Betting Talk

It's becoming dead around here again

golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
Thought the posts picked up around the start of football season, but now it seems to be slowing down again.

What else can we do to get the board more active?

Comments

• BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Thought the posts picked up around the start of football season, but now it seems to be slowing down again.

For the past year, I have been investigating a vast international conspiracy. I am planning on writing about it extensively. It is 100 times weirder than anything I have ever written about.
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    For the past year, I have been investigating a vast international conspiracy. I am planning on writing about it extensively. It is 100 times weirder than anything I have ever written about.
    Look forward to it
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Just spent 1 hour reading the bitch thread from last year. Good grief I need to get a life.
  • ct5320ct5320 Senior Member
    edited November 2015

Please do, love your stuff Benny
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Contest of some sort?
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Just spent 1 hour reading the bitch thread from last year. Good grief I need to get a life.

Who u kidding you brought it up for premisson to start it up again. Kane will second that motion
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    What happened to Doc h site? Looks like its down.
    edited November 2015
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2015

:lipssealed:
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Goats wrote: »
    :lipssealed:

Goats - since not a whole lot going on around here right now, can you tell us the story on how you got the job working for BT and becoming a pro bettor ?
    edited November 2015
    A woman says to her lawyer "I want to divorce my husband." "On what grounds?" "Grounds? We have two acres at the edge of town with a big lawn and some fruit trees." "No, that's not what I meant. Do you have a grudge?" "Yes, we have a two car garage but only one car so we use the rest for storage." The lawyer is getting exasperated, "Does he beat you up?" "No, I'm up by 6:30 and sometimes he doesn't get up until after I've left for work." "WHY DO YOU WANT A DIVORCE?" "We just can't seem to communicate."
    edited November 2015
    Goats - since not a whole lot going on around here right now, can you tell us the story on how you got the job working for BT and becoming a pro bettor ?

These are not exciting stories (or maybe they will be to others) but since you really are that bored...

Got the job working for BT after running Stanford Wong's SharpSportsBetting.com for several years. It's still up if you're not familiar with it but it was basically a sports betting forum similar to BT (but a pretty serious one) and we also sold plays from various cappers like StevieY in the 2000's. Edward was familiar with it and we just got in touch when Stanford had decided that SSB was shutting down and he brought me on to help make BT a bit more serious, sharper, etc. The BT record keeping guidelines were inspired by the guidelines that existed at SSB for a decade.

I've told the pro bettor story before but I don't feel like finding it so I'll give you the short-ish version...

Prior to my 21st b-day I learned how to count cards and got into advantage BJ for a while (I use to live about an hour from AC in the Philly suburbs). Along the way, I became familiar with Stanford Wong's BJ books and his site BJ21.com. He then published "Sharp Sports Betting" the book which spun off the website mentioned above. Around this time I had already gotten into betting NBA player props b/c I was a fairly serious rotisserie hoops player and they were beyond easy to beat. I then learned more about sports betting as a whole from SSB, began following some touts there (we called them hosts), expanded to NFL props in addition to NBA, etc.

I didn't have a real career path at the time and was working a bullshit marketing job (the only "real" job I've ever had) that allowed me to spend half my day on my office computer doing sports betting stuff. I ended up making more from betting than the job and just kinda stumbled into doing it full-time when the start-up company I was working for was on the verge of bankruptcy and had to let me go when they merged with another company to survive. I didn't care at the time, it was never going to be a career. I also took some classes around that time that would allow me to become a middle school math teacher as a fall-back but fortunately never needed to.

That's the gist of it at least. Hope I helped stave off your boredom for at least a few minutes. :)
  • vikingpowervikingpower Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    These are not exciting stories (or maybe they will be to others) but since you really are that bored...

Got the job working for BT after running Stanford Wong's SharpSportsBetting.com for several years. It's still up if you're not familiar with it but it was basically a sports betting forum similar to BT (but a pretty serious one) and we also sold plays from various cappers like StevieY in the 2000's. Edward was familiar with it and we just got in touch when Stanford had decided that SSB was shutting down and he brought me on to help make BT a bit more serious, sharper, etc. The BT record keeping guidelines were inspired by the guidelines that existed at SSB for a decade.

I've told the pro bettor story before but I don't feel like finding it so I'll give you the short-ish version...

Prior to my 21st b-day I learned how to count cards and got into advantage BJ for a while (I use to live about an hour from AC in the Philly suburbs). Along the way, I became familiar with Stanford Wong's BJ books and his site BJ21.com. He then published "Sharp Sports Betting" the book which spun off the website mentioned above. Around this time I had already gotten into betting NBA player props b/c I was a fairly serious rotisserie hoops player and they were beyond easy to beat. I then learned more about sports betting as a whole from SSB, began following some touts there (we called them hosts), expanded to NFL props in addition to NBA, etc.

I didn't have a real career path at the time and was working a bullshit marketing job (the only "real" job I've ever had) that allowed me to spend half my day on my office computer doing sports betting stuff. I ended up making more from betting than the job and just kinda stumbled into doing it full-time when the start-up company I was working for was on the verge of bankruptcy and had to let me go when they merged with another company to survive. I didn't care at the time, it was never going to be a career. I also took some classes around that time that would allow me to become a middle school math teacher as a fall-back but fortunately never needed to.

That's the gist of it at least. Hope I helped stave off your boredom for at least a few minutes. :)

You still bet the props Goat?? How about an NBA Prop Thread? Just an idea for something new.
    edited November 2015
    You still bet the props Goat?? How about an NBA Prop Thread? Just an idea for something new.

I still bet NFL player props but stopped following the NBA years ago.

Sharing props is difficult. Tiny limits, lines move so easily, often from lower-tier books, etc.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    underwraps wrote: »

The one I thought you were laying was the old Leroy's sports book the last of the sports only books. Aross the street from the Nugget on the south side and right next to a Pawn Shop perfect spot.

My Boss was in that movie and had 11 non speaking parts. He was the guy who gets killed in the car
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited November 2015

You're married now- get off the message board all day and spend some more time with the wife. Priorities brother.
  • vikingpowervikingpower Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I still bet NFL player props but stopped following the NBA years ago.

Sharing props is difficult. Tiny limits, lines move so easily, often from lower-tier books, etc.

OK how about an NFL Prop thread then. We're all adults and can make our own decisions regarding juice, halves and differences in yardage (depending on the site you use) if we should play or not play. I think ALL of us are in agreement that advice from a reliable source is a good thing!
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited November 2015
    cpech56 wrote: »
    Contest of some sort?

The CFB bowl contest is just around the corner!
  • rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    The site is what you make of it IMO - we have some excellent cappers on here and the moment management and CLV discussions I find very valuable
    Good luck to all
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    The wife states that I am only interested in the following:
    Sex
    Food
    Sports
    Gambling
    Travel
    I have given it a lot of thought
    What else is there???
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    The wife states that I am only interested in the following:
    Sex
    Food
    Sports
    Gambling
    Travel
    I have given it a lot of thought
    What else is there???

Religion or Science?

HEALTH
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    What happened to Doc h site? Looks like its down.

I need to echo this concern. Anyone know what's going on?
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2015

According to a satisfied subscriber, he should return Dec 1st with CBB totals.
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited November 2015

Order page is still working, he posted a few winners on twitter today so I say he is still alive. lol

Yes, I believe his service starts next week. GL