14 prospects for the team they have now and they're going to have a very short window to get and win a world series and this reeks of desperation. The young pitching staff and correct me if I'm wrong don't follow them that close but don't two have elbow problems and if that's the case tommy john will be getting some visits in the near future. Best of luck to the Mets.

Meet the Mets Meet the Mets step right up and Greet the Mets la la la la la:clap:
    edited July 2016
    He's leading off and playing 3rd today. Someone once said, "teams that shitcanned Reyes were always better after he left."

Guy reminds me of Iverson with half the talent. Wasn't Reyes the punk that threw his glove down in disgust when he booted an easy grounder? Little Leaguers don't even do that.
    edited July 2016
    Yes that was him. Did you see his numbers at AA and AAA laughable.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    He's leading off and playing 3rd today. Someone once said, "teams that shitcanned Reyes were always better after he left."

Guy reminds me of Iverson with half the talent. Wasn't Reyes the punk that threw his glove down in disgust when he booted an easy grounder?

I always thought it was the glove's fault when that happened.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Harvey, DeGrom, Matz and Wheeler already had tommy john surgery, so moot point. Thor will probably need it. Matz and Thor both have bone spurs in elbow but if they can tolerate pain, not a big deal. Baseball is a baseball, mets are paying Reyes NOTHING. Fan base cheered him, so don't think the crowd disagrees with the move. Everyone's window is small, we have the pitching, have to go for it now.
    edited July 2016
    Coops wrote: »
    Harvey, DeGrom, Matz and Wheeler already had tommy john surgery, so moot point. Thor will probably need it. Matz and Thor both have bone spurs in elbow but if they can tolerate pain, not a big deal. Baseball is a baseball, mets are paying Reyes NOTHING. Fan base cheered him, so don't think the crowd disagrees with the move. Everyone's window is small, we have the pitching, have to go for it now.

One TJ Surgery doesn't mean never again there are pitchers that have had it twice. They have 35 more runs then the Braves they really need to score. I wish you luck but WTF does the fans cheering for a thug have to do with anything. They Booed Derek Jeter one year in April I hope Reyes does well but he really isn't the answer and I think there hands are tied with trying to pick-up someone from the sellers. There not winning that division that you know right? But hey Good Luck I'm partial to Washington and any kind of consistence pitching and they can win it all. They can rake with the rest of the big boys.

A little side bet who goes further Washington or the Mets. If you win you have to wear a Washington hat that you buy for one week and at least once a day you have to tell someone that Washington is better then the Mets. If the Mets go further you tell me what you want me to do.
    edited July 2016
    METS WIN
    HARVEY ON DL
    He has shoulder discomfort.He would know what discomfort was if he had to sit and watch himself pitch.
    w2w