edited May 2016
    2ND HALF

SPURS -3

OVER 101

GL
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Truly a head scratcher,
    You take a postion with Spurs -7 before the game. The halftime score is 48-43 for the Spurs, so you need only 3 more points difference in scoring for your bet to win. Then you bet Spurs -3 as a second half bet, which means that you need a 4 points difference in scoring for your bet to win. This really baffles me. Why would you get into a postion at halftime that is worse than your pregame postion?

All of this while I just asked you about the same sequence of bets in a previous game.
    :huh:
  • imported_fools_goldimported_fools_gold Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Quit clogging my Space...I don't need your 2 cents with dude
    edited May 2016
    Quit clogging my Space...I don't need your 2 cents with dude

Unfortunately you just confirmed that indeed you have no clue of what you're doing. Sorry that I tried to help. Won't bother with your 'space' anymore.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Obi One wrote: »
    Unfortunately you just confirmed that indeed you have no clue of what you're doing. Sorry that I tried to help. Won't bother with your 'space' anymore.

He's partners with the tennis app guy, easy...
    edited May 2016
    anked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    2015-2016 NBA PLAYOFFS
    16-13 SIDES
    4-2 PROPS
    5-10 TOTALS

SPURS -1
    OVER 197

GL
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Why would you get into a postion at halftime that is worse than your pregame postion?

Speaking generally, it is very possible to have the 2h bet in this situation be +EV.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2016
    A couple things...

A) When you're posting on a public forum, it's not "your space". Why post if you aren't open to other's comments?

B) As Dr. H said, it's very possible that the 2nd half play is +EV on it's own. The 2nd bet should really stand on it's own (unless you're overexposing yourself or something), and there is no reason to not play it if you feel it's a +EV play, regardless of how that number compares to your original bet.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    EV of 2nd bet does not depend on the first bet at all. There will be some taking size issues that may be way too complicated to figure out at a halftime. I usually just ignore (or more often don't even remember) the game bet and bet the 2h on it's own.
    edited May 2016
    durito wrote: »
    I usually just ignore (or more often don't even remember) the game bet and bet the 2h on it's own.

Even if it leaves you exposed to the polish middle? :)

JK,
    thanks for clarifying guys.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Even if it leaves you exposed to the polish middle?

In this 'PC' world we now live in, why are the Pollocks allowed to be slandered? They have some of the most beautiful women in the world.:shifty:

Yeah, the second half is an independent bet.
    edited May 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    A couple things...

A) When you're posting on a public forum, it's not "your space". Why post if you aren't open to other's comments?

B) As Dr. H said, it's very possible that the 2nd half play is +EV on it's own. The 2nd bet should really stand on it's own (unless you're overexposing yourself or something), and there is no reason to not play it if you feel it's a +EV play, regardless of how that number compares to your original bet.

I'm not confused, I see what you guys are saying with this but why bet into your 1h play? I realize the 2h is its own play but damn talk about a quick way for me to shut a game off. Do you guys bet different amounts on 2h plays? Only time I could do it is if the game play was an easy winner or clear loser by half. Risking getting middled for a possible double up seems like poor money management. But then again I know very little and dont have time to watch anyways.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2016
    cpech56 wrote: »
    I'm not confused, I see what you guys are saying with this but why bet into your 1h play? I realize the 2h is its own play but damn talk about a quick way for me to shut a game off. Do you guys bet different amounts on 2h plays? Only time I could do it is if the game play was an easy winner or clear loser by half. Risking getting middled for a possible double up seems like poor money management. But then again I know very little and dont have time to watch anyways.

Whether or not I've bet on a game usually has little bearing on whether or not I'll watch it.

As far as "why bet into your 1H play"? You're not "betting into a 1H play", you're making another independent bet in which prior bets or the current score is mostly meaningless (I say mostly because I'm assuming that you're not overexposed on the game, and assuming that you've already taken the score/line/situation into account when making this new, hopefully +EV play).

