Betting Talk

Happy Thanksgiving! What was your luckiest cover?

TortugaTortuga Moderator
edited December 2015 in Sports Betting
Just thought it'd be a fun time to share some anti-bad beats.

I had Stanford -7.5 against USC in 2011. Stanford never led by 7+ at any point in regulation. Somehow the game goes to 3OT, Stanford gets the ball first in the third, has to go for 2, gets it and then stops USC to win by 8.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=313020030

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Played a "lighting bet" when I was in college against a local to pay for our spring break trip. I took the over in a cbb game (can't remember which one) it goes to triple over time to go over by a mile. I win 1300$ and paid for me and my buddies spring break trip to cancun. I knew nothing about either team and bet the game anyway lol.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Good topic.

Financially speaking the Patriot cover last year in the Super Bowl. Everyone in the country thought Marshall Lynch would punch it into the endzone, myself included. We all know what happens from there.

Sadly it's easier to remember the bad beats before the miracle covers.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Definitely have had a few lucky covers but those don't stick to your memory as much as the unlucky losses :idoit:
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    The Air Force.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Last night Denver under 207 Total was 205 with 1:39 left and no more scores. They usually score 20 when I'm in that situation
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Last night Denver under 207 Total was 205 with 1:39 left and no more scores. They usually score 20 when I'm in that situation

Tailed you on that play, thank you.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    George Mason 2nd half tonight?
    edited November 2015
    jm wrote: »

Lmao!!! Better chance of me eating my turkey dinner on the moon tomorrow
    edited November 2015
    I'm just wondering if we're gonna get any more losers tomorrow or if I can wait till Friday morning to cancel my subscription?
    edited November 2015
    jm wrote: »

Not sure if you noticed, but that play moved against us
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Been a rough start. Really don't understand a lot of the plays this year. I played Mason -2 pregame. Up 11 at half and I don't see the value to play 2nd half at a pick
    edited November 2015
    Hat wrote: »
    Been a rough start. Really don't understand a lot of the plays this year. I played Mason -2 pregame. Up 11 at half and I don't see the value to play 2nd half at a pick

Neither did the market
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Damn I crashed and burned both. Up 11 at half can't cover 2
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    So many plays are just so far off it is concerning
    edited November 2015
    I had a hard time all day understanding who was betting mason. I was cracking some + 4 and + 3.5s and line dropped to 2 and then about 30 minutes to tip they came again on mason and line closed -3.5. At the half I will admit it looked bad. And the wizards just stopped playing D and couldnt make shot in the 4 q. Nice pick on charlotte -2 Hat
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Thanks Wraps. I thought it was a tough spot for the Wiz. Can not figure the 2nd half GM play.
    edited November 2015
    So far this year in NCAA hoops there has been very strange intra day moves on most lines which makes no sense at all. Value is presenting it self almost every day if your able to create good numbers.
  • fishboomfishboom Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Great topic! I love you guys! Happy Thanksgiving! We are lucky to be around to tell these stories! God bless our soldiers!

boom
    Get busy betting, or get busy dying!
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    ALABAMA YESTERDAY. 4th down, running out the clock.............TD
    edited December 2015
    Ohio state under.... Plays are getting horrendous again
    edited December 2015
    DrH gonna win, RAS gonna lose.
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Golfer do u subscribe to H
    edited December 2015
    Golfer do u subscribe to H

No, but knew his service was starting today and I saw he had full game under.
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    was that a free play on twitter?
    edited December 2015
    was that a free play on twitter?

No, his first service play
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I almost passed on Ras for H this year but was curious with the 2nd half thing.
    edited December 2015
    I almost passed on Ras for H this year but was curious with the 2nd half thing.

I may do it cause I can get all my credits back and pay for the whole year for H. Horrid results continue and I'll be doing that
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I really can't understand when we bet the 2nd half at a shit number and we lose. If we played the same full game we win. Makes zero sense and we have done it numerous times already
    edited December 2015
    I really can't understand when we bet the 2nd half at a shit number and we lose. If we played the same full game we win. Makes zero sense and we have done it numerous times already

It's getting old honestly. It's just so he can max full game limits and not have to worry about moving the line before release. Not gonna be logical though when there is no subscribers.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    How does that affect a 2h play?

2h is a derivative of the game line and what's happened in 1st half.