Betting Talk

Happy Thanksgiving! What was your luckiest cover?

2»

Comments

• golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Yea so when game line becomes pretty effecient after all the betting, how is there a lot
    value left for second half action if it's just a "derivative"? All it does is call for more more variance, and less edge. Hope you can tell me why I bought this cause I can't quite figure it out yet
    edited December 2015
    Yea so when game line becomes pretty effecient after all the betting, how is there a lot
    value left for second half action if it's just a "derivative"? All it does is call for more more variance, and less edge. Hope you can tell me why I bought this cause I can't quite figure it yet
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    value left for second half action if it's just a "derivative"? All it does is call for more more variance, and less edge. Hope you can tell me why I bought this cause I can't quite figure it yet

As a 2nd half bettor I want a perfectly efficient closing game line. 2h lines are basically set as a function of game spread/total and half score and the actuality is it's more complicated than that (is a big dog winning because they should be or are they just 8/8 from 3's?) . the edges are definitely bigger than you'll find pre-game.

Though I think the idea of touting 2h's is ridiculous.
    edited December 2015
    durito wrote: »
    As a 2nd half bettor I want a perfectly efficient closing game line. 2h lines are basically set as a function of game spread/total and half score and the actuality is it's more complicated than that (is a big dog winning because they should be or are they just 8/8 from 3's?) . the edges are definitely bigger than you'll find pre-game.

Though I think the idea of touting 2h's is ridiculous.

Well then we can assume is first half subjective analysis sucks dick then... Great
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Won detroit/pacers under that fight night with local. was on pace to go way over before the fight
    edited December 2015
    Stricknine wrote: »
    Won detroit/pacers under that fight night with local. was on pace to go way over before the fight

Great! Can't wait for that to happen for us
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Won a Georgetown basketball under in 2003 that went into double overtime. Guess that constitutes a good bet and not luck
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Well then we can assume is first half subjective analysis sucks dick then... Great

Do you use the phrase "sucks dick" in the "real world", or just on gambling forums? I ask because I don't think I've heard someone over the age of 16 use that phrase in like 20+ years.
    edited December 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    Do you use the phrase "sucks dick" in the "real world", or just on gambling forums? I ask because I don't think I've heard someone over the age of 16 use that phrase in like 20+ years.

Depends on who I'm with, but generally delegated to horrid RAS picks. But not hesitant to use it if needed. Only forum I'm on (or have ever been on), is this one.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Ohio state under.... Plays are getting horrendous again

Settle down, the play lost by a bucket. I can't believe Ed didn't know they would hit three 3s in the first 70 seconds of the 2nd half! He's lost his edge.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2015
    This probably borders on unprofessional but I felt the need to make this clear...

If it were up to me, Golfer would be banned permanently. I find his rants to be a blight on BT. It's nothing personal. I've joked with him in recent weeks, I've given him numerous warnings, I've explained that healthy criticism is welcome, etc. After all that, I believe he has demonstrated that he is incapable of changing his ways and because of that feel BT would be better off with out him.

Naturally everyone is entitled to their own opinion; that's mine.
    edited December 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    This probably borders on unprofessional but I felt the need to make this clear...

If it were up to me, Golfer would be banned permanently. I find his rants to be a blight on BT. It's nothing personal. I've joked with him in recent weeks, I've given him numerous warnings, I've explained that healthy criticism is welcome, etc. After all that, I believe he has demonstrated that he is incapable of changing his ways and because of that feel BT would be better off with out him.

Naturally everyone is entitled to their own opinion; that's mine.

Sorry Goats. I was out of line again, I know. Just got mad about the game. Hasn't happened in a while but it did last night.
    edited December 2015
    Sorry Goats. I was out of line again, I know. Just got mad about the game. Hasn't happened in a while but it did last night.

While I appreciate the apology, I hope you can understand that at some point I can't help but feel enough is enough.
    edited December 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    While I appreciate the apology, I hope you can understand that at some point I can't help but feel enough is enough.

I don't disagree with you at all.
    edited December 2015
    Goats- can you auto ban me every day after 7:00pm ct during RAS basketball, then unban me the next morning? Do y'all have the capability of programming that in on your settings?

Obviously, this shouldn't be needed, I should be able to not post stupid, irrational, and negative comments. Just need to get through March then we have several months off.
    edited December 2015
    Goats- can you auto ban me every day after 7:00pm ct during RAS basketball, then unban me the next morning? Do y'all have the capability of programming that in on your settings?

Obviously, this shouldn't be needed, I should be able to not post stupid, irrational, and negative comments. Just need to get through March then we have several months off.

I'm not even going to ask if that's possible (which I highly doubt); we're not babysitters. I try not to be judgmental of anyone, we all have faults, but seriously, you're an adult. If you truly can't control yourself you should be banned permanently. I encourage you to work on your issues in whatever manner you see fit.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited December 2015

Try this: bet plays, don't sweat them. Check how you did in the morning. Will make life much more enjoyable.
    edited December 2015
    Try this: bet plays, don't sweat them. Check how you did in the morning. Will make life much more enjoyable.

That's what I'm gonna do. Thanks
    edited December 2015

Solid advice. With some exceptions of course, I've been doing that for a few years now.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    ive adopted this for Saturday's where there are just too many plays/games and I can piss the whole day away following the tracker. Certainly makes me more productive and keeps me in a better mood.
  • caaladorcaalador Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    For a 2nd half bettor it is rather impractical to sit out the game tracker,heh. However, I wish I knew how to autobet Kash 2h without having to do a damn thing.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    2-0 tonight with a combined cover by 2 pts. Celebrate tonight boys
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I've been using RAS for 3 seasons now, but am new to this message board. Idk if this is an appropriate question or not, but I have a certain "out" that seems to be posting 2H lines slower than my other two. The other two limit me to $500 a play. I was wondering if you were able to give some info on good outs to use for RAS plays. If not, I completely understand. As I said prior I am new to the board, and this is one of my first posts. I really enjoy this site and hope to be a contributing member in the future.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    jman wrote: »
    I was wondering if you were able to give some info on good outs to use for RAS plays. If not, I completely understand.

Jman, if you really understood, you wouldn't ask that question.
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Ronbets, Thanks for the overly condescending reply.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    The way I read this thread
    I have been married to my lovely wife 36 years
    Back when we were dating, I heard my mother coming upstairs to my room; very, very, strict
    I covered my wife rapidly with sheets and spreads
    Worked
    Luckiest Cover!!!
    edited December 2015
    jman wrote: »
    Ronbets, Thanks for the overly condescending reply.

If you want the polite version... People are unlikely to share how/where they can get down on RAS plays b/c it would negatively impact their own betting.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    hrwager.ag is easy to get plays down. they'll eventually shut you off though.
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    jm wrote: »
    hrwager.ag is easy to get plays down. they'll eventually shut you off though.

I understand. Thanks for the help guys. Like I said, I am new to the message board so I understand the negative impact it could have on others.