As far as the "risking getting middled" being poor money management...if the results of one game impact your bankroll that much, then you're betting too much on each game.
    edited May 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    Whether or not I've bet on a game usually has little bearing on whether or not I'll watch it.

As far as "why bet into your 1H play"? You're not "betting into a 1H play", you're making another independent bet in which prior bets or the current score is mostly meaningless (I say mostly because I'm assuming that you're not overexposed on the game, and assuming that you've already taken the score/line/situation into account when making this new, hopefully +EV play).

As far as the "risking getting middled" being poor money management...if the results of one game impact your bankroll that much, then you're betting too much on each game.

Thanks Tommy for explanation. One game doesnt have that big of an impact on my bankroll but ive also been the victim of of bad beats where I string together 3,4,5 middles. That adds up and puts a hurting on ya mentally. Im done clogging up this thread, sorry Imported. Continued luck on your playoff plays!
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Even if it leaves you exposed to the polish middle? :)

JK,
    thanks for clarifying guys.

Sure.
    edited May 2016
    2015-2016 NBA PLAYOFFS
    16-14 SIDES
    4-2 PROPS
    6-10 TOTALS

OKC +7.5

Thunder Role players are proven and will keep OKC in this series. I'll take the +7 5 pts and roll the dice !

GL
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Gold there are 8's out there now
    I played at 7 1/2 when lines came out
    GO THUNDER
    edited May 2016
    Bookmaker still @+7.5....my local +7.5.....
    I'm good with that but GL to us either way
    edited May 2016
    2015-2016 NBA PLAYOFFS
    17-14 SIDES
    4-2 PROPS
    6-10 TOTALS

TOR/CLEV UNDER 201

GL
    edited May 2016
    2015-2016 NBA PLAYOFFS
    17-14 SIDES
    4-2 PROPS
    7-10 TOTALS

OKC/GS OVER 223

GL
    edited May 2016
    2015-2016 NBA PLAYOFFS
    17-14 SIDES
    4-2 PROPS
    7-11 TOTALS

TORONTO GOT SHAMED IN GAME 1...THEY SHOULD COME OUT BLASTING IN THE 1ST HALF AND STAY COMPETITIVE.

I'LL PLAY EM +4.5 1ST QRT. & +8 IN THE 1ST 1/2

PROP BET: DeMarre Carroll OVER 14.5 Pts+Rebounds

GL
    edited May 2016
    TORONTO +6

GL
    edited May 2016
    2015-2016 NBA PLAYOFFS
    17-14 SIDES
    4-3 PROPS
    8-12 TOTALS

Rebounding will be the critical and deciding factor for OKC this game.

OKC +3
    edited May 2016
    15-2016 NBA PLAYOFFS
    18-14 SIDES
    edited May 2016
    2015-2016 NBA PLAYOFFS
    19-14 SIDES
    4-3 PROPS
    8-12 TOTALS

CLEVELAND -6.5
    UNDER 197

GL
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    2015-2016 NBA PLAYOFFS
    19-14 SIDES
    4-3 PROPS
    8-12 TOTALS

CLEVELAND -6.5
    UNDER 197

GL

Don't want to intrude but that play Cleveland is Gold not "Fools Gold" Fools gold is thinking that Toronto wins or covers another game.

Good Luck
    edited May 2016
    lol---OT, u are so correct !!
    Have invested in 18k tonight
    edited May 2016
    That's really sad. A team that thinks they're going to win a ring can beat a Toronto club on the road.
    edited May 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    That's really sad. A team that thinks they're going to win a ring can beat a Toronto club on the road.

Ya, because Toronto is terrible at home....
    edited May 2016
    Remember JO your on ignore and I don't see the dumb statements that you make. Are you still crying about losing all your money in tear jerking statement you wrote. I have to fine that and re post it. Some of the new people will really see what you are. Remember now I can't see so no sense answering. My apologies for intruding in your space Gold It won't happen again unless it something pertaining to a game. You still have that fat guy avatar with the fools look that's how I picture you.